[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't approve of Sound, Cosmic and Light types, but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Fan Types.jpg (2MB, 5240x4784px) Image search: [Google]
Fan Types.jpg
2MB, 5240x4784px
I don't approve of Sound, Cosmic and Light types, but I combed through the roster anyway, just to see.
>>
>>32965323
why more types, WHYYYYYYY
>>
>>32965323
on a scale of 1 to 10 how bored were you
>>
>>32965323
why is every fanmade type either redundant or nonsensical?
>>
>>32965323
It's crazy that Cosmic and Sound especially have way more pre-existing mons than Fairy had converted to it.

On an unrelated note, I'm adamant that gf made Noibat, Noivern, and to a lesser extent Primarina, just to try and make Sound seem less plausible.
>>
>>32965323
Seismitoad
>>
>>32965323
Psychic exists why do we need light? And there's not enough pokémon to be sound. You can't just make ninjask or mismagius sound.
>>
>>32965724
Ninjask no, Mismagius yes. They retconned fewer mons into Fairy than you can into Sound.
>>
>>32965724
Mismagius is a banshee
>>
>>32965323
>mega evolving rayquaza makes him lose STAB on dragon ascent
brilliant
>>
File: Excuse me.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
What the fuck is a "cosmic type"
>>
>>32965323
Your Cosmic type choices make the most sense, but the Teddiursa line, Siglyph, and Starmie are a bit out of place. Otherwise these are all mons with a space theme to them, so they work.

You seem a bit confused with the Light type. Some of your choices seem to be more conceptual light, being purity or goodness, like the Chanseys or Lilligant, and with others it's that they literally, physically would emit light or are connected with it, like Volbeat or Lanturn. Your picks aren't bad, but some of them don't match up.

Things kind of break down for Sound type. The obvious ones, like Exploud, Kricketune, and Meloetta are natural, but what's the Poli-line doing here? Or Pyroar? What kind of sound does a mexican cactus make? It seems like you tried to fill out the ranks with anything that might, possibly, make a distinctive noise, but it just looks bizarre.

Overall, I rate this as a decent time killer/10, which is probably what you were going for, so thanks for that.
>>
File: zbe7snd1tx0gcyo1_500.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zbe7snd1tx0gcyo1_500.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
As someone who has always liked Misdreavus and Mismagius I would support a type shift it meant some kind of buff. I'm a bit surprised Mismagius didn't gain Fairy in gen 6. Hypothetically, Sound would work--especially with Mismagius having traits of a Banshee.

As for the greay area ones: Bronzong would definitely need to be sound too.

I really don't care for these three fan types. Especially Light. It's such a nebulous category. DO we define light as actual light or an idea of light as pure?

I think, before GF adds any new types, they need to rework the type chart as it is. There is so much imbalance.

All of these could all theoretically work as sub-types too. There was a thread on this board ages ago about how a sub-type mechanic could possible work. I don't remember the specifics but I remember Sound was (like it basically is now) a sub type to normal, Cosmic to Psychic, and Light to electric if it means actual light or maybe Fairy it's a purity thing. Pretty sure someone else suggested the Gem moves in rock be something too. It was a while ago and I don't remember. I think the Anon that came up with the idea proposed some kind of extra damage multiplier, albeit it small, for these kinds of things.
>>
>>32965323
Hi OP, I respect your opinion based on your effort and accurate image.

What are the type matchup for Sound, Cosmic, and Light types?

Do they have any special abilities?
>>
>>32965323
Wasn't Sound Type ever being a thing null when they announced Noivern?
>>
>>32965966
Exploud should have disqualified it years before.
>>
>>32965652
Fairy had dozens of Pokémon that fit the type but weren't changed.
>>
>>32965323
>Light type
Fire, Electric, and Grass types represent this while also covering secondary elements

>Sound
This is the dumbest type idea I've ever heard. There's only like two Pokémon that even

>Cosmic
Psychic types

/thread
>>
Sound could actually make sense as an attack type but not a defensive type.

Like what, physically, sets Exploud apart from a Normal type? For example, Golem is a Rock type because it's physically made of rock, which determines how other attacks affect it. What's physically different about a Sound type? That they're more acoustically designed?

That said I could see that being a future gimmick: types that are exclusively offensive or defensive. For example there are Sound type attacks but not Sound type Pokémon, though maybe certain Pokémon such as Exploud could have abilities that let them get STAB from Sound type moves.
>>
>>32965609

>>32965634
GF has a done a pretty good job of creating types that cover just about all thematic elements....of the ones that work for creature design anyway.

>>32965652
Agreed. Well....Noivern was probably already designed, but they totally showed it off early to the public to let people know Sound types wasn't gonna happen.

>>32965722
Was gonna put it in, before I thought about it. See, Seismatoad is based on Tesla's Oscillator -- the idea that vibrating an object at its "resonance frequency" will cause horrific damage. So much so, that a tiny vibrating device can cause earthquakes, if applied right.

Seismatoad doesn't really have anything to do with making loud noise. It's whole gimmick is vibration. It also lives in the mud, so that Ground type is really irreplaceable on it.

>>32965724
>>32965764
I know Ninjask specifically isn't much related to sound, but if you'd ever seen a cicada swarm in real life, you'd instantly understand why it should maybe be Sound. They're very, very loud and very well known for it. I dunno, I thought it made sense.

>>32965777
They could just change the move type to Dragon you know.

>>32965780
Who knows?

>>32965841
Ooh, lots to unpack with this one.

>Teddiursa line, Siglyph, and Starmie are a bit out of place. Otherwise these are all mons with a space theme to them, so they work.

Well Starmie most definitely is not. It's FROM space, like half its entries talk about its relation to space. Plus y'know, it's supposed to be a fusion of the concept of a sea star and an actual star.
Sigilyph fair enough. It's based on those Nazca lines though, which are space-related. I would argue it's not like Psychic fits much better.
JHKTUKYILYILHRTJRYJK

>You seem a bit confused with the Light type.

Oh yeah, definitely. I had no idea whether to include mons that don't produce light but are "pure", so I chucked a bunch of them in the grey area.
>>
>what's the Poli-line doing here? Or Pyroar? What kind of sound does a mexican cactus make?

Those all are justifiable, actually. Poltoed is a loud, croaking frog, and the dex talks about making noise quite a bit. It get Hyper Voice, etc. It's one of the best canddated for Sound IMO.

Like cicadas, if you'd ever seen a lion in real life, you'd get it. The sound of their voice is well-respected. Just them roaring at you will knock you off your fee, which is why Pyroar gets Echoed Voice and Hyper Voice, and you seem to have overlooked that it's named PyROAR.

Maractus is a mexican cactus, mixed with a pair of maracas. Sure, maracas aren't very loud, but if half of your design is literally a musical instrument, I feel like you have to be Sound. It's also a dancing cactus that loves music. It would make it more relevant, and I think it fits regardless.

>>32965922
>Bronzong would definitely need to be sound too

I was thinking Cosmic because it's based on some weird Japanese story and apparently open portals to another dimension or....something. Sound because it's a bell of course, but did you know Bronzong doesn't even get Heal Bell? Frankly ridiculous.

I like the sub-types idea. Pokémon is becoming overdue for a completely overhauled type system.

>>32965956
Aw. Sorry, I didn't spend time thinking about that. I was going to, but just decided not to bother.

Ice should resist Light, and I think Sound too. Snow absorbs sound very efficiently, though pure ice can be shattered by sound waves like glass. I'd give it to it though, since it just needs the resist.

Logically Steel should resist Light.There's a reason why most metals are grey, and have a metallic shine; they interact with light oddly. I'd rather NOT give steel a resist though....

Oh, and Grass. It should most definitely be immune to Light. And probably resist Sound, too. I'm not sure why, that just makes intrinsic sense to me. Erm, talking to plants makes them grow? I dunno, that's all I'm good for.
>>
>>32965841

>JHKTUKYILYILHRTJRYJK

Oh wow, ha, sorry. I was supposed to edit my argument in there and forgot.

Well Terrdiursa and Ursaring are based on the constellations Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, which is why they have moon marking on their bodies.
Admittedly that's weak, but they do have a notable connection to space. To be honest, I hope for a regional form that plays up space theme. Perhaps a black bear.
>>
I know its typical /vp/ fashion to call these types bullshit, but I'd be totally okay with them being added. Specifically Light and Cosmic. Its a hell of a lot better than Fairy.
>>
>>32966315
I've never actually used Starmie so I'm not that familiar with it, but I see your point now that you've mentioned it. I still think Sigilyph seems more ancient-civilization themed than space themed, but I will admit that it's only really Psychic because the devs wanted it to be. If I'd never seen it before, I'd have guessed Ghost type.

>>32966319
Sound seems like a really specific type to me, which is why I felt your choices were a little weird. I get your reasoning, especially when they learn the Voice moves, but it just doesn't feel like it's a big enough part of the theme for it to be worth a second typing. That said, I think I agree with you on Maractus now that you've explained it, but I think it would need more sound based moves to make it worth it. Plausible though.

>>32966418
I was wondering about that. I thought maybe I had just REALLY fallen behind on chat acronyms, because holy crap man.

And I did understand about the constellation thing, but the 'Ursas are just such perfect examples of normal types that it would seem weird to change them. I would absolutely be down with a form change though, Ursaring is awesome and it deserves some love.
>>
File: 8tq6T6g.jpg (24KB, 363x296px) Image search: [Google]
8tq6T6g.jpg
24KB, 363x296px
Maybe make a few new types, but only for attacks and not for Pokemon typings.
>>
>>32965997
Well, they changed Clefairy's type.

They could swap Normal for Sound on Exploud.

With Noivern, there really isn't a lot of room for it. Remove Flying when it's its primary type and it's one of three primary-flying mons, or remove Drsgon and its... y'know, only other identifying feature, and one that is part of its identity. Doesn't really work, unlike Exploud.
>>
>>32965323
>Cresselia not being on any of these lists when she could easily fit on two of them
>>
This is the stupidest shit ever. Every type we currently have is it. No more types, ever.
>>
>>32967692
....that's rather silly, isn't it? People said that in gens 3 - 5 as well, you know.
>>
>>32965323
They should have given us these types as well as Fairy earlier in the franchise desu. That way there wouldn't be any problems adding them and people would stop asking for them all the time. And I mean, Sound and Cosmic is a fucking given with the roster we have. Everybody wins.

Light in Gen 2, Ho-Oh becomes Light/Flying (so it's no longer a copy of Moltres)
Cosmic and Fairy in Gen 3 (the pixies vs. the gods)
Sound literally whenever, they all fit it.
>>
>>32968319
Typo: meant Gen 4 instead of Gen 3
>>
>>32967506
Gamefreak have time and time again shown that they don't care about the Flying type enough to value it over other secondary types. So changing it to Sound/Dragon really wouldn't be out of the question for them.
>>
"Cosmic" is shitty because it doesn't actually mean anything. Light and Sound are just unnecessary.
>>
I honestly just want more types for the sake of making the games more realistic and make the type chart feel "complete". There's a fucking reason why people keep bitching about Sound and Cosmic all the time, it's because they fit and there's more than perfect room for them. Running through the dex, we actually have MORE Pokémon that would be retyped to Sound- and Cosmic types than there were for Fairy types.

Honestly, I personally wouldn't mind more types. It's just extra content which I definitely don't have a problem with. Heck I would even LOVE it if they threw a curveball and added types that were MEANT to be scarce and rare. Like a Mushroom type or a Gem type. It would make the Pokémon world feel more realistic and complete.
>>
>>32968365
>Cosmic doesn't make sense
In which freaking way? Seems pretty obvious to me.

>Sound is unnecessary
Say that to the 30+ Pokémon who are just screaming to be Sound type
>>
>>32965323
I actually really want a sound-type for some reason
>>
>>32968396
>In which freaking way? Seems pretty obvious to me.
Things don't have different physical properties just because they're extraterrestrial.

>Say that to the 30+ Pokémon who are just screaming to be Sound type
Yeah let's have a "Bite" type just because there are a bunch of Pokemon that have focus on biting moves.

Sound already works perfectly fine as a move property.
>>
>>32968435
>"Yeah let's have a "Bite" type just because there are a bunch of Pokemon that have focus on biting moves."
>Being this retarded
>>
>>32968384
This.

Remember how the Dragon type used to be rare and unique in Gen 1-3, with there only being a single Dragon type evolutionary line per generation and a single Legendary? I want this to come back. Sign me up for "Gem type" or "Fungus type" or whatever.
>>
>>32968458
>>Being this retarded

It's not any more or less retarded than the shit Soundfags keep flinging to make their type sound like a good idea when it's not.
>>
>>32967010
Sound basically has this already since there's a whole group of moves classified as "sound-based." That's they way it should stay.

>>32968319
But Ho-oh is LITERALLY a phoenix, a mythological bird associated with fire.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.