[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Pokémon has moved to the Switch. Will we have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 7vg8aIz.png (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
7vg8aIz.png
24KB, 512x384px
Now that Pokémon has moved to the Switch. Will we have multiple save files?
>>
lol no
pokemon save files would be inherently problematic, see things like gts, trading, events, etc
>>
>>32945171
Maybe, the Switch has multiple user profiles and saves aren't held on the cart
>>
Oh, i dearly wish so.
But i really don't think that's going to happen
>>
>>32945183

It would only be problematic for Gamefreak's bottom line. You still have to beat the game to get shit like legendaries. The only real excuse for people to buy multiple versions of the same game is for replays without losing their items/pokemon
>>
>>32945171

I feel like memory hasn't been an issue for multiple save slots since at least the DS, but even if the DS cartridge couldn't hold enough data for two slots, as soon as SD cards became a thing on 3ds, there was no excuse for one save slot other than gamefreak being greedy
>>
>>32945253
They were actually asked if there would be multiple saves for XY at e3 and they outright stated that they never plan to have them.
>>
>>32945171
Hopefully
1 for my main Save
1 for competitive
1 for replay
>>
>you can now fill Bank with multiples of the same legendary
>>
>>32945226
OH FUCK
YOU'RE RIGHT
>>
They will never have them. It will cost too many sales.
>>
>>32945245
Yokai has 3, it's still a pain to get the good yokai because you have to play through to get them, I haven't seen any online players with duplicates
>>
>>32945183
not really. All they need to do is make one save file the main one and the other ones restricted, such as you can trade standard pokemon, but you can't trade pokemon holding items (with few exceptions such as trade evolution items), pokemon obtained from an event or legendary/mythical pokemon.
It's so easy to implement but you know real well the reason why they haven't.
>>
>Pokemon has moved on to the Switch

Lol. It will probably get some shitty spin-off mini-game shit, or at beast another Stadium.
>>
>>32945543
>1 for my main Save
>1 for competitive
why? why not just use your main save for competitive as well and then use the other one for gimmicky shit like Nuzlockes or whatever?
>>
>>32945543
Why do you need competitive different from main?

You should just need 1 slot for main and 1 for replay, though honestly since the Pokebank became a thing, you don't need even need that. Just bank everyone and restart whenever.
>>
>>32945689
You're right
>>
>>32945671
https://youtu.be/M2mZS_p4A7Y
9:23
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1033x679px
>>32945226
>>
>>32945721
>no name or footage

So I'm probably right. This will be the 3,000,000th time a Pokemon RPG was rumored for console.
>>
>>32945751
Accept this time the president of Pokémon said we are getting a mainline switch game
>>
>>32945171
Once it's hacked we'll have multiple saves either way. It would be more convenient if they actually had the option built in like that, though.
>>
>>32945751
>the president of TPC specifically said that Gamefreak is developing a core title for the Switch
>WELL, IT COULD BE FAKE, YA KNOW! THE SWITCH ISNT REPLACING THE 3DS!

Dumb underage poster.
>>
>>32945543
I would replace "the one for competitive" for a savefile in which I'd deposit all my breedjects just to erase it as soon as the boxes were full
>>
>>32945751
Stop this fucking meme
>>
Yes but if you want to transfer between them you will need multiple Pokemon Bank subscriptions or a second Switch to trade with as a middleman.
>>
>>32945777
>>32945905
>>32947609
>the joke

>your head
>>
>>32947703
>i was just pretending to be retarded!
>>
File: Complete erect.jpg (15KB, 304x408px) Image search: [Google]
Complete erect.jpg
15KB, 304x408px
>>32945226
A NEW GOLDEN AGE IS COMING
>>
>>32947861
wait nevermind i take that back, it's GF we're talking about they'll probably do the same thing as the VC releases
>>
>>32945226
This. It's how it works now.
>>
>>32945171
>Now that Pokémon has moved to the GBC. Will we have multiple save files?
>Now that Pokémon has moved to the DS. Will we have multiple save files?
>Now that Pokémon has moved to the 3DS. Will we have multiple save files?
>Now that there's Pokémon on the GC and Wii. Will we have multiple save files?
It'll never happen no matter how much it should
>>
>>32945171

If you're able to have multiple saves in Zelda across the seperate user accounts, then you can have multiple saves in Pokemon using the same method.

UNLESS Gamefreak demands they prevent this especially for Pokemon, which knowing those shitters could well happen.
>>
File: colosseum_xd.jpg (89KB, 420x298px) Image search: [Google]
colosseum_xd.jpg
89KB, 420x298px
Now that Saves arent tied to the cartridge anymore, we can have multiple save files

I feel like everyone's forgetting that it's not even the first time
Colosseum and Gale of Darkness let us trade over to main series games, and still let us keep multiple save files as long as we swapped out memory cards
>>
>>32945171
haha no.

>>32945226
>This system already has a file for Pokemon Up, you will still be able to play, but the game cannot be saved. Buy Pokemon Down, or stay updated on Top and Bottom to continue with your pokemon journey!
>>
>>32945171
>Now that Pokémon has moved to the Switch
Wait what? I don't doubt that but why the fuck are they putting Pokemon on a home console all the sudden?
>>
>>32948551
>as long as we swapped out memory cards

i don't think you get the point
>>
>>32949106
It's wishful thinking anon. This thread is bait.
>>
>>32949166
>>32949106
https://youtu.be/M2mZS_p4A7Y
9:23
>>
>>32949212
>Buying a $witch
>ISHIGGYDIGGADOO
>>
>>32949113
Its the exact same
Instead of physically swapping out memory cards, we just swap accounts
The point is that the system itself allows for multiple saves
>>
>>32949106
It's a handheld aswell so why not?
Wouldn't be surprised if they just made the game to be for the handheld part only.
>>
>>32950003
They will likely also have a less expensive, handheld only version of the Switch ready to go for when it releases.

They've done this with all other handhelds, releasing the 2DS specifically with XY last time around. No reason to think it won't happen again.

Leave the dock out (though it would still be able to use it if people had another dock since it charges and HDMI outs with the USB-C), perma-attach the Joycon to remove the Bluetooth functionality, and maybe even decrease default system size to more like 16 GB (since you'll realistically need to buy an SD card anyway if you're downloading much) and you're already decreasing the price and size a decent amount.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.