[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ - Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 26

File: nuzgen2.png (129KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
nuzgen2.png
129KB, 650x650px
/vp/ is kill edition

Discuss nuzlocke, post teams, discuss alt rules, brag about aces.

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>>
>>32916755

old thread before the apocalypse

also, i want to update the pastebins on OP, suggestions on what to add/remove?
>>
dudes not again
>>
>trying to Nuzlocke Pokemon White
Holy fuck. This is hard. The difficulty spikes pretty fast and there are maybe 2 areas per city for you to catch a new Pokemon.

I just lost my Darumaka right before Burgh's Gym and I'm thinking about restarting.
>>
>>32922947
wait until you're dead first
>>
File: emeraldupdate2.png (35KB, 1475x450px) Image search: [Google]
emeraldupdate2.png
35KB, 1475x450px
Right before Norman. While I grind a bit do you think I could use a 5th member? Also, I have 2 Trapinch boxed as well.

>>32922947
That's a shame, Darumaka carries runs. Then again, I don't remember Burgh being the biggest challenge so maybe you'll be fine?
>>
>>32923277
if you're playing vanilla you're already quite overleved. just go beat dad already
>>
>>32923277
I like what you've done with your template, Anon

May be worth sticking Shedinja on as his Linoone can't touch it & would otherwise be fairly dangerous with Belly Drum. I'm not too sure about the best way to deal with the Vigoroth/Slaking as they both have Faint Attack - if you're not against overlevelling then Camerupt would do well, otherwise I guess it'd be down to Confuse Ray
>>
>>32923323
vigoroth is not that much of a threat unless you give him a status to boost facade

you can always dig or protect to make slaking useless. the big threat is linoone if norman still have any potions to heal it back to full health after belly drum
>>
File: CRIT SHADOW BALL.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
CRIT SHADOW BALL.png
6KB, 240x160px
Thanks for the advice, guys.
I'm a little worried about Faint Attack but it's coming off of Slaking's (inferior) special attack so hopefully Solrock can tank those.

I'll definitely bring Shedinja along as an emergency card.
>>
>>32923337
Don't think any of his mons can learn Protect & it's not available as a TM until Lilycove. Suppose Numel could use Dig though

>Vigoroth
>not that much of a threat
One swept half my team in Cuck. Aside from that it's faster than anything on his team bar Crobat, hits hard, has Faint Attack to deal with Solrock & can't be put to sleep or otherwise status'd by Gloom
>>
>>32923346
>Faint Attack coming off of Slaking's (inferior) special attack
Oh shit year was still going off physical/special split. Nm then Solrock away
>>
File: HGNuzlocke.png (379KB, 1720x1086px) Image search: [Google]
HGNuzlocke.png
379KB, 1720x1086px
I took a savage surprise at my 4th Gym. I lost nearly a full party to a surprise Lv.25 Gengar I did not expect to ruin us so hard between crits and status. Eevee eventually sacrificed herself to prevent the wipe, being doomed by Mean Look to reduce Gengar's defense/accuracy/PP
The Struggle literally killed her and Sobek went beast mode

Thank fuck I have so many backups, even if half of them are poison.
Scyther doesn't have a name yet, any suggestions?
>>
>>32923495
Oh shit Crotus just evolved
>>
File: HABEEBIT.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
HABEEBIT.png
5KB, 240x160px
Crobat lucked Linoone with Confuse Ray but I trust that Shedinja would've walled it anyway. Had to keep Solrock at full at pretty much all times because crit Faint Attack does a fuckton (and he did crit his first one).

Hopefully I'll find a good fifth member soon.

>>32923495
>>32923553
Good stuff, Golbat/Crobat are insanely good. Sad to see Eevee go though I'm glad you sacked her instead of Togepi.
Name Scyther Alan.
>>
>>32923495
>Naming Totodike Sobek.

Are you me? I literally always do this
>>
>>32923925
I will from now on, he's been a bro so far. Can't wait till he evolves
>>
>>32923495
Name Scyther High Five
>>
I randomly caught the rus for the first time ever in my current W2 run.
If I box all my main mons before saving and leaving will they keep it throughout the game or at least for longer?
That was the impression I got from the pedo page since it said boxing them keeps it indefinitely regardless of days past.
>>
File: IMG_2592.jpg (952KB, 1179x1582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2592.jpg
952KB, 1179x1582px
First Gym compreto.
Nearly lost my Wingull to a Rock Tomb but he survived long enough to get the hell out so my treeko could finish things.
Also snagged a Makuhita and a Magikarp on the new island so my team is finally starting to flesh out a bit.
>>
File: IMG_0933.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0933.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Grinding up for that Totem Minimyu.

Even without Strong Jaws, Bruxish seems like he'll be pretty solid.
>>
Just reached Opelucid City in my White Grey Colourlocke after clearing Dragonspiral Tower and the areas by Route 1. Somehow, I'm STILL deathless. Even when facing down Bianca's Simipour in the rain on Route 8, it didn't kill anything. Even without a Water resist. I even bought the Sunny Day and Sandstorm TMs just incase, but it just used Leer twice. Entire team is level 43, just the right level for Iris.

>Jimmy the Stoutland, Bashful, Intimidate
>Chuck the Unfezant, Lax, Big Pecks
>Kim the Excadrill, Impish, Sand Force
>Paige the Gurdurr (no, I am not allowed to evolve her), Rash, Guts
>Rebecca the Cinccino, Jolly, Technician
>Stacey the Escavalier, Timid, Swarm

In the box I have a Klink and a Whirlipede that I can't evolve further. That's everything eligible for the Grey colourlocke (as Klink was encountered in Chargestone Cave, thereby locking me out of Ferroseed, and I'm running a "one from each family and that's it" rule) besides my Victory Road encounter, which will likely be Durant as it might be a better option than going for Terrakion unless shit gets real later on. Cinccino is the most likely to be replaced if I get Hustle Durant - Aerial Ace and high speed may make Marshall a lot safer, and Rebecca is the weakest of my team, seems to have quite a low Attack IV. Also the most redundant on the team, despite having been pretty handy in several key situations, as her frailty makes switches hard on Set Mode.
>>
i never played anything past gold

should i attempt a blind nuzlocke
>>
File: pls dont.png (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
pls dont.png
13KB, 240x160px
okay so I just finished my last exam for this summer's session but I don't really wanna feel too good about it.

Let's go, and may God have mercy
>>
File: dupess.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
dupess.png
9KB, 240x160px
i'm getting punished pretty hard for getting lucky early on. nothing but wingull fucking everywhere, mightyena ROARs me and another oddish in the safari zone. and shuppet accidentally got wing attacked. whoops. my last catch was the guaranteed kecleon on route 119. ironically, i named it 'karma'.

>>32925418
are you only catching the first grey pokemon on each route or are you just extraordinarily lucky?

>>32925636
go for it man
>>
>>32925792

First grey or Pokemon that evolves into grey (such as Lillipup, which made this run possible as it meant I had something before gym 1), or I would basically encounter nearly nothing.

It did make most of my encounters guaranteed, so I added a rule where I can only capture one of each eligible family, so if I lose something, that's that family gone entirely. This has made me extra careful.
>>
File: post-elesa.png (27KB, 591x434px) Image search: [Google]
post-elesa.png
27KB, 591x434px
Just beat Elesa in my White run, continuing from previous games with imported survivors, so hence the Swablu, Croconaw and Golbat.

Fuck, I don't remember her being that annoying, Boldore would've destroyed her two Emolgas but one of them just had to get a crit with a Volt Switch and Herdier narrowly beat Zebstrika only to die via Take Down recoil. Didn't help that 4 members of the team had type disadvantage one way or another.
>>
File: Koh's Dawn Nuzlocke.jpg (246KB, 855x543px) Image search: [Google]
Koh's Dawn Nuzlocke.jpg
246KB, 855x543px
While exploring Limit Valley I took down the mysterious virus, Grimmon. Lost a few friends, gained a few friends. Stumbled into the wrong area and got two of my three starter Digimon demolished. Apollo is the lone survivor.
>>
>>32925418
Why do you have shit nicknames anon?
>>
>>32926188

Because fuck you that's why. Besides, there is a theme.
>>
File: 2deep.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
2deep.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32926220
i can only assume it's a SP reference
still haven't read yet, damn

>>32926032
i've never played digimon is nuzlocking this game similar or wildly different or what

>>32925904
shiet, that sucks. at least the worst is over it seems you've got a solid trio there.
>>
>>32926520

What's SP?

They're all names of Better Call Saul characters, many of which are minor as most of the main characters are men and I keep encountering female Pokemon.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (145KB, 704x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
145KB, 704x1122px
Team Pre-Olivia. Going to use this team, needed a good way to deal with Fairies and Fire types so Octorok is on the team.

I'm not worried about Olivia at all. I remember her being a pushover.
>>32926188
>Not noticing his taste in shows is kino.

>>32926220
Great taste senpai, Kim is best Lawyerfu
>>
>>32926520
Digimon is a real RPG so it's MUCH harder.
>>
>>32926599
kek

dream on kiddo
>>
File: KohDigimon.png (856KB, 1029x1100px) Image search: [Google]
KohDigimon.png
856KB, 1029x1100px
>>32926629
But that's the truth? Digimon RPGs are actually difficult games. Especially with Nuzlocke rules. They have actual boss battles and you can easily get rolled if you aren't prepared.
>>
File: emeraldupdate3.png (46KB, 1475x450px) Image search: [Google]
emeraldupdate3.png
46KB, 1475x450px
team update. i really didn't want to use gyarados but good rod wasn't doing me any favors. i might actually consider replacing gyarados for some other water type because i want a special attacker and an ice resist. i also ditched gloom because gloom is garbage in 3rd gen. though i'm sure you get stones at lilycove so i might actually use bellossom i'm bound to find my first tentacool soon.

>>32926534
ah, my mistake. thanks for reminding me of another thing i've been meaning to watch.
>>
>>32923495
Just got wiped at the Fighting Gym by a Poliwrath of all things. No idea how this happened. Way too tired to play. Guess I'm restarting
>>
Might as well continue it. My current team after beating Roxie in Volt White 2
>>
>>32927221
Yeah I'm using it
>>
File: Names.png (5KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Names.png
5KB, 256x384px
Any name suggestions?
>>
>>32927606
Fug
>>
>>32927606
waste
>>
File: IMG_0934.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
I can't even get to the first fucking gym in Fire Red. I'm trying to ditch starter but in the 3 attempts I've made I always ALWAYS get hit by a critical hit AFTER my Tackle misses. Remind me how this is supposed to be fun again?
>>
>>32928195
what

you mean the first rival battle?
>>
>>32928195
Sounds like you just need to be more cautious. There's no shame in healing after every fight in the early game.

Plus, and it's totally up to you if you play this way or not, but the consensus seems to be that Nuzlocke rules don't actually begin until you get Balls, so if it is what >>32928267 is asking, then there's that.
>>
>>32927949
that's not a mimikyu
>>
File: Nuzlocke run.png (149KB, 871x929px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke run.png
149KB, 871x929px
All is going well so far, Perona had a close call against Bugsy's Scyther, I forgot how overleveled that thing was
>>
File: gr8 level curve.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
gr8 level curve.png
9KB, 240x160px
>maxie actually has pokemon around the same level as mine and higher
maybe it's because i skipped a bunch of trainers but wow, top 10 anime surprises
especially since all his grunts had stuff around level 25~

>>32927007
hypnosis + focus punch is stupid. sorry m8

>>32928195
nobody will blame you for keeping your starter around until your pidgey is higher than level 2

>>32929236
dang man you got great stuff like slowpoke and bellsprout and you aren't even using 'em? hm.
>>
File: 1499139595197.png (181KB, 714x761px) Image search: [Google]
1499139595197.png
181KB, 714x761px
>>32929236
I vandalized your template.
>>
>>32929272
I was thinking about Slowpoke, I boxed a lot of stuff early because Im carrying the egg from Elm, and I wanted to have slots free in my party in case I caught something cool.
Is Bellsprout really that good?
Im also playing no dupes rule, so a lot of my encounters were re rolled
>>32929283
I cant see it
>>
>>32929355
I cut off your dumb corner
>>
>>32929410
please be patient with me, im an MS paint fag
>>
It's nuzlocke time boys. Doing no exp share of course. What are your guy's prefered update method? After every play session or major event? Never shared one of these like this before.
>>
File: IMG_20170704_001120.jpg (6KB, 223x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170704_001120.jpg
6KB, 223x241px
>mfw accidentally use Bite on a Solosis but Poochyena's stats are so bad that it doesn't get 1 shot so I can catch it

>>32929752
No one gives a fuck, do what you want. My last 3 updates or so were the same team of 6 with maybe a totally I'd 2 level ups between all of them since I don't have time to play. Some people sit down and crank it out, so it only takes them 45 mins to beat two gyms so they only post every hour or so. Whatever suits you, do it.
>>
>>32922947
I can never bring myself to Nuzlocke BW1 because beating the first gym is so tedious

>Nothing good to catch so you have to rely on the gift monkey
>no good grinding spots so you have to waste hours killing Patrats and Lillipups
>If you use a level cap you have only one shot at the gym, otherwise you have to restart
>>
File: IMG_3731.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3731.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32929752
Alright, my current team after beating the first gym. I caught a bunnelby and traded it in town (i count trades as the capture for wherever the trade happens). Selic and Beatrice are doing well but madeline is straight garbage right now. I don't plan on using sprinkler or quacklin much just cause i don't really care for either mon.

My current rule set is 1. No items in battle 2. Dupes clause that pertains to entire evolution line (i.e. If i catch a ratatta and it dies i cant catch a raticate if i wanted one), and 3. A pokemon cannot exceed the level of a gym leader's/ the champion's highest pokemon if it is going to be used in the fight against them to prevent over leveling from grinding to just make shit easy.

As for the gym fight, selic took out the surskit while going into the yellow so i switched to beatrice and was able to finish the vivillon before infestation killed her. Was a little worried for beatrice because she went down to a turn from death before finishing off the damn bug but we're all still rockin so far. I really need to get madeline evolved somehow. Guess i gotta put on my walking shoes and get moving.
>>
I still have an extra Ruby cart I found in a parking lot about ten years ago. Might do a nuzlocke run on it some day.
>>
>>32929236
Not sure if good luck or bad luck, my egg hatched in the gate house between routes, would this normally count as that routes capture?

Also had a close call with Perona, she got locked into uproar, took a thundershock from a Mareep, stayed locked into uproar, but the mareep used growl
>>
>>32929113
Correct. A Mimikyu was what I had just finished beating up.

Tough fight, too. Almost lost my Magneton on several occasions. Still, if I recall, the game's pretty easy from this point on until the Elite 4.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.