[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with him? Is Pokémon becoming the worst franch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: untitled.png (672KB, 1140x601px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
672KB, 1140x601px
Do you agree with him? Is Pokémon becoming the worst franchise?
http://www.therichest.com/world-entertainment/15-reasons-why-pokemon-is-becoming-the-worst-franchise/
>>
>>32974608

>Remember Serena and Ash Greninja? They’re no longer part of his life.

That's a good thing though
>>
He's obsessed with a console Pokemon game. I am not. Therefore no I do not agree with him there. However he does make multiple good points. Although he at one point calls sun and moon imaginative. Which is a fucking farce.
>>
>>32974608
>dude trashbags and keychains lmao
Penn Jillette.jpg
>>
>>32974608
Sounds like he's talking out of his ass
>>
The worst franchise by what measure? It's second only to Mario in video games alone, it makes billions annually and in terms of character recognition, you're looking at Mickey Mouse as Pikachu's better and not many others. Clickbait is a fucking mistake and I'm not giving this guy ad revenue.
>>
File: 1455312151015.png (123KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455312151015.png
123KB, 300x300px
>the biggest media franchise in the entire world
>worst
>>
>>32974608
>objectmon hate
>>
>>32974646
he's right tho
luckily unova isn't real pokemon since still not canon
>>
File: (You).jpg (28KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
28KB, 600x454px
>>32974694
(You)
>>
"What’s even more perplexing about this is that the Nintendo Switch is out, and we haven’t received so much as a whisper about a main Pokémon game on it."
This is all you really need to know about the quality of the article.
>>
File: 1463187381163.png (96KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463187381163.png
96KB, 800x800px
>32974694
>>
>>32974608

No, the whole article is blatant clickbait.
>>
>>32974608
No. I think it's getting better.
>>
>>32974608
Man, this wasn't worth the read, he's blatanly click baiting and searching for things to add to the list, he even contradict himself by writtings things like this
>5. Poor amiibo support
>8. Expensive merchandise
and this
>7. poor business decisions
>held off Pokken or put it on the 3DS
>Put USM in the switch
He thinks that not porting Pokken to the switch or remaking it for the 3DS is a good idea and that putting USM in the switch would get them more money than if it was in the 3DS?
what a joke...
>>
File: 1493_original.png (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1493_original.png
2MB, 1400x1400px
>It’s only a matter of time before they run out of ideas and start coming up with only stupid-looking Pokémon.
>They came pretty close with Black and White already
Gen 5's dex was great though
>>
>>32974935
>Volcarona's great
Are you underestimate the celestial moth of the gods? VOLCARONA IS UTTERLY PERFECT!
>>
>>32974608
I don't want things to change. That's why I still play Pokémon and not other games. I probably have the 'tism though.
>>
File: tumblr_mfx220n9xJ1qmti2no1_1280.jpg (70KB, 420x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfx220n9xJ1qmti2no1_1280.jpg
70KB, 420x478px
>>32974951
I meant the dex was great as a collective unit, silly. Of course there are a few shining stars that are more than just good.

But that's Cofagrigus, Audino, and Scolipede. Not Volcarona.
>>
>>32974608
>the richest
Clickbait website. Remember to sage and ignore this thread.
>>
>>32974608
>Giving clicks to a clickbait site
You can do better, OP
https://archive.fo/QP71i
>>
>Doesn't listen to fans
The only thing I can agree with
>>
File: Imagen 034.png (18KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
Imagen 034.png
18KB, 438x469px
>>32974608
>Now we have Pokémon based on ice cream, gears, keychains, and even literal garbage bags.
Here we go, again...
>>
>>32975142
>balls, magnets, goo, eggs
>>
>Conquest was bad
>Small games that get people talking like Magikarp Jump are bad
>I don't like x pokemon design therefore it's bad
How much of an idiot is this guy, not to mention probably the stupidest thing in this entire article
>They should have put Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the Switch, and Pokken on 3DS
>Pokken on 3DS
>>
>>32974702
>>32974723
>no arguments
oh well, let's resort to forced bait reaction image memes instead
like a clockwork
>>
>>32975142
>quotes a list of objectively shit objectmons
>thinks they are unironically good
these are the shitposters or """people""" who keep ruining pokemon
>>
>>32974608
>A lot of times, something is cool because not everyone likes it. However, the moment everyone gets on board, it loses its appeal.
Stopped reading there
>>
>>32974608

>The richest

Why are people who want to shitpost always choosing literal who websites?
>>
>>32974608
>Pokemon Go
ah yes, the most popular mobile game in a long time is a bad thing. sure, the game had (and has) flaws, but it hard a bigger impact than any mobile app I could name.

>Pokemon never tries anything new
>Pokemon spin-offs are strange and I don't like them.

I mean, pick one. don't complain about different things while whining that stuff's the same.

this guy just seems mad that he doesn't enjoy all the different parts of the franchise, rather than being happy that there are many different angles that different people enjoy.
>>
>>32975370
Quoted.
>>
>>32974646
Jynx and Mr. Mime were his go to for weird mons. Not Porygon and Magnemite.

I mean if you're going to be pointing out absurdity being a staple in the series, at least be consistent if not resign yourself to the fact it's nothing new.
>>
>The list got very retarded near the top

>1. Don’t Listen To Fans
There's a degree where they probably shouldn't and there's a degree where they should consider it.

The latter to a minor degree.

>2. No Console Pokémon
It's called "pocket monsters" for a reason. Exp Shares and Lucky Eggs aside, the game's a timesink and not in a JRPG sort of way. More like the pull out the portable to kill some time when you're catching the train home, save then fuck off sort of way.

>3. The Anime
Blame Shudo, partly. The beast it is right now isn't really his fault, it just sort of happened as fallout from that. Also the series isn't supposed to honor continuity like a Shonen anime does, it just refreshes itself every time there's a new game.

Sure, X/Y made bold moves but I think that was just OLM playing a game of "Chicken" with claims about there being romance in the series and then made good on its word -- sort of. That was as far as it got and I don't really expect them to repeat or top that. Do the smart thing and move on, pretend it didn't happen.
>>
>>32974608
This seems like a clickbait website, but I'll go down each point this person tries to make:
>Pokemon GO
This may be one of the few things I agree with this person with. The fact that GameFreak/Niantic is still going by generational releases into the game instead of more logical releases (ex. adding evolved forms of Pokemon already in the game first, adding shinies in gen II) as well as the fact that trading and actual batting is not a part of the game is infuriating, but I still do know people that play it that otherwise would not play any of the other games- and that in of itself doesn't kill a franchise, in fact, it makes it better. I don't like Pokemon GO but it's doing the opposite of killing Pokemon as a whole.
>strange apps
GameFreak has always done this in different forms since the early days. Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Snap, hell I would count Stadium and Stadium 2 for the minigames. Having apps/games that are Pokemon themed isn't crazy. I just choose not to play most.
>Free-to-Start games
This isn't just a problem with Pokemon. Don't pick your fight with the current state of the gaming industry with Pokemon when so many other devs do the same exact thing.
>The Same Game
It's a formula that works, and with Pokemon being a franchise directed towards a large crowd, this includes kids, and kids deserve to have a base Pokemon experience like we had when we first played.
>Enhanced Versions and remakes
I agree with this as well in terms of Enhanced versions, especially with USUM. But remakes are another thing. I have a cousin about 9 years old, and I wouldn't think he'd want to find a copy of Sapphire + a GBA just to experience Hoenn. Once again, this author forgets how long the series has gone on for.
>weird creatures
Very flawed argument. All Pokemon are fucking weird, get over it.
>strange spin-offs
Usually these spin-offs are very popular in Japan. I'm starting to think that the author of this article is a casual.
>>
File: 1493388694603.jpg (7KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493388694603.jpg
7KB, 250x228px
>>32974608
>clickbait article by shit "journalist"
move along
>>
>>32975526
con't
>expensive merchandise
Who'da thunk that you think $20 is expensive if you make clickbait articles for a living...
>poor business decisions
If only this guy waited another 3 weeks or so
>Lack of Effort
The author makes the same point as The Same Game argument, but adds in the fact that a company can rack in money, despite saying in the last point that they make poor business decisions. Which one is it then? Because if you get a profit at the end of the day, it's a good business decision. Also, this guy probably doesn't know what GIGA WRECKER is.
>poor amiibo support
What would you want them to do exactly then? The author gives no examples of what would be good amiibo support at all. Maybe release an amiibo functionality card with booster packs? Would you be able to get infinite gift Pokemon? Events in game? And even then, that's more of a general nintendo thing. GameFreak develops Pokemon, they might not have the ability to have amiibo.
>convoluted card game
As time goes on, metas change and things have to be adjusted. Also, don't compare cost when talking about Magic The Gathering. Jesus Christ, dude.
>The Anime
NEWSFLASH, THE ANIME WAS ALWAYS BAD. Once again, they bring Ash back to the same point because of other generations of kids watching. The best of the anime is generations and the Indigo League, but even then, Ash is a fucking idiot and a lot of bullshit happens.
>no console Pokemon
>what is Colosseum/Gale of Darkness
>says their side games when they are usually met very well among players
>doesn't listen to fans
Most of their fans either don't give a shit or are too young to communicate properly to them. Sure, we would all want some more transparency in our games, but the same can be said for everything. This point makes a little bit of sense though, GameFreak is trash at listening to even the most basic of things.
tl;dr: Joshua Olivieri is a fucking idiot
>>
>>32975639
I find it impressive that you can still play Colosseum/Gale of darkness and move your pokemon all the way to pokemon Sun/Moon, you can trade them to any GBA Gen III game and then migrate them to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver,
via palpark and then import them to Black / White, send them to the Pokemon Bank from there , DL them on pokemon XY, trade them to ORAS and send them back to pokemon Sun/Moon
>>
>>32975302
>unova isn't cannon
where the fuck did you get this from? your ass?
>>
He's not wrong.
>>
>>32975302
Can you be a little bit more discreet about shitposting please
>>
File: 1487022594268.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1487022594268.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>32975062
>audino
>shitting volcarona
fighte me fag
>>
>excessive merchandising
>Not enough amiibo for me to buy
>>
File: ed7.jpg (45KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
45KB, 596x628px
>The most original thing they’ve done again is Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32975302
no arguments to explain why it isn't canon. Yeah, okay.
>>
>>32974608
Pokemon in my eyes is one of the worst in terms of missed potential.
>>
>>32974608
Reminder that Sonic is still around.
>>
>>32974660
>if people like it, it must be good
>>
>>32977714
No shit, that's how we determine if something is good. You fucking dumbass
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.