[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The following changes are made to Generation 1 games before release.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

The following changes are made to Generation 1 games before release.
>Bug resists Psychic
>All Bug type Pokemon gain access to a 75 base power Bug type attack.
>The Ghost type bug is corrected, and Ghost hits Psychic for SE damage as it should.
>Gengar and Hypno now gain access to a 90 base power Ghost type attack.
>Farfetch'd is replaced by a Ghost/Bug Pokemon with decent stats.
>Lickitung is replaced by a Bug/Ice Pokemon with decent stats.
Are Psychic types still overpowered? Do we still see the Psychic nerf in Gen II? How would the Gen I meta change?
>>
Why replace my man Lickitung like that? What did it ever do to you?
>>
Why replace my man DUX like that? What did it ever do to you?
>>
>>32962647
It isn't that useful, even in Gen I.
If it makes you feel better, replace Lickitung or Farfetch'd with any underpowered and irrelevant Gen I mon.
>>
>>32962655
>>32962647
lickitung and farfetch'd were awful then and still awful
>>
>>32962673
Farfetch'd is pretty clearly just for a Fly and Cut mon. It wasn't even the best at that, but if you're wasting half your moves on HMs you might as well have a garbage Pokemon do it.
>>
Half of your changes are things they introduced in Gen 2, so the only things they would implement to further nerf Psychic would be Dark and Steel.

And I still think they'd include those.

Regardless, the Gen 1 meta was NOT Psychic everywhere. Yeah there are plenty of strong Psychics, but Normal was by far the most commonly used.
>>
Now the normal types have even less checks. Good job.
>>
>>32962709
I think that was more a product of everything having shitty movepools, but also everything could learn double-edge and body slam than any type balance.

As far as OU mons go, psychic and water were far more populous than normal types
>>
>>32962688
It sounds bad with only 65 base attack, but keep in mind that it's vs. things like 55/45 or 65/35 physical bulk a good majority of the time. There aren't really any Psychic types outside of legendary Pokemon and Slowbro that can really tank physical hits all that well.

>>32962709
Normal was incredibly useful, but that's really mostly because Tauros was so good, and Hyper Beam in general was busted. That still doesn't undercut the fact that a good chunk of the relevant meta was psychic type, thanks to the fact that the typing had no real downsides to it. And Normal actually had pretty good checks back then, thanks to bulky Rock types being decent choices back in the day.
>>
>>32962718
>Psychic no longer goes unchecked.
>Fighting is now usable
>Normal now has to worry about its weakness getting exploited
Just give Fighting a good STAB and they're good to go.
>>
>>32962725
>thanks to bulky Rock types being decent choices back in the day.
You mean Rhydon and Golem being good. None of the other rock types were used.
>>
>>32962722
It should be noted though that the only Water types that really saw use were also Psychic, excluding Cloyster.
I would say the two most popular types back then may have actually been Psychic and Ice, as Blizzard spam was very potent in Gen I.
>>
>>32962752
lapras
>>
>>32962761
Funny enough, another Water/Ice.
They might be relevant more because of how good Ice was than how good Water was.
>>
>>32962800
Articuno wasn't ou, though and it had the strongest blizzard in the game.
Dewgong either for that matter.
>>
>>32962823
Dewgong is basically just a shitty Lapras overall though.
>>
>>32962823
It was still usable in OU, which is more than what you can say for, say, Moltres. It really just suffered from eh speed and moveset, which combined with its poor bulk and typing for tanking things prevents it from being a truly good offensive mon like other Ice types.
Dewgong was just a worse Lapras.
>>
>>32962823
Articuno most definitely was OU. So few people play RBY OU these days that the tier list fluctuates a lot based on the preferences of the current players. A lot of Pokemon like Kinger, Persian, Victreebel, Aricuno, and even Dodrio were once mainstays in OU, while Cloyster suddenly started seeing loads of use a few years back.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.