[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make Pokemon fun again? Story mode is still piss easy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Ralph Simpson.jpg (7KB, 251x189px)
Ralph Simpson.jpg
7KB, 251x189px
How do we make Pokemon fun again?

Story mode is still piss easy, meta is stale, RNG sucks. It's tiresome after 7 gens. Don't even pretend you stick around for the gameplay, you're only in it for the monsters.

How do we fix it?
>>
>>32949286
More monsters. Gen 8 better give us more than the last two
>>
>>32949286
Hard mode.
>>
>>32949286
Franchise reboot is the only way
>>
Nostalgia driven settings and atmosphere with increased difficulty and modern JRPG polish
>>
>>32949286
>Don't even pretend you stick around for the gameplay, you're only in it for the monsters.

the gameplay IS the monsters
>>
>>32949286
>Hard mode that increases overall dificulty curve, ending the main story 30 levels higher than normalmode
>A world map that feels genuinely expansive, with varrying biomes and unique environments
>Every enviornment should have fitting pokemon, with a veriety of cool, cute, silly, and edgy to fit just about every demographic
>Boss fights with their own music themes
>A story focused around a player primarily, not a cast of anime tropes
>Antagonist group that naturally and simply flows into the plot and world IE: these guys are being cunts to people and blocking my path doing so, i will therefore fuck them up
>removal of Lillie and Lillie-like characters, who drive the plot while being similtaniously useless to in its progression, with minimal overall character development and direct plot impact
>pokemon rebalance, stat weight of 450 is bare minimum for a fully evolved pokemon (outside of gimick-mon like shedinja), including single evos, this increases both overall competitive viability and user friendlieness in single player
>removal of gimicky bullshit like in battle evolution, go back to the roots of the battle mechanics and enphasize polish and perfection over inovation
I can't think of anything more.
>>
>>32949286
>meta is stale

Stopped reading there, maybe don't play a shitty fanmade and unsupported singles meta.
Also I bet you used exp share.
>>
Here's my plan to make a better meta.
>remove any non-breedable pokemon
This should remove genies and tikis, but it comes at the cost of mons like the regis becoming useless.
>while removing legendaries, also remove ubers
Let's face it, a standard non-legendary meta would be plagued with mega salamence and friends.

This is all I can come up with, any suggestions?
>>
>>32949286
>How do we make Pokemon fun again?
>piss easy

limit yourself
>>
>>32949596

AMEN.

Plus >>32949318

I would love such a game.
>>
Give it the Cyber Sleuth treatment!!!!! Give us a game like Colosseum in terms of tone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.