[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been on /vp/ in a long time and I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3199.png (44KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3199.png
44KB, 300x287px
I haven't been on /vp/ in a long time and I haven't played pokemon for a while either.
What's with ULTRA s&m? They seem like 'sequels' with no new Pokémon, just very few new forms and probably a new (insert mechanic here, it was mega evolution now it's z-moves). Sun And Moon are mostly why I temporarily dropped the series, they're just kind of boring, I don't want another boring game.
Is there anything I missed that indicated these will be good? Or at least better than S&M?
>>
>>32932699
Its basically a third version. If you didn't like any of GS, RS or DP, but liked Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum respectively, you may like USM while not liking SM.
>>
>>32932699
>They seem like 'sequels' with no new Pokémon, just very few new forms and probably a new (insert mechanic here, it was mega evolution now it's z-moves).
You mean like BW2?
>>
>>32932699
We have no definitive information as of yet on what exactly UltraSun and UltraMoon will bring to the series. We know it's going to be Alola all over again. People are hoping that these games are improvements on Sun/Moon. As in, adding new content, placing buildings where there currently are construction areas in S/M, maybe a real pokemon league etc. But all we know for sure is that it's going to be a "different telling" of the S/M story. Take that as you will, Nintendo has been vague on purpose. We're going to have to wait for another announcement.
>>
>>32932716
You realize this is gamefreak right? You're expecting too much.
>>
>>32932699
I haven't been on /vp/ in a long time and I haven't played pokemon for a while either.
What's with Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/BW2? They seem like 'sequels' with no new Pokémon, just very few new forms and probably a new (insert mechanic here, it was _____ now it's ____). __________ are mostly why I temporarily dropped the series, they're just kind of boring, I don't want another boring game.
Is there anything I missed that indicated these will be good? Or at least better than ____?
>>
>>32932699
You've basically just described third versions, op.
>>
>>32933059
>>32933055
The difference is that while 3rd versions are usually better, they actually have a good starting point. They don't have much to work with, seriously they're 50% gameplay 50% cutscene.
>>
>>32932838
I'm not expecting anything. I know gamefreak by now. What I'm saying is that many people, both here and around the pokemon fandom, have high hopes for UltraSun/UltraMoon. I do not share this sentiment. If you're curious, my personal hope is that there are more places to explore as I get the most enjoyment in pokemon games out of the exploration aspect. Now as to whether Gamefreak will deliver anything close to the expectations, is another story altogether.
>>
>>32932699
If you haven't played in a while, how do you know that SM are boring?
This bait is weak.
>>
>>32933396
Well given they don't know what a third version is liked, its likely they are terribly young, and to people that young, half a year is a long time.
>>
We don't know.

If you choose to believe Chinese leaks, it's a BW2 scenario, but it's an AU where the MC wasn't present for the story of SM. And if you choose to believe /vp/ leaks from months ago, there'll be some new Battle Facility stuff.
>>
>>32932699
>no new pokemon
>very few new forms
>new mechanic

You literally dont know any of this to be true. Sit down and shut the fuck up while we wait for actual information instead of complaining about what you think 'seems to be'.
>>
>>32933225
BW was the same yet people loved BW2.

Also
>being an autistic kid with ADHD
Please go.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.