[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides the Pokémon themselves, dungeons are the most important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: maps.jpg (598KB, 1518x1104px) Image search: [Google]
maps.jpg
598KB, 1518x1104px
Besides the Pokémon themselves, dungeons are the most important part of the games and exploring them is always the high point of adventure.
>>
dungeon in pokemon were never good, it just happens that now they don't even exist
>>
File: 1432847736231.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1432847736231.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>32931957

>mfw i expected a big dungeon in wela volcano path, but it's just a trainer battle and a cave teleporting you to kiawe
>>
>>32931979
I know that feeling, bro. I hope for a true dungeon in USUM, not just a linear path with three patches of grass and a trainer...
>>
I think they do add a feeling of challenge, but really the experience is of being delayed and desperately wanting to progress to the exit. I think the best dungeons contain strong trainers or unique Pokemon and an obvious and elegant movement puzzle. Ice Cave is really the only one that gets a pass in my opinion, that isn't tedious or uninteresting.
>>
>>32931957
whats the one in the bottom middle?
>>
>>32932119
>being delayed
You can't be delayed when you're already at the point you want to be, which is exploring the dungeon.
>>
>>32932119
which is not to say that the distortion world or meteor falls aren't good for their atmospheres - their graphics and music
>>
>>32932120
Stark Mountain in Platinum, it looks different from D/P.
>>
>>32931957
Fuck the Tin Tower and the bullshit teleporters it had, it should've been the one that burned down.
>>
File: 111.jpg (25KB, 280x234px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
25KB, 280x234px
>>32931979
>mfw the way down is longer than the way up
I hope they just didn't have the time to work on it in SM and try to put something in USUM
>>
>>32932146
teleporters are the worst "puzzle" always
>>
>>32932119
I think all of johto's were pretty good. Dark cave was a pain but gsc union cave and mt mortar were so mysterious and like blended the outside and inside together well, with multiple exists, so it didn't seem like one pointless mess
>>
>>32931979
I was so disappointed when i first played through the game and expected the same thing, it was like a slap in the face.
>>
>>32931957
Dungeons in Pokémon have basically never been good.
>Strength puzzle
>Teleport tile puzzle
>Spinning tile puzzle/Ice sliding puzzle
>Literally just a regular route but indoors and with random encounters everywhere instead of in patches of grass
I just described basically every dungeon in the series. There are exceptions, but they shouldn't be exceptions in the first place. They should be the rule.
>>
>>32932288
>not moving panels
>>
>>32932119
To me, all the Tapu Caves are dungeons because they feature: An obvious Strength Puzzle, a Unique Pokemon at the end, and it makes me desperately want to progress to the exit because it's so fucking boring.
>>
>>32932821
they're pretty much the same thing anyway, trial and error where you just step on a tile and let the game dictate where you end up
>>
>>32932803
would you prefer routes that straight lines with optional patches of grass flanking the sides?
A conveniently placed pokemon center so you can go heal after every battle?
>>
This is why we need the Battle Pyramid back

It's like Mystery Dungeon built into the main game itself
We just need one area like that, something randomly generated that can keep the exploration factor going forever
>>
File: lownine-vera2.jpg (228KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
lownine-vera2.jpg
228KB, 800x800px
>>32931979
>>32932151

I'm definetly expecting to see Wela Volcano expanded,
I think there were even a few caves you could see the entrances too but not explore yourself

Same with Brooklet Hill
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.