[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We settle this for once and for all. All fossil pokemon are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 142-Aerodactyl.png (157KB, 800x483px) Image search: [Google]
142-Aerodactyl.png
157KB, 800x483px
We settle this for once and for all.

All fossil pokemon are rock type. This is because
>Coincidence. The fossil pokemon we find just happen to be rock typed
>Rock type pokemon are more likely to be fossilized
>The revival process makes them rock typed
>Rock type pokemon were more common in the past
>>
C.
>>
>the fossil was a rock
I'm not sure it goes any farther than that, ridiculously enough.
>>
>>32943431
C.
>>
>>32943431
C
>>
They become rock through fossilisation.
>>
C is the only one that makes sense to me.
>>
File: Bastiodon.gif (487B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Bastiodon.gif
487B, 32x32px
>>32943431
It's C.
Also, it makes sense because a fossil is when rock sediments "leak" in to the mostly porous sponge-like nature of bones and shit, thus making a sort of bone/rock hybrid.

I bet you these pokemon were something else originally typewise, but became corrupted as a result of the revival process.

The question is:

Why hasn't Pokemon created a reboot of Fossil pokemon with their original type, and what types would these pokemon originally had?
>>
>>32943431
I like the sound of B, but then you've got archeops. C seems popular, but I think >>32943743 has the right idea. The way fossilization works is that skeletons/carcasses are replaced by minerals bit by bit, which would clearly point to old pokemon being turned into rock types by the process.
>>
>>32943795
>Aero
Pure flying maybe dual dragon
>kabuto
Pure water, maybe dual bug
>omanyte
Likely was rock/water all along water/steel in my dreams
>armaldo
Bug/water
>cradily
Grass/water
>cranidos
Rock all along?
>shieldon
Pure steel
>archen
Flying/normal? Pure flying?
>carracosta
Pure water. Water/rock is a possibility
>aurorus
Ice/dragon? Ice/water? Pure ice?
>tyrantrum
Dragon? Dragon/dark?
>>
I've done some thinking on this myself, because I love fossil Pokémon. All of them from Kanto and a couple from Hoenn are some of my favorites.

Simple logic would lead you to believe that over the millennia the DNA which is extracted to revive fossil Pokémon has been infused with the rock that surrounded it. In other words, Omanyte and Kabuto may have been pure water before they went extinct, but the process of fossilization caused their types to change in accordance with their rocky prisons.

Coincidentally, however, this theory prevails over every other except in the case of the Pokémon you posted--coincidentally the best fossil Pokémon--Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl are revived not from sediment, but rather a piece of Old Amber (which I'm assuming encases only a portion of the Pokémon; maybe a wing or scale.) There is no rock in plant matter, and if we follow our original line of thinking it should be clear that Aerodactyl would have absorbed the Grass type making it Grass/Flying.

This is obviously not he case, leading one to throw out the textbook and assume either A) Aerodactyl was a Rock/Flying type and did not go through the same transfer process as the rest of the fossil Pokémon, adopting the type after revival, B) All fossil Pokémon just so happen to be rock types, or C) the Old Amber literally hardened the DNA to the point where the process metaphorically and thematically transforms revived Aerodactyl into the rock type whereas it was originally only flying.

My money's on C, but the actual answer is the Old Amber is just a Jurassic Park reference and they weren't thinking about it.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>32943452
>>32943743
Old Amber isn't a rock though.

>>32943795
>>32943913
Original Aerodactyl was still Rock Flying
>>
>>32943431
B and D
>>
>>32943913
Aero is Rock Flying since it dna came from amber
/Cranidos/Rampardos is Normal type (it just got over written by the more defined Rock type)
>>
>>32943431
actually to be honest, at least anime wise, the fossil pokemon look the same in the past, implying they were all still Rock back then. i think in that sense that its both A and D, the fossilmons found all just happen to be Rock type, and that there were more of them in the past aka the STONE age, until the mass extinctions took care of them
>>
>>32944106
I think Aero is just a special case of actually being that type before fossilization
>>
>>32944658
this has to be one of the least intelligent posts on this board
>>
>>32943448
>Thread
>>
>>32944724
Maybe you're just too stupid to understand what's going on in this thread. This is a legit argument, rather than the "DURR UR AN OWLFAG" "FUK U BARAFAG" shit that you're used to participating in, retard.
>>
>>32943431

It would have been interested to see what they looked like in "original" form. Imagine if the revival process restored them completely to that state.
>>
>>32944724
>A legitimate answer to OP's question
>least intelligent
If you honestly think that, I would like to ask you to rethink your life.
>>
>>32943431
Both B and C can be correct depending on which fossilmon.

D might have some truth to it since relicanth is a thing but let's just ignore that as an outlier.
>>
I personally think it's C. The resurrection process cannot fully restore the missing DNA from the extinct creature therefore gibing the rock typing.

If this were true you'd think GF would already have brought out Resurrection Forms of the most popular fossil mons as a sales boost.

Also, they should do it mon based on more recently extinct creatures found in ice and give an ice typing. Ex. A Ground/Water Mammoth fossil mon.
>>
>>32948345
Damn. I meant Ground/Ice Mammoth Mon.
>>
>>32943913
Aurorus is Ice/Electric, as it learns Thunder Wave through level-up and multiple Electric moves through TM
>>
>>32948214
Imagine if game freak actually did something cool for once and had either a time travel segment or a cave/island where they'd survived, where you could find the original forms of them.
>>
>>32943913
Tyrantrum could be originally Rock/Dragon
>>
It's because fuck you
>>
>>32943913

A lot of fossilmons are just "reptiles" if you drop their primary rock typing, and you don't get a clue of what "else" was in their original design, I.e heliolosk is normal/electric, venusaur is poison/grass, blastoise is water, turtunator is fire/dragon.
>>
>>32943431

A lot of them seem like they were naturally rock type and were hinted by it in their dex entries. In some there's no explanation for it and therefore it would lead me to believe they are indeed rock because they were restored from a fossil.
>>
>>32943431
C is dumb.
Mixture of B and D.
>>
>>32943431
>Stone age
>>
Relicanth is a living fossil.

In real world terms that means it has not evolved since prehistoric times.

It is Rock/Water.
>>
>>32948849
But during the stone age...!
>>
>>32943431
B and D.
The most likely pokemon to be preserved are those with hard parts and "true" steel type pokemon did not exist yet.
If you think of the evolutionary arms race, you start with Normal, Water, and Bug. Water because life started in the ocean, Bug because many primitive life forms were vaguely arthropedic, and Normal because it's, well, normal.
Pokemon with tough armor better resist the unfocused battering of primitive, normal attacks, and can be used to crush the bug types most likely used as food.
Water attacks are likely underdeveloped because either A: A large chunk of prey species resist water, and B, early Water pokemon had a hard time moving to land.
Thus, with virtually no weaknesses, it would only make sense to adopt rock typing, even if only through thick hides or shells as opposed to "true" rock-ness. Later on, many types developed to combat the rock type, which is why Rock has so many weaknesses. It also handily explains Bastiodon's proto-Steel typing, as it had to defend against rock-type attackers

Support: Relicanth is Rock type despite not being reanimated, and was alive at the time.

I doubt the reanimation changed them, because you aren't "ressurecting" the pokemon, you are cloning it. If you were ressurecting it, you would only be getting the skull of a Cranidos or the shell of an omanyte, when there is clearly a whole pokemon. That's the entire point of the Old Amber reference. If something looses a leg, gets covered in parasites, or gets coated in rock, this is not reflected in its DNA.
Plus, why wouldn't Aerodactyl be Flying/Grass then? It was coated in tree, not rock.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.