[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There will be no Pokemon Trainers, Tamers or any "unnaturally-learned"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

There will be no Pokemon Trainers, Tamers or any "unnaturally-learned" moves.
>He actually has a chance
>>
Should I be happy I have absolutely zero clue what these "Death Battles" are?
>>
>>32943954
funny for casuals, poison for nerds....basically
>>
>>32943917
My moneys in Lucario if only for the damage increase as he gets more wounded in battle like smash bros.

Because knowing Deathbattle they'll take into account smash rules
>>
>>32943979
>casuals
>nerds
Hey newfag if you're gonna be on this site you better start using our language
>>
>>32943917
So since a full evolved pokemon is on the level as an adult form digimon, this would be the equivalent of Charizard vs Agumon.

Pokemon vs Digimon just isn't a fair fight.
>>
>>32943917
I'd say that means no megas and no evolutions but Pokemon and digimon have done that without trainers/tamers in various media. If we are saying just down to these current forms I think I might give it to Lucario. Renamon is an okay fighter but her only real move is throwing sharp leaves
>>
>>32944204
Her moves are

Diamond Storm
Transformation
Teleportation
Tohachi Game (think of it like first punch)
and a lot of regular melee moves

The renamon line is more for support attacks.
>>
>>32944251
Renamon are supposed to be very intelligent too. So if she's clever about using those moves, she'd have a chance. Then again Lucario's aura whatever might let it see straight through any illusions.
>>
>>32944307
Aura senses negates Renamon's stealth
Extremespeed negates any speed advantage Renamon has
Has there ever been a time Renamon digivolved without a Tamer?
>>
>>32944415
well, considering how many Taomon we have seen that don't have tamers.
>>
>>32944415
All digimon can progress through their forms naturally, like aging. That's why there are digimon in the series (even those with tamers) that can stay stable at higher forms (Gatomon, Cyberdramon). A tamer gives them their 'energy' or whatever to temporarily boost them to higher forms.
>>
>>32944499
Do you think she'll at least reach Kyubimon during the fight?
>All digimon can progress through their forms naturally, like aging.
There was an elderly Mamemon in Frontier
>>
>>32944415
Digimon can evolve without human partners. It's just that usually it's permanent and takes a long time to happen, similar to Pokemon evolution. Human partners and their Digivices are what allow the protagonist Digimon to evolve to a higher form temporarily.

Technically a Renamon could evolve naturally in the middle of the fight, but it'd be like a Riolu happening to evolve into Lucario in the middle of a fight.
>>
>>32944517
It wouldn't be implausible for her to do so, but that's up to the death battle people to decide.

I guess it would be more accurate to say once they reach a certain level of strength they can evolve, and not necessarily with age. Just like that one time there was an elderly treecko in the Pokemon anime
>>
Looked up Renamon's feats in her base form.
Notable ones include taking a blow from Megadramon, surviving a fall from a skyscraper, fighting numerous Armor and Champion level Digimon, and dodging Pteramon's missiles easily

I don't think it'll be enough
>>
>>32944633
yeah, again, this comes down to something like Charizard vs Agumon. A fully evolved form Pokemon fighting a child level digimon is not a fair fight.
>>
>>32943917
So, no mega.
>>
File: CS_evo_tree_green.jpg (827KB, 3956x2577px) Image search: [Google]
CS_evo_tree_green.jpg
827KB, 3956x2577px
>>32944251
Don't forget, Diamond Storm is actually Magical Leaf, which might be slightly better if we assume compatibility.
>Diamond Storm: 100 power, 1/4 damage to Lucario
>Magical Leaf: 60 power, 1/2 damage to Lucario

This battle is going to be a salt mine no matter what happens. If Lucario can't mega evolve without a human, the fans will complain that some sources are ignored. If he can, the fans will complain that the "no humans" rule is only in place to nerf Renamon.
I think the *least* controversial outcome would be Lucario winning even without mega evolution (it would be comparing Lucario vs. Renamon specifically, not their potential final forms) but it wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion because neither side would be at their best.
>>
>>32944827
Nope, neither for either of them
Renamon would be lucky to even have her Champion form
>>
>TFW the Roman Reigns of Pokemon is going to win this
>>
>>32944499
>>32944517
Let's not forget about Pumpkinmon & Gotsumon (Adventure) and Gigimon & Babamon (Tamers). Also, i think i saw a random Dukemon in frontier.
>>
>>32944928
There was also digimon x-evolution where a dorumon progressed from rookie to mega just through experience- no humans present at all
>>
>>32943917
Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon > Digimon > Pokemon >
>>
DEATH BATTLE IS FUCKING CANCER THEY SAID TOPH WOULD BEAT GAARA

FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>32945034
How exactly? Gaara has her beaten in power and speed, not to mention being inhabited by a crazy powerful murder beast
>>
>>32944204
>"LUCARIO CAN MEGA EVOLVE WITH A SMASH BALL!"
>>
>>32945167
It was a shit episode
They probably didn't want to kill a 12 year old girl with blindness
>>
>>32943917

>wanting edgy mary sue pokemon to win
>>
>>32945206
Sorry Anon.
Gamefreak's Lightning's gonna win this with the current setup
>>
>>32945167

Toph was somehow able to see earth even while it wasn't in contact with ground

Toph was able to turn all of gara's sand into rock or something

they used toph's "feat" of trying to stop that one underground library from sinking in the desert as proof of her ridiculous strength, even though it is dubious how much of an impact she had on slowing it down, and I feel like Gaara's done better
>>
>>32943979
>poison for nerds
I still remember the OBD and their legion of fans. At least now no one gives a shit about fan calcs
>>
>all these people thinking a child level digimon couldn't take a fully evolved pokemon

Lucario only has a chance if let him Mega Evolve but don't let Renamon evolve, or if they play up Lucario's Aura abilities vs Renamon's focus on confusing her opponent.
>>
Lucario wins because deathbattle is Screen cap this
>>
>>32944173
>So since a full evolved pokemon is on the level as an adult form digimon
Lol no.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 181x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 181x272px
>>32945206
>they give him thunder armor,smash ball evolution,and the rage mechanic from smash
>they explain it as being a Mary Sue being an actual ability of his
>yfw
>>
>>32945264
Only advantage I can see Renamon have is her fire based attacks
Otherwise Lucario has a wider movepool with attacks like Power Up Punch increasing its strength, more feats, Aura counters Renamon's stealth, and Extremespeed negates any speed advantage Renamon has
>>
>>32945328
>Extremespeed negates any speed advantage
Somehow I don't think Lucario can win by spamming Extremespeed
>>
>>32943917
So Mega Lucario and Sakuyamon BTFO?
>>
Why does Lucario have that rage ability in smash anyways? Is it a weird interpretation of Justified?
>>
>>32945694
No because Hidden Abilities didn't exist till two years after Brawl.
>>
File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
Stop watching Death Battle
>>
The match depends if Lucario is proud of its power or not
>>
>>32943917
stfu ScrewAttack. Stop advertising your show on here.
>>
>If Renamon digivolves it's bullshit because that'd be plot
>If Renamon doesn't digivolve it's bullshit because it'd make the match seemed rigged
lose/lose situation
>>
>>32943917
Fuck off with your autism show made by autists for autists. Nobody gives a shit about Autism Battle.
>>
File: monkey_smoking_1a.jpg (17KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
monkey_smoking_1a.jpg
17KB, 450x300px
>>32945732
Don Tel Me Wha Do
>>
help me /vp/
which digimon games i should play? i really liked the anime but i never played any of the games
>>
>>32947852
Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>32944733
The Renamon in Tamers is much stronger than Tai's Agumon. Her fully evolved form is weaker than WarGreymon though.
>>
>>32945234
>First paragraph
I know it's hard to be non-biased, but this guys don't even try.

>Second
Apparently they haven't watched much Avatar either.

>Third
Pretty dumb too. She was struggling ffs. How is that "a showmanship of tremendous strength"?
>>
File: e2f.gif (101KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
e2f.gif
101KB, 500x280px
>>32943917
Digimon are OP as fuck. So naturally renamon is going to win. Scre Attack already did MLP shit and Scrooge mcDuck so I'm just waiting for a Popeye vs.
>>
>>32948644
>Apparently they haven't watched much Avatar either
Actually, Toph CAN shift the sands into sandstones, but that's about it.
If anything, Toph should've lose. Even without taking Gaara's feats into account, sand itself causes Toph's vision to go "fuzzy". Forget winning, I doubt she can even hit him.
>>
>>32943917
So no mega?
>>
>>32948675
If it stays Renamon, Lucario will (probably) win. If it digivolves, it will win and not even Mega-Lucario could stop it.
It literally comes down to how Death Battle chooses to interpret their own limitation on the battle.
>>
They're really vying for that furry audience with this one.
>>
>>32943917
So they are just going to ignore the fact that a Digimon doesn't NEED a partner to evolve. Makes sense.
>>
>>32945724
Did the rage aura exist in Brawl? I thought it was a new thing that Smash 4 introduced which made it stupidly strong since it stacked with the normal rage effect.
>>
>>32951862
See >>32946826
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.