[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We discuss Smogon, Showdown and the like. Like how the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: discussrankinglists.jpg (32KB, 274x554px) Image search: [Google]
discussrankinglists.jpg
32KB, 274x554px
ITT: We discuss Smogon, Showdown and the like.

Like how the fuck is Tangrowth A+ in viability rankings.
>>
>>32920779
>Like how the fuck is Tangrowth A+ in viability rankings
Is asking this everytime a new meme?
>>
>>32920782
well, I don't post here all the time so I didn't know if it was "LE MEME" or if it was discussed at all.

Also wanted to post teams
>>
>>32920779
It answers a lot of stuff that's top tier in ou.
>>
tangrowth is a hard counter to volcarona, heatran, and celesteela, which are dominating the meta
>>
Grass is a good defensive typing.
>>
>>32920779
>Discuss smogon
>Like how the fuck is Tangrowth A+ in viability rankings.
How about you play OU first you drooling retard. You wouldn't be asking this if you payed any kind of attention to the tier.
>>
>>32920802
I play RU and NU, fuck you tryhard
>>
>>32920788

Ask yourself the following question: "What are some things that can reliably switch in to choice band Zygarde?"

see what you come up with, and why
>>
>>32920809
ok, that's a good answer actually, thank you. Isn't it also solid against Landorus? or is lure Supersonic Skystrike still a thing?
>>
>>32920819

>lure skystrike
>lure

that's like one of it's top-used offensive sets these days lol

I guess it's ok against non-SS lando but really the other main set is AV which checks gren and magearna before soul heart. Phys def tangrowth is also a great pivot vs ferro and megapert which are both trending hard bc of the rain team that's getting spammed on ladder
>>
When will Mega Scizor drop to UU?
>>
>>32921229
hahaha
>>
>>32920883
What is this rain team getting spammed you speak of?
>>
>>32921297
There isn't one specific rain team that's spammed on the ladder.
They're just all very similar because pelipper/kingdra/swampert/ferrothorn are pretty much necessary.
>>
>>32920779
>A+ in viability rankings (better than Garchomp)
>perfect form so strong it got quickbanned in like 2 days after release despite being basically a Zen Mode Darmanitian on steroids
>10% more viable in UU
So happy to see le zycuck memers get BTFO for all eternity
>>
>>32921329
too bad 50% will get banned
>>
>>32921315
Who's the best Dry Skin user?

And is Vaporeon still viable enough to go for Hydration/Rest?
>>
>>32921344
>Who's the best Dry Skin user?
There are four and one of them is Parasect.
Between Toxicroak, Jynx and Heliolisk, you don't have anything to work with.
>>
>>32921338
>he thinks bans are happening in OU
Say it with me

NEVER
>>
>>32921371
USED
>>
>>32921359
I feel like Jynx is even worse than Parasect, which leaves Toxicroak and Heliolisk who have to be at least barely useful

Helio has a great special movepool and excellent speed, is he really worthless?
>>
>>32921396

they're both going to be shitty and outclassed in OU but nothing is stopping you from using them if you want to
>>
>>32921297
Not him, but probably talking about the Pelipper/ Mega Swampert/ Kingdra/ Ferrothorn/ Tapu Koko/ Hawlucha team
>>
>>32920779
With Marshadow officially released, how long until its banned?
>>
>All these Tiers are going to base their bans on a group of selected individuals

>BUT NOT OU BECAUSE OU IS SPESSHUL
>>
>>32921514

no longer than 2 weeks. it's obvious just looking at its stats, ability, typing, and movepool that it will be way too good for OU
>>
>>32921514
>Hidden Power Ice to freeze everything that would normally wall his coverage
>Close Combat hits incredibly hard
>Force Palm doesn't hit nearly as hard but threatens any Fairy switch-in with getting paralyzed a la Scald
>Rock Tomb threatens the switch-ins the same way by dropping their speed
>Powerful priority to kill everything that would resist its fighting stab
>Can somewhat pull off a special set with Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and a hidden power of its choice
>>
>>32921514
Marshadow dropped? When?
>>
>>32921599
ghost+fighting stabs make coverage more or less irrelevant
>>
>>32921608
it will still use hidden power to kill the Intimidate users that would normally wall it
>>
>>32921608
Good luck fighting Normillion when it's immune to both your stabs with normal/fighting
>>
>>32921606
Within the last few hours, first screening happened.
>>
>>32921608
>>32921612
it needs Hidden Power to deal with stuff like Skarmory and Landorus

-1 196 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 62-74 (16.2 - 19.3%) -- possible 6HKO

196 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 136-161 (40.8 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
56 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 385-458 (100.7 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

56 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Electric vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 218-257 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>32921649
Hidden Power Electric is also better than Thunder Punch to hit Water types so it seems like a nice coverage option

56 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
216 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 114-135 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

And that's taking 20 evs away from max speed investment considering its only competition at speed is Greninja.

And considering that this is the entire list

383 / Weavile / 125 / +Spe / 252 / 0
382 / Diggersby, Feraligatr / 78 / Neutral / 252 / +1

of relevant stuff that outspeeds the 232 Speed EVs version but doesn't outspeed the 252 version I've got to say that I think that will be the most popular version
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.