[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the least memorable city in any pokemon game? One that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: Striaton_City_Summer_B2W2.png (213KB, 1445x484px) Image search: [Google]
Striaton_City_Summer_B2W2.png
213KB, 1445x484px
What is the least memorable city in any pokemon game? One that you would forget exists, if not for seeing it mentioned somewhere.

For me it would be Striaton City. Literally where?
>>
anything from Sinnoh except that one town with all the ledges and an Unown cave
>>
Goldenrod city

Love the city. Great theme

Breeding area

Team. Rocket base

Radio station

Most difficult gym

Eevee
>>
>>32945505
Cherrygrove, it's music sucks compared to every other town in it's region and you only have to be there a couple minutes, at least Mahogany has the Lake of Rage.

>>32945522
Also this, it's one of the few places I can't remever the name.

>>32945557
LEAST memorable.
>>
>>32945522

Yeah, kind of this for me as well. I remember most of them, but I always forget Floarama Town is a thing, as well as Hearthome. Sinnoh overall didn't really stand out to me.

Couriway Town is pretty forgettable as well.
>>
>>32945557
Buddy, that's the exact opposite of what this thread is about, reread the OP.
>>
>forgetting any city with a gym in it

I was going to say either Solaceon Town or Couriway Town, but then I finally remembered Anville Town exists.
>>
>>32945563
Oh shit misread it

I gotta with Striaton city

For the first gym city it's boring as shit don't even remember the theme
>>
It would have to be one of the Johto towns if I didn't play the shit out of them as a kid and retain them to memory. Many of the towns are unremarkable, but I do remember them all.

Once you get into Sinnoh / Unova / Kalos, everything starts blurring together and becomes unmemorable, outside of random memorials or scenes that I remember. Maybe I'm just getting old, or maybe those regions really are very forgettable. I literally could not tell you the name of any area in Unova, and that is no joke.
>>
Alola. The towns don't feel like particular places because of their connection to the routes, and they all have names that are decently hard to remember, unlike every other region, whose place names have something that you can tell has to do with the town... most of the time.
>>
Any city in gen 5, only exception is castelia
>>
>>32945627
>don't even remember the theme
Don't be a faggot, it is a Gym with 3 leaders how can you not remember that. It is a restaurant, the leaders are waiters, they use the shitty monkeys everyone hates. It is built around teaching new trainers about type advantages.
>>
>>32945505
Kantai, cba to check its english name that i will forget anyway 5 minutes.
There's literally nothing, not even houses, just a generic dress shop and a center.
I doubt there can be a worse, so bland, ugly and useless city in the franchise and I doubt every other answer can objectively be worse than this one.
>>
>>32945505
Striaton city was my favorite pokemon city for years and it still is. Eat shit OP.
>>
>>32945702
After quickly looking through all of the towns and seeing what I had forgotten
All of Kanto was memorable for me, probably because we've been through it so many times
For some reason I forgot about Cherrygrove and Mahogany
Hoenn is fresh in my mind because I just replayed AS but I forgot Verdanturf
Basically everything in Sinnoh I had trouble remembering except for Snowpoint
Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton, Nacrene, Opelucid, Floccesy and Lentimas I could all picture in my head but couldn't remember their fucking names for shit and I forgot Anville completely. The only memorable towns in Unova to me are Castelia, Nimbasa, Driftveil and Humilau.
I just played though Kalos too but if I had to pick I'd say Aquacorde, Ambrette and Cyllage, Dendemille, and Anistar (yeah yeah sundial but it didn't really have the impact on the game that they wanted it to it felt really bland to me).
Konikoni is really cool but forgettable because you don't do much in it, and I forgot Tapu Village was a thing, Po Town gets to honorarily be on the list because they're basically nothing after Team Skull. But there weren't many towns in Alola to even forget.
>>
>>32946040
Didn't mean to reply
>>
>>32946040
Yeah there are plenty of towns that I can picture in my head but can't remember the names of.

In the OP I meant more along the lines of places that you literally forgot even existed.
>>
>Forgetting one of the least empty first gym cities

Literally how, you just have shit memory and need a doctor for that
>>
>>32945563
There's a town called Cherrygrove..? Fucking where?
>>
Is a hard question since when I start thinking about those towns I remember the good qualities about them. The second town and that flower field town in DP slipped through my mind until I saw a picture in the remake hype season, and thinking about forgotten towns, the one with the windmill in Kalos stuck out to me.

>>32945505
I went to Striaton every time I needed to breed something, hardly forgettable.
>>
File: 1493631805676.jpg (4MB, 4500x2893px) Image search: [Google]
1493631805676.jpg
4MB, 4500x2893px
>>32945522
I agree with this.
Just look at this pic. The only city that really stands out is Snowpoint, and maybe that one divided in two by a channel.
The rest of them is either your typical "brown city" with maybe a gym leader and some interesting building like a church, or a "green" town.
The region itself (routes and zones) are more memorable and well done, but the cities/towns are just dull.
>>
>>32946193
Johto, same as Mahogany.
>>
I don't know, I can't remember...
>>
File: 1499293153687.jpg (2MB, 4500x2893px) Image search: [Google]
1499293153687.jpg
2MB, 4500x2893px
>>32946264
>>32946040
>>32945522
These are the only places of Sinnoh I remember, and my reasons for remembering them. Holy shit, what a bad game.
>>
>>32946193
It's basically the Oldale Town/Sandgem Town/Accumula Town of Johto
>>
File: 686px-Humilau_City_Spring_B2W2.png (844KB, 686x900px) Image search: [Google]
686px-Humilau_City_Spring_B2W2.png
844KB, 686x900px
Literally where?
>>
>>32946371
How do you forget Humilau? The resort theme and the walkways, and it being the last gym city makes it fairly memorable.
>>
>>32945746
On the subject of "difficult names" I get the feeling that if the earlier games were released post-2010, they would have been a lot more Japanese. The only reason Johto wasn't hammed up with even more oriental references is because it's from the 90's.

Also I only ever played III and IV extensively, and out of those I have a habit of forgetting Celestic Town. It's just in such a lousy location.
>>
>>32946344
I mean some of the locations in Sinnoh were OKAY, but almost none of them were actually any good. Snowpoint and the whole route was good, and I guess Canalave and Mt Coronet and probably the Battle Zone or whatever they called Sakhalin were good too. And the routes from badge 3-5. But other than that everything was just so bland, full of HMs, and had almost no memorable characters. Looker is probably the only thing that stuck around in the series that came from Sinnoh and was decent. Cynthia is your basic milf/lesbian fetish and gets worse with each appearance.

I mean part of me is curious to see if a remake could do it justice but my brain is telling me that there isn't much that can be done.
>>
>>32946371
Humilau is almost the same as Pacifidlog and Seafolk but it's one of my favorite towns. It really doesn't seem like it fits in with Unova and that's a good thing. Most of the region is urban and here you are with a warm beach town built on the water as a nice breath of fresh air.
>>
>>32946371
nah. this theme is god tier
>>
>>32946371
Marlon swimming away after you beat him should be enough of a reason to remember imo
>>
>>32946410
I agree and you see this with RSE compared to ORAS. They toned it up a bit with HGSS especially with the Kimono girls and the northern part of the region but it still felt like a generic Pokemon region. Kalos was when we really kicked into high gear with the local culture (all of the French in the game) and if you go through ORAS you run into all sorts of little Japanese things like sitting on cushions, your shoes coming off when you go inside, or some characters throwing in little phrases here and there. Of course there was Alola that had its local culture but we got lots of Japanese thrown in there as well, and unless I'm mistaken maybe an element of Chinese too.
>>
>>32946264
Sunnyshore and Canalave stand out too imo.
>>
>>32945505
Honestly, any Kalos town except Lumiose (because fuck Lumiose) and Snowbelle (because I fucking love that music)
>>
>>32946434
wtf is seafolk?
>>
>>32946524
>Canalave
>and maybe that one divided in two by a channel
Yeah, I couldn't remember the name.
Regarding Sunnyshore, while it has the paths elevated in the end they're just like roads, and seeing it in the map it just looks to me like another grey/brown city with roads.
>>
>>32946545
oh it's from s&m. nvm didn't play this one.
>>
>>32946545
Best theme in sun and moon https://youtu.be/c7KuvV4PTGQ
>>
That one town you can only reach by subway in Unova.
>>
Cherrygrove City in G/S/C

What stands out about it besides being the 2nd town and the 1st rival battle?

Some cities mentioned here like Anville, Canalave and Sunyshore at least have interesting designs/gimmicks
>>
>>32946692
I don't know why everyone is saying cherrygrove. I instantly remember cherrygrove. I guess it's because I'm an oldfag so the GB games are all very familiar to me.
>>
>>32945505
Paniola Town
>>
>>32946736
No I had the same thing because Crystal was my first game and it was memorable at the time but I forgot it quickly after a few gens of other early towns that I found more memorable like Viridian, Oldale, or hell even Aquacorde had that beautiful view of the bridge early in the game and you never got anything like that again. Sandgem had the professor's lab too, but there wasn't really anything to speak of for Cherrygrove. It's forgettable but I still love it though.
>>
>>32946854
>Aquacorde
Where?
>>
>>32946863
Nigga look it up if you can't remember. It's in Kalos though, that second town that was really the other half of the starting one, with the bridge over the river.
>>
>>32946880
>It's in Kalos though, that second town that was really the other half of the starting one, with the bridge over the river.
The only city I can remember from Kalos is that Paris look-alike. Also the island where the friend safari and all are, I bred a lot 6ev pokes there I think.
>>
>>32946906
>island
It's in the middle of the mountains
It speaks volumes about Kalos though that nobody seems to remember shit about it unless you replay it
>>
>>32946934
>island
The fucking island where that lame battle mansion is with the choice items, the rival right with the mega absol and the friend safari. Bullshit it isn't in the mountains.
>>
File: kiloude.jpg (113KB, 808x240px) Image search: [Google]
kiloude.jpg
113KB, 808x240px
>>32946985
That's not an island anon
>>
>>32945505
Everything from Alola, jesus christ. It's so fucking bland.
>>
>>32947006
What this guy said, you're thinking of Hoenn's Battle Resort.
>>
>>32947027
Not the battle resort, unless ORAS had one in which case I never went there. I remember specifically on the island there was a teaser about some sort of battle resort under construction, and on the top up some stairs you could refight your rival, who had a mega absol. To the right of him was the friend safari and there were a bunch of tropical plants and stuff. It wasn't in the mountains.
>>
>>32947051
anon, look at the map, it's not an island. how could you get to an island by train
>>
>>32947051
Yes it was that's what we were telling you. The Battle Maison is in Kiloude City in the south of Kalos, in the mountains. Go look it up if you don't believe me. The construction of a facility wasn't in that game, that's from ORAS, so if you remember that from the game then either you did go there or you remember it from the shitstorm it caused on this board. Everything else you said was true but that's all in Kiloude City.
>>
>>32947082
The name started with a K for sure but it wasn't located at a place like that. There were a bunch of tropical plants and flowers and it was definitely an island. There was also a guy there that could tell you how many IVs your pokemon had.

Needless to say, it was a forgettable place if none of us can figure it out.
>>
>>32947118
anon, we all figured it out but you
>>
>>32947143
Evidently not if you think it was a mountain village.

Maybe it was in ORAS, fuck it. All of gen 6 looked the same to me. But I remember having an Azumarill so I'm pretty sure it was XY, because he suddenly became very good in that game.
>>
>>32947118
I just fucking replayed through XY. I know where the it is. You're the one who doesn't get it.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kiloude_City

It's in the mountains.
>>
>>32945505
probably Lentimas town

I have a really good memory so I can still remember the name but that place is obscure as fuck

Couriway Town is pretty obscure as well.
>>
>>32947185
Layout looks similar, but the location is wrong. There was definitely a little pond at the top of the place I'm thinking of, though.

Also there was no train station, so that's definitely not the right area. Hopefully I'll remember it eventually, this is a toughie.
>>
File: resort.png (1MB, 876x769px) Image search: [Google]
resort.png
1MB, 876x769px
>>32947213
it was either that or this anon
>>
File: 300px-Lentimas_Town_B2W2.png (189KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Lentimas_Town_B2W2.png
189KB, 300x283px
>>32947198
Like shit it ticks all the boxes

>Small
>Unremarkable
>3rd game only
>Gen 5 cities are forgettable as fuck in general

You now remember Lentimas town, I guess
>>
>>32947225
This looks closer, but the layout was more like that town you posted earlier. There were no hurts either, and it was less green than this.
>>
Name one (1) town from Akala Island, without looking it up.
>>
>>32947198
>>32947232
I remember Lentimas Town for the music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1V8rMIjDfs
>>
>>32947241
You're probably Kiloude City and the Battle Resort mixed up and thinking of a hybrid of the two, anon.

Kiloude isn't an island but you could easily mistake it for one because you can't travel there by foot and it's postgame only (and yet it's full of tropical shit).
>>
>>32947213
I mean this in the best way but I think you may be on the slow side.

In that page you see a little pond at the top. Also you see Calem/Serena's team.

At this point I think you're baiting so I'm going to stop.
>>
>>32947279
>I mean this in the best way but I think you may be on the slow side.
I don't claim to have the best memory (and we are talking about forgettable locations anyway), but I'd sure as fuck remember the different between a tropical island and a mountain village. They're pretty much polar opposites.
>>
File: Anville_Town_Summer_B2W2.png (430KB, 1174x891px) Image search: [Google]
Anville_Town_Summer_B2W2.png
430KB, 1174x891px
A challenger appears
>>
>>32947321
Is this optional? I don't think I have ever been there.
>>
>>32947311
Then somehow in your head Kiloude City and Battle Resort had a baby and Kiloude City got the dominant genes. Even then the Battle Resort is based on what was there in RSE so that should be easier to remember and distinguish from anything in Kalos.
>>
File: 300px-Kalos_alt.png (148KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Kalos_alt.png
148KB, 300x197px
>>32947311
oh I see anon, you must be right, I guess all of us just forgot this kalosian island
>>
>>32947336
It's not only optional but completely off the path from everything in both Unova games. You have to take a Subway to get there, you grab a few items, they talk about the train tracks not being used anymore, and nothing else of importance happens. There isn't even a nearby route to go to or another town, it's just an area in the middle of nowhere for no reason. Even the Nature Preserve had wild Pokemon to catch.
>>
>>32947336
You have to ride a certain subway in BW/2. It was basically the only non-battle subway. The town is a little location at the upper left of the map. It's not connected to anything, and you can't fly to it either, because it's just counted as one of those interesting area markers on the map. Only interesting things there were a couple of free items. Not even any unique items either if I remember correctly.
>>
Honestly for me its almost every city in gen 2 besides goldenrod.
>>
>>32947245
Heahea, bitch
>>
>>32947082
FUCK OFF CUNT

>>32947143
FUCK OFF CUNT

>>32947225
FUCK OFF CUNT

>>32947247
FUCK OFF CUNT

>>32947353
FUCK OFF CUNT
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.