[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the correct way to play Pokemon? I'm a perfectionist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
What is the correct way to play Pokemon? I'm a perfectionist, so it's pretty rough.

Only catch the Pokemon I intent to us? Catch all?
Only use 3-4 Pokemon for the entire game so they have high lvs? Discard any Pokemon as soon as you get a better one or keep them out of loyalty? Release them as soon as they are dead?

What is your playstyle
>>
>>32939598
6 mon team always, even if it takes a little grinding
only exception is hgss, you have to grind a fuckton for the e4 even if you only run 3 mons
>>
>>32939598
In XY, ORAS, and S&M, I've been running with EXP share, but offsetting that with a far, far larger party, sometimes upwards of 20 mons.

I'm planning on doing a Nuz-lite of Ultra, assuming nothing huge changes. Catch 1 of everything, if it faints I box it. Maybe I can use/toss revives I find to bring someone back.
>>
>>32939608
6 is way too much, unless you accept that the last 3 get KO'd with 1 hit. This is too much grinding.

3 is perfect. And then after I beat the game anx maxed them out I pick a new team of 3 and start at the beginning again.I feel a much stronger connection this way desu
>>
>>32939598
play until i come upon a pokemon i definitely cant live without. then catch it.
>>
1. Can only catch up to 10 pokemon all game.
1a. Must be pokemon you've never used before
1b. MUST box starter (doesn't count toward 10 count)
2. No grinding
2a. No EXP share
3. Must have at least 3 pokemon who aren't nicknamed
4. Must beat the Elite Four
4a. Post game is not necessary except for Gen 2 and Platinum
>>
ITT: Autism.
>>
There isn't one. The entire point of the series is that freedom to use a party that you choose.
>>
Nuzlocke
>>
>>32939668
Yes but the point of the series is also to bond with your Ppokemon and use your imagination.

It was never the point to replace your pokemon with the strongest possible every 10 minutes, just to play in easy mode.

The point is to experience hardship with your Pokemon and try to be successful even with Pokemon which are weak or which you dislike.
>>
>>32939631
I have a personnal workaround for deaths in nuzlockes, I can only revive a dead mon with a rare candy. Their number is pretty limited in game, and I prohibit myself to use the ones got from zigzagoon and such.
Also I can revive a mon only once.
That way I can feel the death, be scared as hell, but still have some second chances.
>>
I'm going through a run on HG right now where I only use "natural" 'mons. For example, Pokemon that closely resemble their real world counterparts, like Ursaring.
>>
>>32939598
>Rule 5: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL. This will be severely punished and strictly enforced.
>>
>>32939887
Catching them and letting them rot in the box is heartless desu

I only catch if I'm planning to train them
>>
>>32939631
>In XY, ORAS, and S&M, I've been running with EXP share, but offsetting that with a far, far larger party, sometimes upwards of 20 mons.

This is how you're SUPPOSED to play X/Y and why all the anti-EXP Share idiots are retarded.

My first play through, I had a team of 20 (catching a new party member from most major locations) and I was between 5-10 levels lower than everything the Elite 4 had, which made them reasonably challenging.

Literally the worst thing about the older Pokemon games is that there's no point catching anything past the first couple of Routes because grinding things up to match your party takes too long, AND because having a full team of six usually turns the whole game into an underlevelled grind. X/Y fixed this completely in the absolute best way and people hated on it for it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.