[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started leaf green for the first time, anyone got any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1498332653334.png (387KB, 780x679px) Image search: [Google]
1498332653334.png
387KB, 780x679px
Just started leaf green for the first time, anyone got any advice? I chose squirtle as my starter.
>>
you can get a nidoking by the time you reach mt moon
>>
>>32987457
>Squirtle
You do know that there are several better water types, right?
Starmie alone pretty much completely invalidates Blastoise.
>>
>>32987479
I'm sorry are you so fucking autistic that you forgot how to have fun? What in the absolute fuck is wrong with you? Do you seriously go for meta teams in a fucking playthrough? Do you have literal brain problems?
>>
>>32987479
Yeah but I like blastoise, and anyway I want vulpix/ninetales, and I kind of want a different poison type than venusaur, so blastoise seemed like a good choice.
>>
>>32987457
Magneton is a better electric type than Raichu or Electabuzz.
My bro Heracross is post-game
>>
>>32987457
there's quite a few moves you can only ever get on some mons in FRLG due to unique tutors and minor unique balancing learnsets, if you plan on transferring up your mons.

One that comes to mind is Charmander learning Metal Claw - something it lost and never got back.

As for actual gameplay advice - Moltres can no longer be found in Victory Road, so don't panic when you can't find it there.
>>
File: 1434208544561.jpg (72KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434208544561.jpg
72KB, 720x480px
>>32987498
haha holy shit
>>
>>32987457
Surf to Win.
Bite to Win.
Ice Beam if you ever get it to win.

You beat the game. Well done, Gen 1!
>>
>>32987549
Or Gen 3 applies too.
>>
>>32987511
Brocross ftw. Save your Earthquake TM for him.
>>
>>32987549
Ice beam is stupid easy to get in leaf green. Game corner and lots of money GG.
>>
File: 1499616203775.jpg (296KB, 1920x911px) Image search: [Google]
1499616203775.jpg
296KB, 1920x911px
>>32987549
Isn't every game pretty much surf to win?
>>
>>32987511
Yeah but electabuzz has the most je ne se quois imho.
>>
>>32987479
Variety is the spice of life my dude. Besides people can go for an efficiency/speedrun whenever they want, why not just enjoy the games as they are a few times.
>>
>>32987555
Applies in Gen 2 as well, except with Ice Punch instead of Ice Beam.
>>
Yikes I just one hit both of Brock's pokemon. Rom hacks have me spoiled for difficulty.
>>
wow the red/blue/green being semi open world really isn't a meme. After you beat misty you can really go to pretty much any town and fight whoever you want.
>>
>>32989803
True. Kanto is the least linear region, which is one of its major perks.
>>
>>32989803
It's not so much open world as much as there are simply no barriers stopping you.
>>
>>32987457
Clefable is retardedly strong if you can get one. It learns everything, is bulky and can kick lots of ass with mega punch
>>
>>32987457
I really like this artist's depiction of Red.
>>
>>32989803
I recommend clearing the Celadon Rocket Base/Lavender Tower ASAP. Snorlax is great, and in Fuchsia you get the HM for Surf, opening up the rest of the world and giving your Blastoise the best STAB.
>>
>>32987498
kek destroyed
>>
>>32990052
whats the difference though?
>>
>>32987479
>Winning>Fun
Kys
>>
>>32987457

>needing advice for a children's game

how retarded are you?
>>
>>32987457
Until postgame the only viable pure poison type is Muk due to Sludge Bomb being stuck on the islands.

Save the Rock Slide tutor unless you plan on keeping what you teach it to through the whole game, it's just about the best Rock move in the game and it's a one time shot until you can breed it into Pokemon.

Marowak wrecks shit with Thick Club, remember that you have Thief.

>>32987462
And it's the only viable target for Water Pulse pre-Eevee outside of your starter. No shit, you get the TM pretty damn early.
>>
>>32992191
>and it's a one time shot
this shit (and TMs being single use) is really scary to go back to. I feel spoiled by the new games!
also leaf green feels really empty with only 140 or so pokemon in it. same things in every grass patch.
>>
>>32989803
You really don't even need to beat Misty right away. You can just go to the S.S. Anne after meeting Bill.
>>
My advice: Do not do a nuzzlocke run

I thought I'd be clever and do a nuzzlocke for my first time in Leaf Green. It was a huge mistake. Once I encountered new content that wasn't in Gen 1 it felt like I wasted my initial playthrough. But I can't stop doing the Nuzzlocke now or all the dead are for nothing
>>
>>32992242
>also leaf green feels really empty with only 140 or so pokemon in it. same things in every grass patch.
not that sun and moon were any different
>>
>>32992843
this isn't an edition war thread, but SM even had 300 something pokemon in the regional dex.
>>
Where's that art from?
>>
Are you still here OP?
If not don't bother with Golbat it won't evolve into crobat until after the post game.
>>
>>32996394
>If not don't bother with Golbat it won't evolve into crobat until after the post game.
wtf
I am here still. My current team is ninetales, ghastly, farfetch'd, wartortle, pidgeotto, and onix. Trying to ditch farfetch'd idk what I was thinking.
This tiny amount of pokemon, pretty much just one or two of any given type, is really restrictive feeling for team building. But I feel like the game itself is decently hard, at least after playing SM. I mean, its not hard at all, but theres been some okay fights as far as pokemon goes.
>>
>>32996841
Ditch Onix too, you won't have a Metal Coat until postgame and its Attack stat is abysmal.
>>
>>32987498
>Do you seriously go for meta teams in a fucking playthrough
There is nothing wrong with that
But don't get autisticly mad when someone decides to use a shitmon in fire red seeing as it's not like he's going competitve with a fucking fire red team.
>>
>>32996841
if ninetales knows flamethrower then keep it
if you can trade then keep gastly
farfetch'd is good if you want a challenge
wartortle is great
pidgeotto is meh
onix is garbage
my personal suggestions are primeape, poliwrath/lapras, nidoking, and dodrio
>>
>>32996931
>>32996946
i keep thinking onix sucks but it keeps coming through for me. idk i'll probably ditch it. if i just ditch farfetch'd right now then i dont have anyone who can use cut which is kind of a bummer. i guess thats one downside to picking squirtle; the other two can learn cut.
i'm really meh on pidgeotto too but i don't really know what to replace it with right now. i would ditch onix and it and get aerodactyl, but thats a little ways off. maybe i'll just rush getting my fossils taken care of.
ninetales of course has flamethrower. i've been kind of binging this game since i started this thread, and i spent all of my rare candies getting vulpix up to flamethrower level asap.
>>
>>32997018
>Farfetch'd
Keep it as a HM slave. Teach it Fly once you grab it.

>Pidgeotto
Right now? Maybe Fearow, it ditches more damage. After a while? Dodrio, clearly.

>Onix to Aerodactyl
Why not just ditch Rock types for a while until you can get ahold of a Rhyhorn? Alternately, grab Sandshrew or Diglett instead.
>>
>>32987457
>Just started leaf green for the first time, anyone got any advice? I chose squirtle as my starter.
You can choose between a dragon dildo, derp frog or the monotype shit.

Congrats, you chose the worst. Now feel bad and think on your decisions.
>>
>>32987498
Savage.
>>
File: charmander_metalclaw.jpg (96KB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
charmander_metalclaw.jpg
96KB, 305x350px
>>32987536
They changed it to an egg move in Gen IV. Still is that way.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.