[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The little things you miss Whatever happened to these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1481520600865.png (59KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1481520600865.png
59KB, 400x439px
ITT: The little things you miss

Whatever happened to these transitions, and why did boring fades to black or white take over them?
This applies specially for wild encounters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDCXJ0xH2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eij_1060SMc
>>
Rustling grass with audios was imo a perfect way to train
It was just annoying enough to be hassle but still a quick way to train
>>
I miss Triple Battles and Rotation Battles
>>
All of these, and encounter themes for normal trainers.
>>
File: 1481728649830.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481728649830.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>any Pokemon that isn't Spinda, Unown, Diglett or Dugtrio having unique quirks to them, like Shuckle making Berry Juice after awhile if you make it hold a Berry in Gen 2 only for this little tidbit to never appear again, instead Wild Shuckle just straight up hold Berry Juice sometimes
>>
>>32956882
There probably coming back next gen. The 3ds just couldn't handle them anymore
>>
Berry mixing, game corners, minigames in general. I got completely addicted to Voltorb Flip in gen 4.
>>
Trainers that you can rematch daily, some getting stronger, some giving items when you beat them.

The whole Entralink from gen 5, it was fun just finding random gifts from people playing around you when you visit routes, as well as friendly minigames on certain routes while you play. Also seeing the other players walking in your world was neat.
>>
Pokemon characteristics in the old 3D models.

I liked how Lunatone swung in a slow circle like the moon around the earth and Solrock would bob up and down like the rising and falling of the sun.

I miss the animation of sabeleye getting hit back and then like a creeper flashing a grin and walking back into the battle.

The small tidbits of animations in stuff like PBR really brought out pokemon's personalities.
>>
I miss the long Pokedex entries of RSE.
>>
File: 1285016767860.gif (549KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1285016767860.gif
549KB, 360x359px
This shit right here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudEQjPKSNs

BW2's version was good too.
>>
>>32955964
In Gen 4, when you viewed a pokemon's cry you were able to play around with the settings to make it sound different (messing with the pan, etc.), although, I think it was only in DP

Also, nice taste in videos (even if you're not subbed to Crystal_)
>>
Following pokemon
>>
>>32958461
I've been bingewatching Crystal_'s stuff lately. ZZAZZ glitch is great too. They're both like the Pannenkoeks of Pokémon, and I love it.
The amount of shit they pull off and even manage to understand is astounding. It trully is a fucking marvel that RBGY even manages to run without crashing every 4 seconds. Those games are so broken that it's almost a feat by itself to have created an engine so completely fucked up, but yet can withstand so much corrupting and breaking before collapsing.
Funny thing is, Gamefreak is still just as incompetent at programming to this very day, their games simply are not AS broken anymore.
>>
>>32957874
Oh Lord don't get me started

PBR was awesome about that, but Stadium was even better with unique intros, death animations, and certain attack animations. Like I think in one of the stadiums, if Snorlax metronomed and got a kick move, he did a drop kick. Not sure if I'm remembering that correctly, but I think that's a thing
>>
>>32958461
it was in Platinum as well
I really miss Audino grinding, Super Training and custom gym themes in B2W2
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.