[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /vp/. it's time for being honest. Do you hate or love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: ash-greninja battle spot.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ash-greninja battle spot.png
72KB, 300x300px
So, /vp/. it's time for being honest.

Do you hate or love Ash-Greninja? give your reasons for why so.
>>
>>32972430
Personally I will never accept this shit as a Pokemon, or a form.

I have chosen to ignore it.
>>
>>32972430
I like the design but never used it before so I dont know
>>
>>32972430
I like it.

I don't even care if its supposed to resemble Ash, I just like the design itself.
>>
I don't like the design and I hate it conceptually lore-wise.
>>
>>32972430
Hate it all around, I'll take protean over it any day and it has no place in OU
>>
I like that I can use a female one in showdown.
>>
>>32972430
Overrated pokemon >>>/trash/
>>
>>32972430
What if I neither hate nor love it?
>>
>>32972430
I hate it. The black fuzz on its ears looks dumb as hell.
This would have been a much better design.
>>
File: 1496319539081.jpg (106KB, 788x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1496319539081.jpg
106KB, 788x1007px
>>32972532
And of course I forget the file like a fucking scrub...
>>
>>32972430
Big shuriken is cool. Everything else is terrible, design and implementation.
>>
Never used it but I hate the design and that it takes from Ash. I like normal Greninja a lot though
>>
Remember when everyone was saying this thing will turn out shit?
>>
>>32972430
I really don't have a problem with it. Greninja is ok, Ash greninja is ok. Not my favorite starter, but decent. Never understood all the shit it gets, it's basically greninja again with some extra red and black on its head and a big shuriken.
>>
>>32972430
Hate it

>>32972600
Cause everybody thought it would be locked to Hardy nature from the demo
>>
Love it.

Most of the hate comes from jealous phoxfags though so it doesn't matter
>>
>>32972642
Not true. I love Greninja's design. I want GF to be fair to it. I want it to have an awesome second form.
Which is why I fucking hate Ass Greninja. It's garbage, and Greninja doesn't deserve that.
>>
>>32972430
Design-wise, its pretty meh. It is literally just regular greninja with a shuriken on its back and ash's hair, for some reason. Its only reason to exist is to be shilled, that's pretty obvious for how little effort was put on its design yet how needlessly powerful it was made for the game.

Competitive-wise, it's a pain in the ass. Not only is it a boring offensive minmax that sins of giving even more speed to an already fast pokemon, but it also gets a special snowflake move that has an effective 60 BP with STAB, priority, and breaks sturdy, sub and sashes. People who use ashfrog will shove it in your face every single time there's a potential revenge kill or any of your mons is at even the slightlest low HP possible. And is not like I blame them for doing it, because that's ashfrog's only niche, predating on revenge kills. I just don't like playing against it, I don't find it fun.

Overall I just ignore it, there's nothing interesting about it.
>>
>>32972642
Nah. Greninja is one of my favorite Pokemon; it's got a real concept and I loved Froakie from the moment it was announced. The fact that they gave it an alternate form named after and fused with that shitstain from the anime is pretty insulting.

Also, it's a fucking frog with human hair.
>>
>>32972669
It's true, the fact you're a minority doesn't change the fact phoxfags and chesnaughtfags hate it cause they didn't get anything and because it is another great tool to its competitive dominance. Plain ad simple.

It's the same situation with Zard and its megas.
>>
normal gren is fine but ash gren is an abomination
>>
>>32972430
only the "ash" part
>>
>>32972430
I like the idea, not the realisation. Ash's hair on it looks ridiculous.
>>
>>32972856
This
It would could have been called Turbonigger-greninja I wouldn't have care and accepted it, but the fact that it's Ash-greninja, in a videogame who happends in a universe where ash don't exist is triggering my autism
>>
>>32972430
>burasto baan
Ash indeed.
>>
>>32972430
Shit concept, shit design, shit shilling.
>>
>>32972430
I don't just hate it, I DESPISE it for multiple reasons.

1: Its design. Its a fucking eyesore with its red spike thing on its head and its "hair".

2: The fact that it got so blatantly shilled by game freak to the point they and by extension the fans don't even act like the other two starters (Delphox and Chesnaught) even exist. In fact, I think game freak sabotaged Delphox's and Chesnaught's movepools, stats and HAs on purpose just so that people were FORCED to choose Greninja. How else do you explain the fact that Greninja, a water/dark type learns extrasensory NATURALLY to give it something to fight off fighting types with whereas Delphox, the fire/PSYCHIC pokemon, can't learn extrasensory in any capacity be it breeding or otherwise? Then Ash-Greninja happened, and Chesnaught and Delphox got literally NOTHING going into gen 7.

3: The fact that it was GRENINJA of all pokemon that got its battle bond form on Ash's team. Really? You give Greninja, a pokemon Ash was going to dump off as soon as he left Kalos the super power treatment based on "muh bonds" instead of a pokemon Ash has had literally since the beginning like Pikachu?

4: It was designed to be better than megas without having the LIMITS of megas. Not only does it not need a mega stone to achieve its Ash form, it has 10 more points overall in its stat spread than actual mega evolutions. Its the equivalent of when you were a kid playing superheroes with your friend and they'd just keep stacking superpowers on top of one another until you got fed up and left.

5: And my BIGGEST gripe with it is that it was basically a free pass for Ash at the pokemon league. He barely needed to strategize at all considering how he had this one overpowered pokemon that was statistically better than literally ANYTHING else in the tournament, and he was the only one who had access to this battle bond bullshit to begin with.

Hold on, ran out of space:
>>
Continuing on from >>32973098:

That's why I was so overjoyed when I heard (and eventually saw) Ash-Greninja eat it so fucking hard against Mega Charizard X: If Ash is to ever win a league, it should be through his own skill, determination and cunning. NOT some overhyped super special snowflake superpowered pokemon that is not only statistically better than anything else in the league, but something that he and only he has access to.
>>
>>32972430
It's pretty dumb. I like the idea of "get a KO to transform", but Ash-Greninja is stupid.
>>
>>32973098
>>32973122
mad bariumfags stay maxd
>>
>>32973098
Really good points.
I personally HATE how the in-game battle bond (mainly the activation) doesn't work ANYTHING like how it does in the anime.
I think it fails even as fan-service for the young audience who liked it.
>>
>>32972430
I am ambivalent toward it
>>
>>32972430
It's fine. I would have simply removed the "Ash" part of the name for the games and given Battle Bond to many more Pokemon--possibly all the starters. Because why the hell would only Greninja get it? Aside from pandering, that is.

Just having it as an alternate form like Zygarde has--Bond Forme, or something, I don't know--would have been better, but I don't mind the idea.
>>
>>32972430
Should've been a mega imo, or just remove the Ash part and name it Bond-Greninja
>>
>>32972906
>in a videogame who happends in a universe where ash don't exist
>he doesn't know
Steven literally references the anime at one point in ORAS.
"Hm.. You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I'm reminded of the Legendary Pokemon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his."
>>
File: 1469787459038.jpg (71KB, 370x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469787459038.jpg
71KB, 370x300px
How did we go from this
>>
File: 1376055101589.jpg (34KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1376055101589.jpg
34KB, 680x510px
TO THIS
>>
>>32973122
Not the same guy, but it doesn't help that, in a best-case scenario, it just needs to do 1HP's worth of damage to get into the form.
>>
>>32973098
>instead of a pokemon Ash has had literally since the beginning like Pikachu?
because even GF knows that pikachu is shit in competitive cucking raichu in the process
>>
>>32973176
this
>>
Hair does not compliment his design very well, and he could already make water shurikens, so i don't see why he needs one on his back.
>>
>autists hating AG because of the Ash part
It's pretty gay to be annoyed by a cartoon character to that extent. Then again, /vp/'s most vocal Anons are usually wrong about everything. Masuda could dump the entire plot to USM and provide a timestamp, and the vocal portion of /vp/ would call it fake.

As for my thoughts on AG, I prefer Protean Greninja, and I prefer regular Greninja's design as it reminds me of Strider. Don't really care for it other than it being the cause of sweet anal devastation to /vp/.
>>
>>32972642
>>32973098

Seems you were spot on anon, the level of butthurt is just astounding.
>>
>>32973098
On point 3, I think it's pretty funny how they made a big deal about the bond between Ash and Greninja. It's nothing special, it's just like any other relationship he has with his Pokemon. He probably bonded with Hawlucha more, if anything.

>>32973631
But is he wrong? Butthurt or not, he makes good points.
>>
The whole popularity thing aside (before people call me a contrarian shit), I just don't like it design wise and concept wise.

I'm not even a fan of Greninja, but I can still find it okay-ish for frog standards, even if it isn't what some would want as a final evolution. I find some of its fan art cute too. It's really just this one Bond design that basically ruined it for me.

Now pokemon need to have a special bond form to truly show they deeply care for their trainer. I don't completely loathe the idea, but I find it silly and unnecessary nonetheless and the fact that Ash got this special Greninja form no one else could have (they actually can get it throughout the demo thing, but the trainer will still be Ash) and it's just the cherry on top of a colossal cake of a mess.
>>
>>32973098
I agree on everything except extrasensory. Keep in mind that, for some obscure reason that only gf can fully understand (being that gf's train of thought is an enigma), extrasensory was originally the signature move of fucking nuzleaf of all things. It isn't a stretch for other dark types to have it.

Still, I agree that greninja's wide coverage in comparison to the other 2 kalos starters and access to protean, which strongly surpasses magician and bulletproof in usability, is more the result of gf's shilling agenda rather than naturally imposing needs based on design. Otherwise, greninja gets moves that MANY mons need before it. Why gunk shot, when mons like scrafty don't get it? spikes and toxic spikes? rock TMs? 2 signature moves? sure why the fuck not.

And don't get me started on protean. Even stunfisk is more fitting for protean than greninja. If it wasn't shilled, a gen before it would have gotten something like hydration, and on its own gen, it should have gotten a new ability like the other starters.
>>
>>32972430
Love it had a cool theme song and the water effects in the anime looked cool.

But on some level I hate because it gave me false hope and got released meaning the whole thing was pointless.
>>
File: [baby cries even louder].gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
[baby cries even louder].gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>32972430
>reasons for why so.
OP, have you ever gone as to far what decide yes?
>>
>>32972430

It was fine until they brought it into the games.

Ash-Greninja was clearly the anime's way of depicting Greninja's Protean ability; as STAB isn't a visual thing and not really a commonly mentioned mechanic in the anime, instead they just went with a physical transformation showing Greninja's bond with Ash.

This then caused an awkward feedback loop into the games, where now the games wanted to included Ash-Greninja even though Protean doesn't work that way in the games, so they created a new non-Protean ability for it. It's weird.
>>
File: 33p50nn.png (939KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
33p50nn.png
939KB, 1280x720px
>>32973098
>>32973122
I agree. I always felt the Anime staff was trying to make Greninja an Infernape 2.0 but without anything of what made Infernape likeable. Not to mention the reason Ash got Greninja was because Greninja was an ass to his first trainer for no apparent reason. Im glad that Pokemon is gone for good and thank god Ash didnt won the Kalos League
>>
>>32974430
>Ash-Greninja was clearly the anime's way of depicting Greninja's Protean ability
What? No, its form was explicitly stated to be a special snowflake transformation that came from the bond it shared with Ash. That's why it looks like him, and why they can see through each other's eyes.
>>
>>32974482
Well, Infernape was shit too, so the similarity to its arc explains some of the flaws with Greninja.
>>
>>32974613
This has to be abit
>>
>>32973098
>>3: The fact that it was GRENINJA of all pokemon that got its battle bond form on Ash's team. Really? You give Greninja, a pokemon Ash was going to dump off as soon as he left Kalos the super power treatment based on "muh bonds" instead of a pokemon Ash has had literally since the beginning like Pikachu?

Find any better way to give Ash, who can't get megaring for obvious reasons, a way to survive in powercrept league full of megafaggots.

At least he wasn't first to have memefrog, even tho whole battle bond lore is bigger dropped ball than GS ball, AND it could be taken as proto-megaevolution without much stretching.
>>
>>32972600
It did, in the anime :^)
>>
>>32973098
>hurr why not pikachu
Because he's had it for 20 fucking years, and despite having a strong bond with it, it has never showed off this ability, even though there has been countless times where it would've been useful. There's literally no way to give pikachu a new form without it sounding like a giant fucking asspull.
>>
>>32972430
I really irrationally love Ash-Greninja.
>>
>>32973098
You forgot its completely head-up-ass retarded implementation in the game. It's not a new mechanic, it doesn't even synch with your trainer, it's just an inexplicably unique ability for one conventional Pokemon species and every trainer turns into Ash apparently. It works absolutely nothing like in the show which begs the question of why it exists in the first place.
>>
>>32972430
I like greninja and even though I don't like how Ash-Greninja looks I like how his pose changes
>>
>>32975160
>There's literally no way to give pikachu a new form without it sounding like a giant fucking asspull
>Implying giving Greninja that treatment isn't a giant fucking asspull itself
>>
>>32975610
I didn't imply that at all. Ash-Greninja might be an asspull, but Ash getting a Froakie with a rare ability is nowhere near the level of asspullery as Pikachu somehow pulling an unexplained form out its ass after 20 years.
>>
>>32975782
They could have just said that their bond wasn't as strong as it was now, and that they finally reached the pinnacle of their relationship.

Or maybe just say that Pikachu just needed a special item to pseduo-Mega Evolve, or that it needed to drink water from the Sacred Spring of Plot Bullshit.
>>
>>32975782
They're both of equal retardedness. The creator himself even said that it was just something they thought of on the spot to give Greninja something on par with Mega's in order to have a more epic showdown where Ash just eats shit and loses again like always.

The whole thing is the most retarded shit in the world.
>>
>>32972430
Fun to use. A nightmare to fight.
>>
>>32972430
It ruined its reputation for me since it jobbed and it's related to modern day cuckold Ash.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.