[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latest rumors from the Japan blogosphere >Main series RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon-Nintendo-Switch.jpg (75KB, 750x423px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Nintendo-Switch.jpg
75KB, 750x423px
Latest rumors from the Japan blogosphere
>Main series RPG like the handhelds. Paths and routes will be replaced by more open hubs.
>Will be a soft reboot with slightly altered mechanics. Will not be backward compatible with handhelds, i.e. no porting your pokes over
>Will have a phone app tie-in that will let you battle and trade on your phone
>Gyms are back. In addition to the normal gym leaders, there will also be online gym leaders where the game will keep track of regional, national, and global leaders for each gym. They leaders will be forced to defend their gym a set number of times each day.
>new starters and legendaries, but otherwise no new pokes
>Only 1 version, but RNG will be used to make different peoples games different.
>>
how to kill the series by OP
>>
>>32952969
No backwards compatibility. You're not even fucking trying
>>
>>32952969
>Only 1 version, but RNG will be used to make different peoples games different.
I like this
>>
>>Will not be backward compatible with handhelds, i.e no porting your pokes over
Nope. That's never happening again after the backlash Gen 3 got from it.
Plus, if they can find a way to transfer Gen 1-2 Pokemon to Gen 6-7 after all these years, they'd find a way to convert/roll a new set of values for whatever new setup they'd have.
>>
>people think anything has been conceived for Pokemon Switch beyond three lines of code and some whiteboard sketches
>>
>>32952969
>Will be a soft reboot with slightly altered mechanics. Will not be backward compatible with handhelds, i.e. no porting your pokes over
confirmed bullshit
>>
>>32952969
>No backwards compatibility
What is pokemon bank
>>
>>32953108
Why do you automatically assume that Pokemon bank will work on any game and console from now until eternity?
>>
>>32952969
>Will not be backward compatible with handhelds, i.e. no porting your pokes over
Yeah, right after they implemented a way to solve this for good and despite it being one of the main "arguments" GF´s target audience repeats.
>>
>>32952969
I hope that Gamefreak realizes that if they make backward compatibility impossible and thus makes it impossible to have Ash-Greninja in Gen 8, 90% of their entire consumer base will abandon Pokemon forever.
>>
>>32953062
>they already have three lines

>>32953128
Because that's the point of it. Why do you assume the Internet will dissapear before Gen 8?
>>
>>32952969
>Game comes out next year at best
>Probably in 2019
>People are already making leaks
Revealing the game would happen so early was a mistake.
>>
>>32953155
I don't think Ash-Greninja is that big of a deal breaker, they already locked 3 other pokemon.

But yeah, no backward compatibility would kill the series, but it won't happen and its stupid to think it will happen in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>32952969
Nope, they said Pokémon bank will be on other platforms
>>
>>32953176
>3 years of leakseason
>both USUM and Pokemon Switch
How fun
>>
>>32953223
>Actually paying attention at what they said
>not promoting your own delusions as information
>>
>>32953062
The game has been in dev for almost a year already.

Sun/Moon launched in November of 2016, so it most likely went gold in September.
>>
>no backwards compatibility

I fucking wish.
A wipe would and some retconning (like the Nidoran line and much more shit) would do the franchise some good.

Also, the time when XY was new and bank wasnt out was the most fun a lot of people had with Pokemon games in a very long fucking time.
>>
>>32952969
Good, now it would be cool of they also errased all those horrible gen 5 fakemon from the franchise. Just pull out some "alternate universe" excuse and do it.
>>
Well, time to drop the series
>>
>>32953299
The same would be true of S/M given that it didn't update until a couple months after they released even though they originally intended it to update with the games.

It wasn't true of either for a reason though. Many of us want our old shit ASAP. It's nothing more than an annoyance to not have access to them straight away.

The Nidoran line should be amalgamated, sure, but nothing else needs retconning. More and more choice is only a bad thing to a moron.
>>
>>32953334
Weird to read this on /vp/
>>
>>32953299
>Also, the time when XY was new and bank wasnt out was the most fun a lot of people had with Pokemon games in a very long fucking time.

Okay?

Don't transfer your shit up until you beat the game then. Very simple.
>>
>>32953352
I buy new gens for the new pokemon if there's no new pokemon outside the starters or legends i can't care less, i can play USUM forever
>>
>>32953352
Um, almost everyone has that view. Once in a while someone says "they need to stop making new Pokémon," and they immediately get shouted down.
>>
>>32953363
Not him, but it's not the same.

I have a living dex in my bank. If Sun and Moon had a full national dex I just could have transferred them all over and been almost done with it already. However that wasn't the case but that's not the point. Many of them were in the Alola dex. If you can just transfer everything over again then what's the point in catching all of them again? They try to give motivation by the whole regional symbol but in the end that doesn't mean anything. In that time before Bank was released for XY there was motivation to go and catch everything in Kalos again because it wasn't until February when most of the world got Bank. XY felt like a Pokemon game parallel to the series but not replacing the older games in that period. And Bank wasn't working right at all for the beginning period so for the time there wasn't much of a choice other than to work with what you could get in Kalos.

It wasn't the same for SM. We knew that eventually, Bank was going to be there. So there wasn't that motivation to go find some of the older Pokemon hidden under 1-5% encounter rates when you could just wait a few months and transfer it over. Or even the Island scan, I never bothered with it because I didn't see a point when all I had to do was wait two months for Bank.
>>
>>32953446
If GF wants to stop making new pokemon i'll stop suporting them and buying their games,simple.
They can do it, but they'll lose me as a costumer
>>
>>32953493
Yeah, I agree. I was just questioning why >>32953352 seemed so surprised at that opinion. Almost everybody feels that way.
>>
>>32952969
Nice ideas OP. I like your concept of having online gyms, rest is kinda trash imo
>>
>>32953446
Haven't been on /vp/ for a while it seems, /vp/ loves nostalgiafaggng now.

>>32953457
Not the guy you're replying to but we knew a transfer method would come in XY anyways. If anything, the problem is the little amount of new pokémon which makes dex completion laughably easy if you already had all previous mons.

>>32953520
>Almost everybody feels that way.
I wish
>>
File: 1498777051472.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498777051472.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>32952969

This sounds Bullshit and you know it.
>>
File: 1489123026472.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1489123026472.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>32952969
>there are people that actually believe this shit
>>
>>32953550
>If anything, the problem is the little amount of new pokémon which makes dex completion laughably easy if you already had all previous mons.

And yet, people still complain about how difficult it is. "This Pokémon only has a 10% appearance rate, how am I ever supposed to catch it?!" The amount of whining when SM came out about having to actually look for some of the new Pokémon was incredible.

(By the way I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just observing that /vp/ will find reasons to whine about everything.)
>>
>>32953629
Read through the thread. Nobody believes this shit.
>>
File: cripplingdepression_1.jpg (13KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
cripplingdepression_1.jpg
13KB, 211x211px
>>32953457
>>32953299
Different strokes I guess. It was fun to complete my living dex once, but just the thought that I might have to do it again, especially with the shit post leveling options sm had, would have made me go insane.
With how shit gts still is in its sorting options it's already enough of a headache to get missing legendaries in my own language. Plus I would loose my first shinys from Sapphire I'm porting up every generation since then.
>>
>>32953666
I'm the one he replied to but I agree. I mentioned encounter rates because I think some of the older ones had either ridiculous encounter rates or methods and it wasn't worth it when I knew I could get them easily if I waited. The newer ones weren't really hard to get at all so I don't know why they were complaining. None of them go below 5% I think, some of the ones you fish did if you were an idiot and didn't go for the rippling spots though. Mareanie is the only one that I would consider bullshit though. But that was no where on the level of Feebas back in the day. I think people have been spoiled by XY so they expected it to be easy. Really the problem was more that the new ones weren't at the forefront of the game, similar to Gen2.

>>32953690
Oh I agree and I don't think they should ever go with blocking out transferring. But it's not something that you can simulate but just not transferring, whether you do it or not you have the option. Having a period without it though has you going through and catching some or most of them again though, and I found it fun because I ended up using mons that I wouldn't have given another look at otherwise. It's like when they take your belt away when you go into a jail cell so you don't kill yourself, but instead you figure out a way to escape. That's a bad metaphor but you get the point.
>>
>>32953666
It's valid criticism in my opinion. I want to use new mons on my first play through in a new region instead of getting flooded by the same old shit you see every generation instead.
It was an odd decision to give the already few new ones all these low encounter rates too, it just made them feel even more second fiddle to the older ones. I thought they had learned since Gen II.
Personally I didn't mind the rates all that much, but I'm also a bike simulator fan so my view is certainly skewed here. Most of my friends who have less breeder autism than me got really frustrated by the low encounter rates.
>>
>>32953666
I complained about the 1% fishing encounters and Pokémon that required chaining to encounter, because the former is bullshit if you don't know about the bubbles and the latter is just bullshit in general and probably made me overleveled for the main game because of how many wild 'mons I had to kill to get some of the chain-only 'mons.
Other than that, my big issue with encounters in SM is poor distribution. SM has the second-smallest amount of new 'mons in the franchise and a lot of them are shoved into late game, or can only evolve in late game because of stupid location evolutions, or are Legendaries/UBs that can only be found in postgame. I had to wait until Poni Island to finish my team because I wanted to use a new Dragon and literally all of them (except Turtonator who is Sun-exclusive and I had Moon) can only be gotten at or after you reach Poni Island.
>>
>>32954200
>i had to play through the whole game and even get 16 badges to finish my team because Larvitar isn't obtainable earlier

It has always been this way anon
>>
>>32954300
HGSS alleviated that with the Safari Zone at least.
>>
>>32953299
>Also, the time when XY was new and bank wasnt out was the most fun a lot of people had with Pokemon games in a very long fucking time.

Since Black and White? Because you had to beat B&W to port D&P over.
>>
>>32952969
>Will not be backward compatible with handhelds, i.e. no porting your pokes over
>after they made the bank for this specific purpose
Why do you even bother making such low quality bait?
>>
>>32953299
>the time when XY was new and bank wasnt out was the most fun a lot of people had with Pokemon games in a very long fucking time.
>he missed gen 5
>>
>>32953666
>people still complain about how difficult it is.
Tedium =/= difficulty you retard.
No one has ever one "Oh it's impossible to catch!" because it fucking isn't, it's just a god damn slog to sit there for doing the exact same thing over and over and over again.
>>
>>32952969
How to shoot the pokemon series in the back of the head and throw it in a tar pit: by Japan.
>>
DROPPED if true.

Dropped if any less than 80 new pokemon.
>>
>>32955110
So you would be okay with 71 legendaries
>>
>>32952969
I ain't gonna bother pointing what you quoted, but this;
>Japan blogosphere
Can ya be a bit specific?
>>
>>32952969
>no backwards compatibility.

because when they said the bank would let you bring your pokemon forward forever, they actually meant for 5 years, right?
>>
>>32952969
>Only 1 version
Lol you're out your fuckin mind if you think anyone is believing this
>>
>>32955110
Obviously it's not fucking true, you really think they're going to do half the moronic shit OP said?
>>
>>32953023
>spend 8 hours looking for your fave mon on every route possible
>you still don't know whether it's obrainable in your game or not because it could be a 1% encounter and the rng hates you.
>>
>>32953299

I enjoyed XY but that was definitely not a factor as to why I enjoyed it on any level
>>
>>32952969
Fuck off
>>
>>32959863
>>you still don't know whether it's obrainable in your game or not because it could be a 1% encounter and the rng hates you.
yes, because we live in 90s it's gonna be dissesected in hours after release I bet Nintendo will post how many pokes there will be months before release
>>
>>32953265
"going gold" is when the master copy goes to publishing for mass production
>>
>>32953334
>new starters and legendaries, but otherwise no
new pokes
Gamefreak can't be that afraid of reaching 1000.
>>
>>32960036
Why people complain about 1000 pokemon?
Whats wrong with more variety?
If you're an autistic child that can't accept new things, just keep playing RB.
>>
>>32960100
>If you're an autistic child that can't accept new things just keep playing RB
I just love how whenever someone makes any criticism of pokemon,some autist has to run in and yell "NOSTALIGA!1111" "GENWUNNER!@!111"
Fuck off.
>>
>>32953176
Literally fucking confirmed for 2018. End this fucking 2019 meme.
>>
>>32953022
well, the 3ds has no way to connect to the switch...
>>
>>32959987
did you even read the comment he was refering to?
>>
>>32960288
pkmn bank
>>
>>32960306
do you really think they will put the time in updating the bank in a way that you can use a 3ds AND a switch at the same time?
>>
>>32960313
Do you even know what pokebank is? It's literally a single file slapped on Nintendo's servers that tells the system what Pokemon you have. Allowing a switch to access and modify that file would be beyond trivial. The 3DS doesn't have some kind of magical unique netcode, using servers is effectively the same for all computers.
>>
>>32960331
they would still need to release it for the switch
>>
>>32953184
>Ash-Greninja
No troll, but what is this? An event mon?
>>
>>32960288
there's this thing called pokebank which is apparently completely online and as a result can connect to any internet connected device that has an app for it
>>
>>32960362
the greninja you can get from the demo
it can turn into ash-greninja after defeating another pokemon
>>
>>32952969
this all sounds retarded.
>>
>>32953184
>no backward compatibility would kill the series
Just like Gen3?
>>
>>32960388
they will release a new version for the switch that will give them additional money
>>
>>32960390
You REALLY don't seem to understand what the Pokebank is, its purpose, and why people pay for it.
>>
>>32952969
nice source faggot
>>
>>32953457
>the fun part of pokemon is having to catch the same pokemon in every single game
>>
>>32960414
Do you even know how grammer works?
i know what the bank is supposed to do, but that doesnt mean that it WILL happen

heck you cant even trade gen6 mons back to gen6, even if you didnt do anything with them in your gen7 game, despite the fact that pokemon bank is just a "storage" software. So instead of just rereleasing the pokemon bank for the switch they could just release a new version that can "take" the data from your original bank (in order to charge you again if you already paid your subsription for the year)

also you guys seem to already know a lot about games that probably wont even come out in 2018
>>
>>32960608
why would you be able to trade back to gen 6? LEL. Alot of stat changes first of all so that's probably why you can't.
Bank is meant for storage and to bring mons to future games from old ones not back to the past.
>>
>>32952969
I'm so glad this is fake
>>
>>32960288
What the fuck are you talking about? It actually does. And even if it didn't, you'd still have Bank
>>
>>32960313
are you fucking thick
>>
>>32960261
Try making a criticism that doesn't require being a nostalgiafag to agree with.

>>32960382
Back then you didn't have 800 mons and easily available cloud systems.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.