[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For some reason, I've always hated it when completely random

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5745.jpg (575KB, 2419x1326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5745.jpg
575KB, 2419x1326px
For some reason, I've always hated it when completely random trainers have legendaries. Anyone else feel the same way?
>>
If we did it I dont see how youngster Joey couldnt have
>>
>>32961867
If some random 10-year-old can catch it, why not anyone else?
>>
>>32961867
Yes, OP. You are the only one out of millions of Pokemon player that feel that way.
>>
File: fb4[1].jpg (229KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
fb4[1].jpg
229KB, 720x720px
no because I'm not an autist

if I'm able to catch legendaries other people should be able to catch them too.
>>
It bothers me somewhat, but it shouldn't really.

The only reason I think it makes me feel like that is because I've always felt using legendaries is kind of cheap, so an NPC having one feels like cheating.
>>
>>32961867
I've always hated it. Not only are most Legendary Pokémon one-of-a-kind, but how many of them are even canonically captured, ever? Like, 5 total.
>>
>>32961867
Only if it's a unique legendary. Otherwise I don't give a fuck.
>>
Not at all, it would bug me more if only the Protagonist could have legendaries. They don't need that distinction.
>>
>>32961867
>the player character isn't just another random trainer
>>
File: 1420229574237.jpg (90KB, 638x473px) Image search: [Google]
1420229574237.jpg
90KB, 638x473px
>>32961867
>>
>>32961920
Why was Ghetsis so redpilled?
>>
I like it
>>
>>32961867
I agree, I don't like the prospect of normal people holding legends.
>>
No, I did get annoyed seeing Jirachi in Mt.Battle though.
>>
>>32961920
Ghetsis continues to be nest villain. You can call them deities, but at the end of the day, they still are pokemon
>but they are one of a kind
Ever heard of poachers? Or treasure hunters?
>>
>>32962736
*best
Fuck
>>
>>32961908
Same here
>>
>>32961867
It depends, shit like Suicune, Lati@s and maybe even Darkrai and shit are ok.
Stuff that's almost certainly supposed to be one of a kind like box legends, nope. Unless of course there's some sort of plot involved like N catching the Tao counterpart.
>>
Emerald's Battle Frontier was what started my triggering in the matter.
You're just minding your own business with usually your normal-ass team, and then a dude on the pyramid sends out the three golems that supposedly fucked shit up in ancient times, all three of which have a good chance of already being caught by the player at that point.
Ever since, it's happened at just abouy every battle facility. Dudes with the legendary Kanto birds just casually send them out in the Battle Tower. The Lati@s I can believe because it is stated after all they fly in flocks, it just so happens you only encounter one per game for whatever reason.
Gamefreak can't even follow through with their dumb friendship morals and "appreciat ur pokemen guise" when they use legendaries as fodder in battle facilities as a difficulty setting, if you could call it that.
>>
>>32961920
And this is why Ghetsis is the best fucking villain, he gives 0 fucks.

A Pokémon is just a Pokémon and no amount of lore will change that.
>>
>>32967004
The Regis have an out for having multples of them, being apparently robot-golems
>>
>>32967004

Battle facility opponents aren't fully canon. There isn't an infinite source of 8 year olds stronger then the regional champ.

There's a reason Anabel doesn't use legendaries in her story team.
>>
>>32967040
Hold on, are there supposed to be several of them? Mind you, I'm not considering the multiple universes thing because that would be too easy, but I was under the understanding that the Regis were unique in a single universe.

>>32967071
I like to think it's an in-universe simulation, but that kinda spoils the fact you have to bring your own "real" Pokémon trained on the outside.
It just rubs me the wrong way that youngsters are running around with Johto beasts and weather-controlling birds, so I prefer to imagine it's just simulated battles. It doesn't really make any sense from any other way you see it from, nigh of discarding it as non-canon.
I'm spouting autism, please be patient.
>>
in places like the battle tree, no
the point is that its challenging from a battling stand point and theres no cannon

in any story context, it bothers me
I am the mary sue super special snowflake trainer, so no one else can catch the legendaries other than me
>>
>>32967004
To be fair, it's confirmed there are multiples of a lot of those due to events.

There are Regis in Sinnoh and Unova.
Birds in Sinnoh and Kalos
Lati@s in Kanto

The only things that there are canon only 1 of are stuff on the Battle Tree restricted list.
>>
>>32967221

That and the lake faries are a one per timeline deal. That's why even facility leaders didn't use them until the tree.
>>
>>32967162

>>32967221 mentions it here.

There's also another Lake Trio in Unova, Cresselia in Unova, Johto Beasts in Kanto, and another Mewtwo in Kalos. Also, another Lugia, Ho-oh, and Celebi in Orre, if you consider Colosseum/XD canon.
>>
>>32967221
Phione obviously not included, but still restricted to the 1 trainer

Point is, restricted commodity. Not just incredibly rare, requires an egregious amount of work to obtain, or refuses to breed in captivity. Literally impossible to acquire more, ergo unfair in a competitive sense, thus banned. A pokemon is only "fair" if it's /technically/ available to everyone.
>>
>>32967282
The Mewtwo falls under>>32967287. You would have to illegally clone a third. Same for Genesect, even though we've only seen 1.

The rest (not counting Orre) are Tree legal.
>>
>>32967319
There's also another Lugia and Ho-oh in the Sevii Islands (Navel Rock), meaning, ignoring Orre, there's still two of each. And another Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in Johto (Embedded Tower).
>>
>>32967282
I always imagined all recurring legendaries just happened to be set free for reasons by their respective original MC trainer, or were never truly "caught" by them.
I have trouble believing the lake trio, who supposedly created emotions and knowledge in mankind, has more members in their species than just the one unique trio, but in all fairness that's my own logic (and by extent, headcanon).
Lugia I can believe because there was a little Lugia and an egg in one of the movies I think, so I assumed in games it was limited to one for balance reasons, and I can only assume from that that Ho-Oh would be no different. Same applies for Lati@s.
It's just the more powerful legendaries that I can't suspend my disbelief for. For all I know the Johto beast in Kanto just happened to stroll there at the time, so it's not necessarily another one. For all I know the Hoenn trio was set free after the crysis was over.
It's all just a huge grey zone really. There are so many possibilities that talking about canons is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>32967507
So if Ho-oh can create the Johto Beasts, why couldn't another Ho-oh create another batch? That would explain why there are more of them. And it could be that the Lake Trio created the mind collectively as species, instead of individual beings.
>>
File: 1402644241897.jpg (16KB, 192x169px) Image search: [Google]
1402644241897.jpg
16KB, 192x169px
>people still think any of the legendaries/mythicals are one of a kind
>people still ignore things explicitly said/shown in the games and pretend they're not canon just because they don't like it
>>
>>32967543
Or in the case of the Trio, that all of that species share a mind.

I mean, there certainly seems to be something similar with the Unown and Arceues's "Thousand Arms."

Speaking of which, we've seen in the game that pairing will a new egg into being.
It might not even be unreasonable to assume ALL pokemon eggs occur as similar acts of alchemical abiogenesis. It would certainly explain why the daycare couple have no idea where they come from.
>>
>>32967591
This shit is getting too meta.
Can we just leave it an non-canon convenience?
>>
>>32967606
I mean, tree/maison does magically drop everything's level to 50, so that's all probably a simulation or something. Would explain the field background. And we know battle sims exist in universe, so it's possible.

There would be no reason as to why they would force you to only use pokemon you yourself owned.

It also doesn't explain Battle Subway and Tower and things, where they had to stop and actually heal your mon.
>>
>>32967642
inverse battles are for sure sims, right?
>>
>>32967642

You're over thinking it. It's like that because GF wants a competiveish mode available in game. That's the extent of their thought process. The weird parts are just plot/gameplay segregation.
>>
>>32967659
"because gf wants it that way" applies to literally everything about the game.
I hate your type.

We're talking about in-universe explanations here.
>>
>>32967685

There isn't one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation
>>
File: e45[1].png (438KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
e45[1].png
438KB, 720x528px
>>32967685
Battle Facilities have existed in the anime as well.
>>
>>32967659
So pretty much non-canon convenience then.
Imagine if legendaries weren't available outside of their original games because the very existence of them out of those games would contradict the continuity.
That would make it more believable, sure, but what pain in the asscrack it would be to manage transfers, Pokedex completion and stats over the span of a single game for the sake of continuity.
It's just QOL things that aren't meant to be taken seriously. It's necessity over canon.
>>
File: 62264977_p47.png (581KB, 600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
62264977_p47.png
581KB, 600x1050px
The same reason it seems there's multiple of every legendary is the same reason you find supposedly one-of-a-kind items in every game.
>>
>>32967710
okay, but levels don't exist in the anime and none of them used legendary pokemon. They were just normal gym battles with occasionally wacky rules.
So that's irrelevant.
>>
File: Brandon_Regirock[1].png (861KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon_Regirock[1].png
861KB, 1280x720px
>>32967818
1. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Level#In_the_anime
2. pic related.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.