[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post GFs biggest mistakes they made in thieyre games I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 18

Post GFs biggest mistakes they made in thieyre games
I'll start
>3 Fire/Fightinf type starters in a row
>>
buizel
>>
>>32983705
3 official starters made by a fan autist
>>
>>32983705
>7 bipedal fire starters in a row.
>>
File: 1493236479876.png (566KB, 974x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1493236479876.png
566KB, 974x1041px
>>
>thieyre
What the fuck.
>>
>>32983705
lack of more than 1 save file
>>
>>32983718

Typhlosion is half and half

It's officially a quadruped (it runs on four legs) that stands on its hind legs
>>
File: DBynO0QUMAESEyH.jpg (68KB, 1024x576px)
DBynO0QUMAESEyH.jpg
68KB, 1024x576px
These
>>
Charizard
Feraligatr
Sceptile
Samurott
Greninja
Decidueye
>>
>>32983705

Their biggest mistakes is introducing less than 100 new Pokémon.
>>
>>32983782
Two generations in a row!
>>
>>32983782
yet people despised gen5 for adding so many
>>
>>32983705
I'm still mad that Emboar wasn't fire/ground
>>
Hoenn and Sinnoh

>>32983769
Are you illiterate? OP said mistake. Aside from Charizard and Sceptile those are the best starters from each gen
>>
>>32983731
Wrong Johto girl. Lyra is fine, Kris was the mistake.
>>
File: fixing a mistake.png (77KB, 285x462px) Image search: [Google]
fixing a mistake.png
77KB, 285x462px
>>32984105
Wrong
>>
Diamond and Pearl not having all the new Sinnoh evolutions in it's dex.

Johto barely featuring it's own mons, offenders including Morty's entire gym just using Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar, yet nobody has a Misdreavus. Or how Umbreon is the only Dark type obtainable before Kanto.
>>
File: mistakes.png (1021KB, 1475x431px) Image search: [Google]
mistakes.png
1021KB, 1475x431px
>>
File: Kris is shit.png (129KB, 285x406px) Image search: [Google]
Kris is shit.png
129KB, 285x406px
>>32984124
Fuck off Krisfag
>>
>>32984021
The worst part for me is that anti-genV hate claims that overlapping niches in designs make the genV analogs useless and redundant.

I do not understand why people enjoy zubat encounters in 100% of all cave dungeons. I'd much prefer there being mostly Woobat in this one cave and noibat in another cave.
Variety is the spice of life. Gigalith is not 1-1 with Golem (1&7) I'd expect A-Golem in urban centers, K-Golem in rough terrain and volcanic areas, Gigalith in gem riddled caves with Sableye and Carbink etc...

There need not be the ONE true rock type all others are imposers mentality. That only serves to limit enjoyment in all departments of the game (team building, varied encounters, NPC personalities, detailed settings/immersion, the meta, & etc)

>pic related illustrates that all the star pokemon are in perfect harmony side by side, making the setting and franchise literally and figuratively richer
>>
>>32984185
Mean :(
>>
no 6v6 battle spot
>>
>>32983705
I feel like the lore building aspects of each generation have been getting better but are still criminally underutilized as a way of making the games more interesting. Dialogue should reflect that capturing Legendaries is HUGE. Once you have a(n) X, Y, or Z characters should call you or ask favors/missions of you. Something like "Only Xerneas/Celebi can rejuvenate this dry terrain" the mission would be piss easy but could alter a mountainous route into a greener shrub filled area with new encounters or changed enco. rates

Dialga&Celebi for past/future events >introduce a next gen mon w/o being able to catch it but defeating it is assumed in Gen X+1 and the Gen X protag appears to help you oust the penultimate threat and leaves you thinking all is well before you face Big Bad all by yourself and no one saw it coming during "peacetime"
>>
Festival Plaza
>>
>>32984133
Glad fags like you don't design Pokemon. Unless you don't mean the designs and you meant in a competitive battling way.
>>
This shit is such a fucking mess.
>>
"Third versions"

Yellow seemed like a legitimate reaction to the success of the ashnime at the time, but crystal felt like a rip off when I was a kid. These revised games give GF the reason to withhold extra content and features that have no reason to be in the base games, especially by now. Move tutors for example are a no brainer.

I wouldn't mind this practice if we saw all of the previous third version features in the base game of a new gen, and then got even more in the next third iteration, but as of now it's the same few features being deliberately withheld every gen. Lazy and disgusting, things like these help me from feeling sympathy for the company it Pokemon ever crashes
>>
>>32984133

the gods were a nice touch though to end the conflict of the true origins of pokemon (and technically everything as well) in the pokemon universe. the only illogical thing that i found about them is the fact hat they can be contained in pokeballs being near omnipotent.

maybe they arrested their own power, granting human's the ability of power with regards to containing all pokemon. because if not it's just stupid how the god of all creation is just waiting in my shelf because a certain shrew with drills had better mechanics in battle than said god
>>
>>32984189
>including lunatone when clearly solrock is the "star"

perfect harmony my ass
>>
>>32984568
Your are objectively right. Comment retracted
>>
>>32983705
The fairy type. Dragons are good but they were good because they were psuedos not because they were dragons.

Also going to 3ds during the 3ds causing tons of lag.
>>
>>32984414
Should have been closer to Join avenue imho. The castle theme is half assed and the shops are nearly useless unless you truly grind. Hardly worth the effort, even Pokepelago is more interesting
>>
>>32984527
They're only avatars, not actual gods. I'm pretty sure the real Pokemon god wouldn't let himself be carried around by a 10 year old with a Master Ball.
>>
>>32984124
Only human opinions matter here. Your opinion can remain under the bridge with you.
>>
>>32984661
This, dragon on paper doesn't look very powerful. It reads like a very defensive type with a resistance to the 4 starter elements and good against only itself.

Kingdra was an example of dragons done right in gen 2, it was good and it's stats were perfectly reasonable. Then from Salamance onwards GF threw balance away and gave them offence, bulk AND speed (plus a huge move pool) and then blames the type itself.
>>
>>32983742
admittedly, Charizard (by dint of it's wings) and Typhlosion (by dint of sometimes walking on 4 legs) are less standard than the others, but that's still 5 in a row, and far less variation than the other types.
>>
>>32983718
>Gen 8 gives us a quadraped final Fire starter
>it's Fire/Fighting
>>
>>32984313
heatran would be so proud
>>
>>32983705
The whole gen 5
>>
>>32984832

gen v was great, the only downside i saw was the fact that to only way to not excruciatingly obtain the hidden abilities in mons (multiscale dragonite) was from dreamworld
>>
>>32984510

Plat was great
B2W2 was great, in fact a sequel even that was logically made
>>
>>32984676
Arceus is the physical manifestation of the Original One, which resides practically in all things, both humans and pokémon.

"The way I see it, our world began when the spirit within people was born.
When that spirit came to be, there followed awareness about the world.
Within the newborn spirit, time and space were intertwined as one.
People and Pokémon, too, were but the same presence.
As I understand it, people and Pokémon shared the spirit and awareness.
They should have understood and accepted each other then.
Because they shared the same spirit, people and Pokémon intermingled.
People took the place of Pokémon, and the opposite also held true.
That interpretation could give us an idea about how our world came to be.
A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world.
Could that Pokémon be the physical form of the original spirit?
Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were born...
That seems to point to Legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space...
And they lead back to Arceus, the Pokémon that made them arise.
Oh, there were also Plates, weren't there?
One Plate read "Three beings were born to bind time and space."
Those three beings I read to mean the three Pokémon of the lakes. It's about Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.
The myth describes how they gave spirit to the world, shaping it.
But it all starts with Arceus, the first. It is known as the Original One."
>>
The Ralts line and Zygarde.

Autistic fanbase who will undoubtedly prove my point by feeding me (you)s with their REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing.
>>
>32984941

Although I like Zygarde you have your opinion and I respect it.
>>
File: h8m0lNJ.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px)
h8m0lNJ.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
>Add regional variants of Arbok for each gen
>Have only one Arbok sprite in each game, so the variants aren't ported
>>
>>32984902
basically jesus ?
>>
>>32984313
Legendaries being post game is so retarded. The legendaries should be throughout the second half of the game and the conflict shouldn't end until long after the champion.
>>
>>32985007
>>32985007
comparing BW sprites with DPP sprites is pointless as it is almost obvious that most BW sprites were more animated (if not recycled) DPP sprites

but concerning arbok i just realized that its body design acutally differs from gen
>>
File: eroticmetalworm.gif (409KB, 130x121px)
eroticmetalworm.gif
409KB, 130x121px
>>32985180
Point being the BW steelix
>>
>>32985130
>>
File: 1467579657100.jpg (491KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467579657100.jpg
491KB, 1200x900px
>you can only fight Steven once in Emerald and he has the shitty rival battle music
>>
>walk into some building in w2
>"hey let's dress up a pokemon"
>click b
>"oh don't be like that"
>"pick an accessory for fagthighs(meditite)"
>haven't touched the game since
I hope a nigger fucks John Gamefreak's wife regularly
>>
>>32983705
>gen 7
>no new fossil pokemon added
>literally ever other generation before gen 7 did is
They fucked up bad
>>
>>32986095
I loved Gen 2's fossils
>>
>>32983742
This is why it is the best fire starter.
It is also the least red fire starter.
>>
>>32983715
Yup
>>
>>32984105
It's funny how some people are STILL aiming at that one krisfag haha keep it up :) boards not gunna die by itself. Let's keep pushing this shit meme
>>
>>32984527
It actually solved more problems than it created. And they did it at the right time. Gen 3 would be too soon, Gen 5 would be too late.
>>
>>32986095
Gen 2 had no fossils.
>>
>>32984902
>>32984527
My personal headcanon is the primordial Pokemon exhausted most of their power creating the universe. So Arceus was originally universe-busting, but now its power is so dispersed throughout creation that it's just a high end Pokemon.
>>
>>32983769
>So all the shill mons, and the feraligatr.

You know they can't be mistakes if they boost the popularity of pokemon.
>>
>>32984832

Ebin
>>
>>32987016
>Boost the popularity
I doubt they boost the popularity, they're just an easy way of rising hype for things existing fans would already likely want without them.
>>
>>32987016
Hi Comedy Relief Anon
>>
>>32983705
>stealthrocks
>>
Removing Super Training.
Just why? It's way more tedious to EV grind normally and Hyper Training is harder than IV breeding and only serves to enable Pokemon with Hidden Power to run perfect IVs.
>>
File: Biggest mistakes.png (549KB, 974x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Biggest mistakes.png
549KB, 974x1041px
>>32983705
>>
>>32983705
Priority pre Gen 7
>>
>>32983705
Unova region and a bonus! Festival Plaza
>>
>>32984133
i always rationalized that they limited themselves for fun since its been stated pokemon like to battle so they just allowed u to capture them after u proved worthy enough so they can battle with u for fun
>>
>>32983705
Not allowing major retconns
>>
In order of decreasing cancerousness:
Z-Moves
Scald
Thunder Wave's ass backwards nerf (speed instead of full para)
Stealth Rock dealing typed damage
And a ton of others, but those four are their biggest blunders.
>>
>>32984414
Definitely the Festival Plaza.
It's actually the perfect example and the epitome of everything wrong with the way GF develops video games, in a single feature (plus context with the previous gen having PSS).

>they scrap perfectly functional and wildly liked features because they want to "surprise players" and "not repeat themselves" (despite Pokemon being the epitome of a iterative series)
>they want to "surprise" people and make features "unique to the region" in some ridiculously impractical ways by removing key functions from the game such as VS Seeker, PSS, DexNav, etc, but other areas that would be far better for thematic development such as unique endgame facilities get copy and pasted from other regions instead
>they want to combine old systems they removed for the above reasons into a single system despite both not working together well, in an attempt to sell it off as something new and surprising. In Festival Plaza's case, Join Avenue and PSS, removing what made both good in the process
>they want to pass off loss of convenience and functionality as atmosphere

It's the epitome of GF being retarded.
>>
Gen3 bugs
>introduce a Bug/Ground and Bug/Water
>both evolve into Bug/Flying
>>
>>32989061
assuming you are not normie enough not to get yourself a power bracer, and actually get one for ev training. the worst you'd need to be able to ev train is to kill 70 mons and with pokerus no more than 40 for a fully ev trained mon, of course you would also have had to spend at least 190,000 poke for the vitamins, but earning these aren't even a chore

it's not even hard
>>
>>32989548
you'd be too autistic not to accept the fact that most visibly seen bugs in real life actually metamorphose into flying
>>
>>32989061
>likes super training
>calling other things tedious
Are you retarded. It took a lot of tapping just to get that 4IV bag. The only good thing about super training was the white bag. Pelago allows you to get the exact EVs you want. It was a waste of space bar the white bag and I'm glad it was removed
>>
>>32989790
4EV*
>>
File: T2GelDR.jpg (206KB, 550x610px)
T2GelDR.jpg
206KB, 550x610px
>>32987010
Well, Arceus can create several members of the trio creation without difficulty, who individually can rewrite reality and create parallel universes, so I don't think Arceus is very "exhausted".
>>
>>32989618
I accept it but I would have liked to see different bug/ground/water pokemon that stayed that type through evolution. And besides, Masquerain still would've worked as a water type. Its not like it needs flying type since it'll still resist ground
>>
>>32989249
>speed instead of full para
wait what
all i see is 90% accuracy and a nerf to paralysis in general that lowers speed by 50 instead of 75
i've been out of the loop of the meta
>>
>>32983705
My choices:

Not fixing the level curve and Kanto post game content in HGSS.

Not making Samurott Water/Fighting.

Not adding Emerald content (Frontier, other little additions) to ORAS.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.