[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For Pokemon on the Switch Would you prefer more cinematic battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 151pokemon.jpg (142KB, 522x657px) Image search: [Google]
151pokemon.jpg
142KB, 522x657px
For Pokemon on the Switch
Would you prefer more cinematic battles that take longer (like the Stadium games)
or faster battles with few animations (like X/Y and S/M)
>>
Settings Option to choose
>>
>>33004117
For a main series game? Speed.
>>
>>33004117
>Pokemon on the Switch
Animations should be short, but on Switch there needs to be a short minigame that can utilize your __% of acc. or something. Like a simon color wheel thing.

For instance, if an opponent starts using double team; your minigame gets harder and harder to finish.
>>
>>33004358
I wouldn't hate that, if it were optional and not used for online
>>
>>33004366
>if it were optional and not used for online
Switch should have more options, the space for development is really there.

Still, a Switch game was already debunked... Right?
>>
>>33004358
Ugh, no. I like Pokemon as a pure RPG, without adding an element of player ability to how a battle goes. Games that do that sort of thing are fine, and I really enjoy some of them, but Pokemon doesn't need to do that.

Not to mention, damn, that would make battles take forever.
>>
File: OriginalSimon.jpg (81KB, 509x480px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalSimon.jpg
81KB, 509x480px
>>33004374
>that would make battles take forever.
It wouldnt be that bad, just a quick game that increases in difficulty for whatever reason.
>>
>>33004387
But a "quick game" on every turn adds up to a *lot* of time. And as I said, even conceptually, I don't like the idea of adding a player skill element to standard battles. It should stay as a pure strategic RPG. Leave timing, memory, etc. for side competitions like Contests, Pokeathlon, etc.
>>
>>33004370
>Still, a Switch game was already debunked... Right?
Did you not watch E3?
The director said a new core game was coming for the switch
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.