[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Gen 7 Starter wars in general are the most embarrassing shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: OUTRAGOUS.jpg (20KB, 538x376px) Image search: [Google]
OUTRAGOUS.jpg
20KB, 538x376px
The Gen 7 Starter wars in general are the most embarrassing shit i've seen on this board.

Were other gens starters were this bad?
>>
File: greninja_by_bluekomadori-d81gctb.jpg (177KB, 1600x1044px) Image search: [Google]
greninja_by_bluekomadori-d81gctb.jpg
177KB, 1600x1044px
>>32956948
>Were other gens starters were this bad?
Obviously not, but that's because Chesnaught and Delphox were complete shit compared to the god that is Greninja.
>>
>that question
>being this new
Although I'll throw you a bone and answer. No.
>>
It's because ever since the SM hype season, a bunch of underage flooded the board and now they won't leave. Nobody else gives a shit.
>>
>people making starterwar threads
>people making threads about starterwar threads
I want the raid to happen soon
>>
>>32956948
starter wars never existed until greninja fags shoved their shit in everyone's faces and then megas made charizard relevant
>>
>>32957112
>starter wars never existed until greninja fags shoved their shit in everyone's faces
What? That's not true at all. Chesnaughtfags attacked Greninja constantly, forcing us on the defensive.
>>
I wasn't on /vp/ during Generation V's heyday, but I don't remember X/Y's starter war arguments here being this relentless and stupid.
>>
No one who actually gives a shit about the starters really post in the startwar threads. Its literally just people just trying to stir shit up.

People who pop up saying they are owlbros shitting on Incineroar or the other way around most likely dont care for either.

I cant think of anyone who would want to actively shitpost with a pokemon they like so much to the point of being unable to have a thread about it. I liked Goodra back in 6th gen but because of all the shit posting about Goodra, its hard to have a serious thread about it.
>>
>>32957140
This. The only problem were Chesnaughtfags constantly attacking us Frogbros and invading our threads for no reason.
>>
XY's was pretty bad.
Chespinfags were constantly shit flinging on both starters. I still remember the day the mid evolutions were revealed.
Literal of day silence at the response of Quilladin, meanwhile Frogadier and Braixen were absolutely loved.
>>
>>32956960
Still of the opinion delphox and chesnaught were designed to be ugly so more people would pick greninja and it'd be easier to shill.
Maybe it's just anger that they manged to screw up a glyptodon.
I also liked froakie from day one, though, so there's a bit of a bias, but you can't seriously tell me with a straight face that greninja isn't the most popular Kalos starter.
>>
>>32956960
Actually gen 6's starters were pretty based. A bit more humanoid than I like, but my favorite trio overall, with me liking all of their designs every stage.
>>
File: 1497987811907.jpg (193KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497987811907.jpg
193KB, 1000x750px
>>32957368
I was just baiting.
>>
>>32957383
>Actually gen 6's starters were pretty based
Disgusting shit taste. Only Greninja is acceptable.
>>
>>32957393
>based doedicurus knight
>cool and reasonably edgy ninja frog
>interesting non-fire-fighting wizard dog
Looks pretty good to me. Greninja is my fav, but I like all three. Better than gen V and gen 7's starters (which happen to be my two favorite gens, if you're wondering.)
>>
>>32957385
Who tf drew this i love it
>>
File: 1464880827750.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1464880827750.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>32956948
Ash-Greninja ruined any chance of civil discussion of Gen 7 starters
>my favorite's the next Greninja!
>no yours is shit you xfag, mine is the next Greninja!
>repeat ad naseum
>>
>>32957406
Gen 6 and 7 bith had alot of cool designs. Gen 6 probably has the highest percentage of good designs.
>>
Kalos had pretty rabid starter wars in hype season but it didn't take long for it to cool down besides in your face smug superiority when Greninja in Smash and Ash-Greninja happened. Unova it was more "are any of the starters even good" wars.

/vp/ wasn't around for most of Gen IV and I wasn't on /v/ for most of it either, but the boards I went to back when Sinnoh hype started were pretty heavily Piplup biased. Things plateaued out with the other two getting more fans around release, but from what I recall people didn't really talk much about the starters after release on either the old boards I went to or the last year or two of Gen IV I was here for.
>>
File: 1429763777920.gif (1MB, 240x162px) Image search: [Google]
1429763777920.gif
1MB, 240x162px
>>32956948
As someone that has been in this board since inception, i can safely say this is the most polarizingly received modern trio.

/vp/ was near unanimous in their hatred of the Gen V's starters final forms, which is why the whole incident coined the Wottergate name, so at least you can say we united and rejoiced in our hatred. The few that actually liked them were inconspicuous, the fandom equivalent of faggots commenting "This thread is going so fast that nobody will know that i'm gay".

Gen VI had one week of tremendous shitflinging everywhere when the Final Stage leaks first happened, but it quieted down right after game release. Most settled on Greninja, and then SSB happened and stirred the shit pot again, though not as heavily.

But Gen VII's have been like Leak-era Gen VI, except spread out for the entirety of the Gen's lifespan. I still can't pinpoint /vp/'s winner because there's so much shitflinging and autism for all 3 of them, but that might be because of cancerous newfags. I think you're a bit right on this one.
>>
File: DDpCwlEXgAALmHH.jpg (16KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
DDpCwlEXgAALmHH.jpg
16KB, 321x322px
>>32957140
That's because they weren't. First stages had a lot of typical banter where ironically the Chespinfags were the most obnoxious, although not to an awful degree. But even then, the era of 2013 to late 2014 was relatively peaceful and neat compared to /vp/'s other eras, even if it did have its own blights like G00drafag and the like.

Then the middle stages were revealed, Chespinfags had a slice of humble pie while Froakiefags and Fennefags delighted. They only ever got mad again during the leaks, but that also settled quickly. I honestly really miss those days. In retrospect, i don't enjoy the X/Y games that much, but their gen was the most fun i've had on /vp/. I miss those days.
>>
The only reason there's so much shitflinging is because there's so many newfags and they're sperging out over which one's the next Greninja. If Greninja didn't get as popular as it did, or all the gen 6 starters got new forms instead of only Greninja, there wouldn't be nearly as much concentrated autism. So basically these starterwars can be summed up as patternfags thinking one is going to get special treatment over the others, even though this only happened with Greninja.
>>
>>32957411
If the Gen 7 starters don't get any special forms Gen 8 starter discussion might be bearable. There'd probably be shitposting about which one is popular enough for Pokken if Pokken 2 ever becomes a thing though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.