[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a piece of shit """"service""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: pokebank_en_770x562.png (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
pokebank_en_770x562.png
162KB, 770x562px
What a piece of shit """"service""""

>$4.99 to store a small bit of data that is less than most other games store in their servers for free
>if you lapse on your annual payment, your shit could get wiped out at any time
>No compatibility with Diamond/Pearl
>Can't view your collection from a computer
>Can't share between multiple devices which means you can't even just share a pool with your siblings or friends

Pokemon bank hate thread I guess
>>
>>32944636
just inject lol
>>
>>32944636
>>if you lapse on your annual payment, your shit could get wiped out at any time

Is this even confirmed? I've let my sub lapse twice, for at least 6-8 months each. Nothing has happened
>>
>>32944743
I think they said that it might, but I had mine lapse for like 2+ years, and they were still there when I pulled them out.
>>
So can someone explain to me how shiny locked Rayquaza and shit works? Couldn't I transfer a shiny rayquaza from GBA to Diamond, then to White and then to Pokebank?

I remember reading Rayquaza is shiny locked outside events so would that mean a Shiny Rayquaza from GBA would turn normal once I transfer it to SM?
>>
>>32945165
Of course fucking not. It would still be shiny. Shiny locking outside events wasn't even a thing until Gen V, a shiny Rayquaza from RSE is legal.
>>
>>32945211
I don't know how this shit works because I "just inject lol" and use a homebrew pokebank.
>>
>>32945230
Get cancer.
>>
>>32945248
Sorry for not wasting my time with shit I personally find boring and skipping straight to the parts I find fun.

And sorry I'm not spending 5 dollars on a retarded service that shouldn't work serverside.
>>
>>32944636
epic
>>
If someone steals your 3DS and does anything that violates the Terms of Service, they won't let you have your Pokémon back no matter what you do or say.
>>
>>32945287
Yep, people are literally paying for the privilege of locking their pokemon behind DRM
>>
>>32945287
>If someone steals your 3DS and does anything that violates the Terms of Service
>No Gamefreak, I swear it wasn't me. My little brother stole my DS and he modded it, really you have to believe me, just unban me. My dad is going to be so mad!
>>
>>32944636
i can confirm that i can get my pokemon who put two years ago without paying nothing, i dont know if anyone had his pokemon deleted of the service
>>
>>32945330
The fact that they even take away your Pokémon in a completely separate app than the one you cheated in is autistic enough on its own. And considering just how common it is for Pokémon players to cheat (due to how fucking easy it is) makes the previously stated scenario a very real possibility.
>>
>>32944636
What's wrong, kiddo? Can't get mommy or daddy to give you five bucks? Fuck off faggot. Stop being a money-horsing Jew.
>>
It's not the 5 bucks I mind, I just wish they'd fix up the UI so it wasn't slow and shitty.

If I use the find function, and I have like 15 anoriths pop up, please let me see the summary screen for each anorith on the top screen instead of jumping straight to that anorith's box thereby exiting the search function and having to search again if that wasn't the anorith I was looking for

A web app on globa link would be nice for quickly organizing and renaming boxes.

Let me scroll through like 10 boxes at a time with some button or macro.

Sorting boxes into groups would be nice so I could have a living dex in these 20 boxes, alternate forms in another group, event pokemon in another, etc. and I wouldn't have to scroll through the living dex every time I want to get to these boxes
>>
>>32945637
>Sorting boxes into groups would be nice
That is 100% a thing.
>>
File: ST2_EN_p03_01.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
ST2_EN_p03_01.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
>>32945637
>>32945770
http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/how-to-use/
>>
>>32945571
>paying $5 for a few MB of storage
Go back to 2001
>>
>>32944636
4.99 for a year is pretty understandable. Chill, OP.
>>
>>32944636
I was wondering this today. Once Switch games are out will I be able to download the same Pokemon Bank account on the Switch or how is that gonna work? FAQ's and forums I looked didn't give an answer
>>
>>32944636
They should totally allow us to access the bank from our pc, like with miiverse.

>if you lapse on your annual payment, your shit could get wiped out at any time
Not true, it only prevents you to deposit more and you can only withdraw them.
>>
>poorfag
>>
>>32946662
If I recall, they said somewhere that if you didn't keep paying, then your pokemon could be removed from the server for space reasons. It ends up that nobody's had anything removed that I'm aware of, though.
>>
>>32945899
Isn't Bank tied to NNID?
>>
File: Root jr.jpg (15KB, 320x308px) Image search: [Google]
Root jr.jpg
15KB, 320x308px
>>32945279
You don't understand,injecting makes you hitler,since some people like doing the boring bullshit EVERYONE should like doing boring bullshit.
>>
>>32944743
>>32944776
They'll store them indefinitely and you can take them out whenever. You just can't put any more in.
>>
>>32949240
Wtf is that fakemon, its cute as fuck.
>>
>>32944636
>>if you lapse on your annual payment, your shit could get wiped out at any time

Nani?
>>
>>32949240
>godwinblaming: priceless
There are things faggotry can't buy. For everything else, there's VictimCard(tm).
>>
>>32945899
The app is just an interface.

Your question is like wondering if you're logging into the same actual bank account because you're using a different computer or browser.
>>
File: memory zigzagoon.png (66KB, 1214x766px) Image search: [Google]
memory zigzagoon.png
66KB, 1214x766px
I wouldn't call Pokemon Bank a great service, but it's still a massive improvement over the past systems. To compare, the others are Pokemon Box RS, and My Pokemon Ranch. Pokemon Box RS functions as a storage system that also gives out bonuses like Extremespeed Zigzagoon, but there are plenty of problems with how it works. For one thing, for Box RS to work with FRLG at all, you'd need to complete the entire game and postgame quest. Another thing that it does is it prevents players from making withdrawals from other games unless they complete a certain dex quota (100 caught), meaning you can't start a new game and get all your mons back.
My Pokemon Ranch is even worse. Outside of Japan, the service doesn't work at all for Platinum, and won't work for HGSS even if you have the Japanese version. Along with this, you cannot make any withdrawals from a separate game. If your save corrupts, deletes, or you want to start a new game, you have absolutely no way of getting the Pokemon you stored back. Both games are also tied to consoles.

Pokemon Bank is much better than these two services, in that any game can withdraw Pokemon, and store as soon as they start the game. However, it still has its own shortcomings. For one thing, it's a cloud/online storage system. Servers aren't always up and running 100%, as things like maintenance exist, and you may not be able to connect. Another problem is the inability to transfer backwards, despite Gen VI data still existing in VII, like memory.
>>
>>32949192
Yep.

Though they've changed over to the Nintendo Account for the Switch and presumably for the future in general, you can link an NNID to a Nintendo Account.

Switch Bank will know what to access once you've linked it to the NNID in question.
>>
>>32949399
>Another problem is the inability to transfer backwards, despite Gen VI data still existing in VII, like memory.
That's a problem with the games, not the service.

Each game adds new bits to the save files that are a Pokémon. For example, unlike the .pkx save file in Gen 6, the .pk7 file contains information about Hyper Training.

If you were to put a Hyper Trained Pokémon back in Gen 6, it would lose the Hyper Training since it would have to be converted back to a file that doesn't have that information.
>>
File: 1440305663328.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440305663328.gif
1MB, 300x300px
I don't understand the people who defend this shit. Why the fuck should I have to pay money for something that, not only was once free, but costs almost nothing to do? Pokemon files are small as fuck, so storing them doesn't exactly strain anything.
>>
>>32949240
Injecting is fine, just stay the fuck out of competitions/locations where it's not allowed. It is no one's right to compete competitively in someone else's competition, simple as that.

You abide by the rules you agreed to upon signing up or fuck off.
>>
>>32945770
>>32945789

Ah, wow didn't even know that. It's still kind of not nearly as user friendly or convenient as I wanted, but I just spent a good twenty minutes separating out my living dex so I don't have to constantly scroll through it
>>
>>32945834
This argument could be used for literally everything. This is how you get shit like IRL DLC amiibos and micropayment mill mobileshit... Nintendo even started charging for online lol... stop being a bootlicker and accepting whatever companies demand of you
>>
>>32949437
Same pokemon with the same limits following the same rules... I understand your feeling if someone gives their mon extra stats or moves they shouldn't have... but if it's literally identical to what someone can have without injecting, you have zero grounds to give a shit
>>
>>32944636
Pokébank is stupid but we have homebrew that acts as its own bank now, so I don't really care anymore. It'll become a problem again after Pokémon moves to the Switch (unless homebrew development happens lightning fast, which seems unlikely), but I'm already not getting a Switch because paid online is even more stupid than Pokébank.
>>
>>32945279
Youre not forgiving, fucking cheater. Die. Now.
>>
It's just mediocre. You can get special pokemon from time to time like the regies or the johto starters with HA, even the celebi and Mewnium.
It would be great if it gives you something when you transfer pokemon from gen3-4 games, or if you can see your collection through PGL.
I had to change my 3DS for New 3DS and i couldn't transfer my NNID, so i literally lost a bunch of legendaries and pokemon from my old games, that ID shit is awful, it feels more like a chain than a tool.
>>
>>32949660
>injecting
>cheating
You're pretty retarded.
>>
>>32944692
typical inject fags
>lel you have to inject
>>
>>32949378
I am worried by the fact that Pokemon Bank is tied to my 3DS
>>
>>32949848
I'm pretty sure it's tied to your NNID. If you sign in with the same info, you should be able to use the same bank on multiple systems.
>>
>>32949650
Hasn't it been confirmed that some games won't have paid online? Assuming Pokemon will be one of the ones that won't.
>>
File: 1477555795816.jpg (46KB, 501x444px) Image search: [Google]
1477555795816.jpg
46KB, 501x444px
>>32949878
Thanks anon. Yesterday some hackers stole a lot of costumer's info from a web I browse, so I had to change all my passwords and, at the end, I was feeling really paranoid. Have this cute couple as a gratitude sign
>>
>>32944743
Not really. I have forgotten to renew my bank and after 2 months, every pokémon was still there.
>>
>>32944743
can confirm. Had boxes and boxes of mons for a living dex including my ev trained bro's for life, logged back on after probably over a year and they were all gone.
>>
>>32945420
But if you're cheating then what's the issue? You can just gen them back in.
>>
>>32949830
he's (notyou) right you know
>>
>>32944692
Mom dies of cancer? Lol just inject
>>
ok, I have a smaragd edition, how can I transfer my team to pokebank ?

Answer me plox
>>
>>32944636
>it's just 5 dollarios bruv! what are you poor or something? XD
This is the state of today's society. We're so used to getting fucked in the ass and paying for shit that used to be free that we make fun of those who don't want to suck on the big corporate cock.
>>
>>32951611
>Pal Park in a gen IV game (HG/SS recommended, because I think the day restriction is gone)
>transfer those Pokémon via Pokémon Transfer in gen V
>in gen V you can put them directly into Bank
>>
>>32949660
Verlis pls go
>>
>>32945899
Its the entire point of bank, you haven't seen it in a FAQ because they haven't released a main game for the switch yet.

>>32949428
>Why the fuck should I have to pay money for something that, not only was once free
Because it was never free, we didn't have it before, and mantaining servers isn't free. What we had before were workarounds to Nintendo's consoles adapted to pokemon's very specific needs.

>Pokemon files are small as fuck, so storing them doesn't exactly strain anything.
Those small files accumulate and it still costs something. Storing anything costs something.
>>
Poorfags on this site are astounding. The level of mental gymnastics to justify the vilification of the service is unprecedented. Nothing is ever good enough for you colossal cum chuggers. You're sperging out over a penny a day. It's an easier and better service than that fucknugget mini game we got in gen v to transfer Pokémon from DPPtHGSS to BWBW2. Five bucketload a year is nothing. If you can't, somehow, come up with that there is no excusing you. You are either lazy or a complete and utter fuck up not worthy of the oxygen you rob from the rest of the planet.

Beyond that, the service is entirely optional. If, for whatever reason your mental gymnastics justify, you decide against it... fine. Don't fucking use it. There's no need to make a post on a site REEEEEEEEEEing like a little faggot who can't get his way. Whatever moral high ground fags like OP mistakenly believe they have is instantly thrown away with the whiny bullshit said in this thread about being a shill or corporate tool.

Complain about a $5/year service. Fine, poor fag. Don't use it.

Complain about Nintendo charging for online service–despite every other home console doing the same for years now. Fine. Don't buy a switch either then.

Complain that sun and moon were "incomplete" and say they didn't care about the games. USM announced and you get bootyblasted that they're doing a third version–something only 2 gens out of 7 didn't have. Whatever, faggot. Don't buy the game.

This board was a fucking mistake. You NEETS, man children, and general drooling mongoloids don't deserve this SafeSpace™ bubble you created. Stop being contrarian just to disagree, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>32951823
>being this bootyblasted because there are people out there who don't feel like sucking big corporate cock
Thank god I'll never be this pathetic.
>>
>>32951952
Its 5 freaking dollars a YEAR.
Also, most criticism against bank are made from a pov that requires not getting what its all about.
>>
>>32945287
If your gonna pay for the service don't get your shit took
>>
>>32949896
They used the word "most," but that just means there's a possibility that a developer can make a game not have paid online, it doesn't mean they will. It's a defense thing, using vague words so they could go either way and nobody can complain that they said one thing and did another.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.