[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This deserves its own thread How can one person have such shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (78KB, 750x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 750x407px
This deserves its own thread
How can one person have such shit taste? Ill take the spam over this
>>
>>32941344
The only good thing is ORAS is the DexNav
>>
>>32941344
t. sinnohfetus
>>
>>32941344
ORAS was good, more than FRLG but not at at all as great as HGSS.
Still a better game than XY and SM.
>>
>>32941359
ORAS is pretty fucking shit.

Like I can't even call ORAS a game i'd want to play. its a tedious core of a game that lacks charm and polish.

The phy/spe split raped the viability of a fuck ton of g1-3 mons, and with the game beinf g1-3 with minimal exception until lategame, you have a very limited usable pokemon pool.

ORAS is legitimately the only game where I can only think of cookie cutter teams. I can't really think of a viable alternitive to this. There's maybe a half dozen other viable pokemon, but phys/spe split fucked up ORAS.

Blazakin, Gardivior, Crowbat, Sharpedo, Frosslass, and Aggron.

Sinoh might not be to your tastes, but at least it's not based on mechanics that dont exist anymore. It's pokemon stat design is actually coherant.
>>
>>32941430
Other core game viable options included Armoldo, Manectric, Scarmory, Breloom, Swellow, and Walreign. Might be 1-5 sleepers I didnt mention. I'm also excluding megas, legendaries, and late game mons like metagross and salamance.
>>
File: job.gif (937KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
job.gif
937KB, 500x375px
In any case : HGSS a shit
>>
>>32941430
That's a very poor reason to hate a game as much as you do.
>"Wah wah there aren't enough competitive Pokémon until the post-game"
>>
>>32941344
Jesus Christ you're pathetic.
>>
>>32941344
>board gets raided
>everything we had got purged
>and when the board comes back
>this is the kind of threads people decide to make
I'm actually hoping we get raided again just so shit like this can get purged. We fucking deserved to get raided for being such an underage board.
>>
HGSS > ORAS > XY/SM > FRLG
>>
>>32941430
>reddit spacing
Fuck off.
>>
HGSS > SM > ORAS > FRLG > XY
>>
but that anon is right underage phoneposter
>>
Seriously though, acting like HGSS copying Platinum's BF is at all comparable to ORAS copying XY's Maison is completely retarded and intentionally ignoring any context around the games' releases.

DP had the barest minimum of what to expect from post-game battle facilities, a Battle Tower. Platinum improved that by adding in 4 new facilities. It's arguable if it's better or worse than Emerald's Frontier, but it's objectively an improvement from DP, and this is on top of other new post-game content, such as Gym Leader rematches.

Now with HGSS, the main expectations from fans was if it had everything Crystal had. And HGSS delivered. It had everything Crystal had, plus other new content like Gym Leader and E4 rematches, the Pokeatholon, and they threw in Platinum's Battle Frontier too, which is an improvement over Crystal's Battle Tower. There was no reason to be disappointed, it's everything people wanted and more. And Platinum's BF, even if you didn't like it as much as Emerald's, is better than what we got in either DP or Crystal. HGSS didn't really need to improve on it.

Even with just copy and pasting Platinum's Battle Frontier, HGSS had everything the original GSC had and more, and it had better battle facilities than the Gen IV starting game DP.
>>
>>32941858
Now with Gen VI, XY comes out and has the barest minimum for post-game. There's a Battle Tower equivalent with the Battle Maison, the looker sidequest, a couple legendaries, and not much more. It's actually had a bit less to do post-game than DP and BW had, only really beating out RBY and RS. People hope that we'll get an expanded version, possibly called Z, that will massively improve on the post-game and the battle facilities, just like Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 did. But the next game announced is ORAS.

So ORAS now has two different expectations going for it. People expect it to have everything important that Emerald had and more, just like HGSS did with Crystal, and people expect it to have more content than XY did. And what do we get? ORAS has almost nothing from Emerald in it. None of the story changed, none of the few extra areas, no Battle Frontier, no Gym Leader rematches, not even the Leader's improved Emerald teams. And the post-game Battle Facilty is just XY's Battle Maison again, copy and pasted with barely any change. ORAS failed on two different fronts. It didn't have everything people wanted out of a remake - it's got more content than RS sure, but it doesn't have what Emerald had. And it didn't improve enough over what XY had.

And that's why people always complain about the Battle Frontier. Because if ORAS had that it would have solved both problems at once. ORAS would now have the biggest extra feature that Emerald had, and its battle facilities would be a huge improvement over what XY had.
>>
>>32941862
just posting to say that you're right but i wish people would stop using crystal as a point in HGSS's favor since it added fuck all
>>
>>32941883
Not the same dude, but Gen 2/remakes had fuck all story to begin with. You see Team Rocket TWICE before their endgame with no real coherent plan.

Crystal had a little something more so them basically remaking Crystal into HG/SS is most certainly a point in their favor since they didn't leave it that extra bit out.

They even included the extra bits Crystal gave like the secret rooms with Unown text in the Ruins of Alph.
>>
>>32941883
>Ruins of Alph Puzzles
>Battle Tower
>sprite Animations
>Legendary battle music
>Celebi event
>move tutors
>>
>>32941430
>viability in a children's video game
I could boot up ORAS and clear it right now with the worst Pokemon the region offers. I don't know what you're smoking but viability isn't an ORAS issue. It's not an issue in any Pokemon game.
>>
platinum > games that are not platinum
>>
>>32943561
t. charon
>>
Go fuck off OP, ORAS are the best games to date.
>>
>>32943539
>>32941592
Competitive is a strong word. You dont need to be competitive to clear the basegame. You just need a roster that isnt shit, and there's very few pokemon who aren't shitmon in oras.

On top of pokemon balance problems, EXP share pretty much breaks the game if you use it, and the old item was fun and balanced, so a core aspect of training got its balance fucked. You also have Granite Cave being fully busted and outright unaccessable until 10 levels past its intended point (artificially gating some potentially good earlygame pickups like Aron, Sableye, and Mawile). And multiple fast travels. And a wellfare legendary half way through the game.

I just cant think of a reason to want to play oras over emerald.
>>
>>32941430
>The phy/spe split raped the viability of a fuck ton of g1-3 mons
it also upped the viability of a ton of them.
>>
>>32941344

what does it say that I hated gen 3 but kind of liked ORAS?

I think getting pokemon with egg moves/HAs was that big of a deal for me
>>
>>32944196
A select few used it as a massive steroid, the rest got absolutely fucked, or had a low enough stat budget that they werent viable before the change, and still arent now.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.