[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you didn't pick charmander on your first play through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 004Charmander_OS_anime.png (81KB, 927x1044px) Image search: [Google]
004Charmander_OS_anime.png
81KB, 927x1044px
If you didn't pick charmander on your first play through or hell any play through you are a fucking faggot.

Who in their right mind would reject a fire Pokemon when they are so fucking rare? You are surrounded by plants and water all the time but you are never surrounded by fucking fire.

Bonus points if you knew it was like picking the hardest difficulty. This fucker forced me to evolve a Nidoran to defeat Brock and later have fucking Nidoking. God bless charmander.
>>
Why are firefags such pretentious assholes
>>
>>32942478
You're stupid.
>>
>>32942478
Aaaah yes, the PU-starter type
>>
>>32942478
>Hardest difficulty
>Used Nidoking
>>
>>32942510
What does that even mean? pls explain so a non-autist understands
>>
>You are surrounded by plants and water all the time but you are never surrounded by fucking fire.

that's because fire is usually destructive if uncontrolled. I chose Squirtle first playthrough but always pick Charmander nowadays.

Charizard is great because he learns Fly in Pkmn Yellow.
>>
>>32942517
I was fucking 8
>>
File: best.jpg (53KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
53KB, 491x500px
Because I chose the best starter.
>>
>>32942539
^This man is a genius.
>>
>>32942478
>He didn't defeat brock with ember burns and smokescreen alone
>Dares to talk about hardest difficulty
I'm sorry to be the one telling you this, but you're the faggot, OP. You've always been.
>>
>>32942528
It shows, you picked Charmander.
>>
>>32942478
Fire-types are useless in gen 1 and Pokemon games are always easy. Also I picked Blastoise because it was funny stomping retards who believed in muh Charizard bullshit.
>>
>>32942620
>Fire-types are useless in gen 1
How so?
>>
>>32942629
There were no Steel types in gen 1
>>
>>32942500
Thin-skinned due to being penetrated by rocks constantly.
>>
>>32942478
Charizard is the most boring gen 1 starter. You don't see tree toads often in fantasy, you don't see gun turtles often in fantasy, everyone and their mother see fire breathing dragons
>>
File: 1498105131192.png (194KB, 249x294px) Image search: [Google]
1498105131192.png
194KB, 249x294px
>>32942478
>Who in their right mind would reject a fire Pokemon when they are so fucking rare?
maybe we thought a fictional video game would be more balanced? Say what you will about gen 7, they gave you a nice volcano full of fire types very early on. Wish more regions did the same.
Granted, I still like charizard and still pick it like 40% of the time (mostly because I don't like any of the other fire starters besides the fucking monkey), but you're still a flaming homosexual, OP.
>>
>>32942793
This is pretty acceptable reasoning at first glance.
>>
I dont mind Char.

I would never in my life pick Fennekin though.
>>
>>32942478
>You are surrounded by plants and water all the time but you are never surrounded by fucking fire.
You are completely incorrect on the water front. The first Water mon you have opportunity to get in Gen 1 or 3 non-Yellow Kanto games is Magikarp before Mt Moon (requires dedicated grind and doesn't learn any Water attacks naturally until endgame), followed by a ton of mons you can fish with Good/Super Rod obtained on your road to Fuchsia after getting Pokeflute, which is basically halfway through the game. By comparison the first Grass mon is Oddish/Bellsprout north of Cerulean, while the first Fire mon is Growlithe/Vulpix near Lavender.
That's assuming you're even bothering with type cores instead of simply focusing on select few mons that can each steamroll vast majority of opponents while covering those they can't for each other.
>>
>>32942478
Thoughts on incineroar?
>>
>>32943182
Still, that Karp was worth every Pokedollar when it evolved.
>>
don't play with fire, kids
>>
>Charmander having trouble against Brock

Nice meme.
>>
>>32942629
Grass-types get smacked by Flying-type moves or Ice-type moves (90% accurate Blizzard, anyone?), Bug-types are all shit, and the only Ice-type that isn't smashed by Electric moves is Jynx who falls over to any physical attack. Fire-types also have notoriously bad movepools.

They're utterly worthless.
>>
>>32942478
The funny thing is you can beat Brock in gen 1 with nothing more than a Butterfree using confusion. His pokemon don't know any rock moves and confusion targets Special rather than Defense. But my reasoning for picking Charmander and fire pokemon on the whole is because of their rarity in the games most of the time. Hell look at Diamond and Pearl if you need proof of that. But usually it's also because there are water or grass pokemon I rather use besides the starters.
>>
>>32943465
Adding to that 3 out of 5 genwun Ice types are paired with Water and Fire doesn't even resist Ice in Gen 1, making Fire mons a shaky answer even to Jynx and Articuno.
>>
>>32943486
You've already been debunked on that front. Water mons become obtainable much later than Fire ones outside of Magikarp.
>>
>>32942524
On average, the fire starter will be the worst option out of the three, due to poor offensive variety. Water gets ice and sometimes ground, Grass gets poison, but most fire types get just fire moves in-game. Some notable exceptions include Infernape, which is the best fire type available pre-e4, and Charizard, who gets dragon moves due to the X mega.
>>
>>32943512
Thanks for moving the goal post.
>>
I feel that Squirtle is both the cutest and coolest starter. Felt that way when I first played, got through the entire game without evolving it. It's still the best starter, but Ivysaur is the best in any of the starter lines so picking Bulbasaur is a better payoff in the end. How exactly would you know about the lack of Fire types anyway? Especially because I assume you'd have started Red or Blue as a kid. I don't know about you but I didn't think that way when I was 5.
>>
>>32942629
There were ZERO viable fire types in Gen 1 Uber or OU tiers.
>>
>>32942556
>Didn't just grind Charmander so you had a Charizard before Brock
>>
>>32942539
Ah, good another Bulbabro. But no really i've always disliked Charmander and it's whole line except Charmeleon. Autistic fat fuck not dragon always made me happy to take it out in pokemon blue. Now days zard looks better but the hatred runs deep. Zard y is a good design at least
>>
>>32943855
lol, just having fire spin was enough to be viable
>>
>>32943498
don't forget 22% of the Kanto dex is Water
>>
>>32942478
Are we talking about as kids or adults?

If we mean kids, then yes I agree with you. What kind of fucked up, strange child would pass on a fire dragon for a turtle or plant frog? That is a kid I would not want to sit next to.

As an adult, I grew to appreciate bulbasaur as well. Though charmander is still objectively the best choice.
>>
>>32942478
arcanine is my favorite genwun pokemon and overlapping types trigger my autism.
>>
>>32942478
>If you didn't pick charmander on your first play through
>Who in their right mind would reject a fire Pokemon when they are so fucking rare?
you didn't know that on your first playthrough faggot
>>
>>32943993
>Dragon
A-anon come on now. But yeah i went with bulba in blue but used all three in yellow. However in every other game i could obtain a kanto starter its always benn bulba
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.