[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After an unimpressive amount of research, I've decided that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: 4902183892.png (828KB, 896x1575px) Image search: [Google]
4902183892.png
828KB, 896x1575px
After an unimpressive amount of research, I've decided that this is a rough ranking of the starters' popularity. How did your favorite do.
>>
>>32974152
>Torterra in the lowest tier
Shit list.
>>
File: 312834212.png (60KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
312834212.png
60KB, 200x200px
ha ha it isn't there
Samurott should be with or right below Serperior, though.
>>
>>32974152
My top 5 starters are split as 2 in Upper-Mid, 3 in Lower-Mid. My bottom 5 are split as 1 in Upper-Mid, 1 in Lower-Mid, all of Bottom, and all of God.
>>
Also to clarify, I didn't put in the Alola starters because it's too early to tell for sure, but from what I've seen I predict Primarina will go in Upper-Mid, Decidueye in Mid Tier, and Incineroar will be in either Lower-Mid or Bottom Tier. Depends on whether it can beat out Meganium.
>>
>>32974242
I'll give a serious reply, I think Incineroar's best bet is Mid and worst Lower-Mid, and a lot of the hate is far more in memes than actual dislike by this point. Feels like it's being getting a slow uptick in popularity first with its in-game expressions and will get another via the movie exposure Ash-Zard shilling or not.
>>
>blaz, gren & zard on top
doesn't get any more pleb than this
>>
>>32974152
Mid
>>
>>32974191
fpbp
>>
>>32974152
This guy is right >>32974203, Samurott is actually really popular and should be up there with Serperior, like it or not.
>>
>>32974152
nah senpai.

Kanto-Sinnoh CLEARLY the best starters
Hoenn
Johto
Kalos
Unova
Alola

There is no way in fuck anybody could truly believe alola's are better than any others
>>
>>32974191
>>32974857
It says populairity, not which one is better.
>>
>>32974152
Can we do a more redpilled /vp/ version?
>>
>Emboar
>Bottom

He's verse and we all know it.
>>
>>32974931
Sounds like you want a /pol/ version.
What's /pol/'s favourite starter?
>>
File: 1495067564117[1].png (171KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495067564117[1].png
171KB, 400x400px
>>32975623
Mudkip
>>
>>32974152
Fuck Shillizard and Cuckninja.
>>
File: DA_20YnU0AIBdy8.png.png (532KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
DA_20YnU0AIBdy8.png.png
532KB, 1334x750px
>>32976279
>fuck Greninja
if you insist.
>>
>>32974191
>lowest bst of any starter
Its home now anon
>>
>>32974152
Blastoise should be in the high tier (even though I hate that ugly turtle). Infernape and Sceptile too since there were used by Ash in the anime and are very popular overall. Typhlosion should drop to Upper-mid tier as I don't believe it is as popular as the others I mentioned. The rest is pretty accurate.
>>
>>32974152
This list is shit by any measure.
>The fire rat is that high
lol
>>
>>32974191
I think it is an amazing design, but you can't deny that it is unpopular. Normies have garbage taste.
>>
>>32976971
Assuming OP based that list mostly on fan art, google results and similiar things, what you say is pretty much completely wrong.
>>
>>32976989
You're really overestimating what is probably a bait image.
If that image were actually accurate, there's no way Blastoise wouldn't be in the second highest tier, at least. I don't even like the fat fuck, but he's more popular that Typhlosion at the very least.
>>
>People in this thread spazzing out about placements
>People not realizing that it's a simple, and for the most part, accurate guess at which starters are the most popular to the general public, not how good/bad they are
>These are almost certainly the same people that cry about Smogon tiering
>>
>>32977000
I'm not sure about that, honestly. Blastoise isn't that popular anymore.
>>
>>32974152
ha torrterra on the bottom of the list, just wait for its mega evoultion if u know what MHU3 is then u can get a glimps of what it will be Spiral horns and everything mark my words here on July 9th 2017 12:11AM :P
>>
>>32974203
fpbp
>>
>>32974271
bara...
>>
>normies being the majority of the population
>shit taste at the top

wew lad real surprising here
>>
>>32974152
Switch Feraligatr wit Serperior and Infernape with Delphox.
>>
File: 1499552642914.png (842KB, 896x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1499552642914.png
842KB, 896x1575px
ftfy op
>>
>>32977710
>>32977978
OP ranked them based on popularity, not how much he liked them.
>>
> my bro ty is on high tier
Nice
>>
>>32977045
WTF I THINK THIS MIGHT BE REAL GUYS
SOURCE ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Gen 1: badass turtledog with waterguns, a literall tree frog and Dragonites heroin addict cousin.

Gen 2: Fire weasel, flower giraffe and a a recolored digimon

Gen 3+ Shit you see when you trip cough syrup and close your eyes.

It's kinda strange how almost all of the "best" pokemon in the series are bipedal.
>>
>>32978387
Agreed for almost everything, but I still like the regal penguin.
>>
>>32974152
this is bait, Serperior is only popular amongst fetishists and contrary to popular belief that's a small portion of the fanbase.

Infernape should be way higher too
>>
Typhlosion should be 2 tiers lower, Serperior 1 tier lower, Samurott 1 or 2 tiers higher.
Alolan Starters all in Mid.
>>
File: 1488778525453.jpg (693KB, 2656x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1488778525453.jpg
693KB, 2656x1512px
>>32974152
>>
>>32974152
Ok but Greninja was voted most populair pokemon, soI'd say he's the most popular starter as well.
>>
File: More accurate.png (780KB, 956x1575px) Image search: [Google]
More accurate.png
780KB, 956x1575px
>>32974152
I tried making your list more accurate, going by popularity. There are a few things I didn't understand and/or found wrong with your list.

Third, what exactly did you mean by popularity? Did you mean notability? I mean, sure, more people in general KNOW about Typhlosion and probably like it, because more people in general know about the first two generations. But do those people count, considering that they probably don't know anything about the majority of other starters? Or does this popularity reflect the current fanbase, the people who know about all of these and would pick among them? Because depending on that, Pokemon like Typhlosion might end up in low or high tier.

Second, is it the popularity only of the final form, or are all three forms considered? Because that changes the results dramatically. Some Pokemon, like Piplup and Oshawott, are FAR more popular than their final forms. Far more popular than most final forms in general, actually. Even Bulbasaur is more popular than Venusaur. So depending on that, all of these Pokemon would end up higher.I didn't understand what you were going for, so for this, I went with only final forms.

Third, it's clear you didn't research enough. You're giving /vp/'s opinions too much weight. For example, ranking Feraligatr in Mid tier. It's great, everyone on /vp/ loves it, but overall, it's not very popular. It's almost Emboar tier unpopular. Just that unlike Emboar, it doesn't get a lot of hate. Because it doesn't get a lot of attention in general. Not many care about it enough to hate it. Similarly, Samurott is actually a pretty popular Pokemon outside of /vp/. The most popular starter of his generation, actually.

In case you're wondering, the sources I used are the recent polls as well as the usage stats from Reddit we got a while ago.
>>
>>32979352
I don't think the Reddit poll is a reliable source, but I agree with your list more than OP's.
Just curious, how would you rate the entire line and not just final forms?
Also where do you think the Alola starters fit?
>>
File: 1498566277181.png (25KB, 1279x712px) Image search: [Google]
1498566277181.png
25KB, 1279x712px
>>32979352
Doesn't Serperior get insane amounts of fan art? It sucks in-game and apparently most people didn't use it at the time, sure, but the final stage clearly is one of the most popular ones. I think OP's list is overall more correct.
>>
>>32979385
Incineroar and Primarina= Bottom barrel garbage shit fuck off tier
Decidueye: God tier

Objective.
>>
>>32979385
Considering all of the forms would cause too many changes. For example, Snivy is more popular than Serperior, but Servine is really unpopular, even by middle form standards. So overall, it might see a drop. On the other hand, both Fennekin and Braixen are both more popular than Delphox, especially Fennekin, so this line would see a rise. Overall, though, that could take way too long to average out, especially if I'm going to take into consideration multiple polls, so I'll pass on it on it.

As for the Alolan starters, there's not really much data I can look at for them, and what I do have is actually pretty conflicting and confusing. For example, sales. The Rowlet line's strap thingy sold more than the rest, but the plush, well, we all know how that went. Then there's the Twitter polls, in one, Incineroar did absolute worst, but then there was one where Litten was second. You can argue that people like Litten, not Incineroar, but that is kind of hard to prove. You can also argue people voted Litten because they like Incineroar and that would be just as valid a claim.

So yeah, it's kind of conflicting and a mess. For now, the best I can GUESS is Primarina > Decidueye >> Incineroar for final forms.

>>32979387
I wouldn't exactly consider fan art reliable data. Take Gardevoir. It gets more fan art than Lucario and Blaziken, even Charizard. Is it more popular? I honestly doubt it. Even for human characters, take Moon. She has the second most fan art of everyone in SM. Do you think a nameless silent protagonist the majority doesn't care about is more popular than Gladion and Guzma? Fan art should never be used as a means to judge popularity.

As for Serperior's popularity, well, it did kind of skyrocket in the beginning. It was the one that got the least hate of the three. That changed later on, though. Serperior turned out useless in-game, and people who initially disliked Oshawott warmed up to it with the anime, after which even Samurott got more popular.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.