[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 generations and 12 years later, Game Freak still can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-emerald-version.png (307KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-emerald-version.png
307KB, 720x480px
>4 generations and 12 years later, Game Freak still can't top this

Did they peak? Jump the shark? Did all the money make them complacent?
>>
>>32918832
>what is HGSS
>what is BW2
>>
Platinum was better.
HSS was better.
BW was better.
BW2 was better.
USUM will be better hopefully.
>>
>>32918926
Nah, Platinum is very overrated. Same with BW and B2W2. HGSS is definitely better though.
>>
>>32918869
If you think BW and BW2 we're good fuck you. They are literally the worst Pokemon games and deserve to be treated as such.
>>
>>32920385
>we're
What did he mean by this?
>>
The whole formula is outdated at this point and it makes playing through any of the games a chore knowing that none of it matters
>>
File: IMG_0452.png (34KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.png
34KB, 700x471px
>>32920637

>makes living a chore knowing that none of it matters

ftfy
>>
>>32920612
Auto correct on phone.
>>
File: max_superpuke.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
max_superpuke.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>>32918926
>some people genuinely have this bad of taste
>>
>>32919164
Nah, Platinum is definitely up there. Literally just replayed it and it's fucking goat. Features and content everywhere. Such a different experience when you come directly from the shitstain that is Sun and Moon. Also, Distortion World is amazing.
>>
>>32919164
BW are good, though I agree they're not the best. BW2 is up there tho, definitely
>>
>>32921348
>some people actually like Pokémon
Oh what horror.
I know this is bait but come on. Try a little harder will you
>>
>>32918832
>Did they peak?
From my perspective yes, absolutely.
>Jump the shark?
No. I don't feel like they are just going through the motions, so to speak, I think they just aren't doing what we might like.
>Did all the money make them complacent?
I don't think so, just their values aren't the same as any of ours might be. A lot of the pokemon in SM were really well designed in terms of what they were like, if not the stats. The stats were a mess. But Alola has a lot of cool pokemon.
I think the games are just progressing to be designed for a story, and to compete maybe with other similar franchises. Games in general are becoming more cinematic and less just wide open, which could even be ironic because "open world" games are so in vogue at the same time as movie style games are.
I think they are just trying to create pokemon with really strong archetypes, or strong inherent characters, to match how the direction of the games is going, and to match how the direction of games as storytelling medium is going.
What I liked about it in the past though was the exploration, the new world, the social aspect of the games. I think the social aspect is still important, but its getting lost in the shuffle a bit, and the "mystery" of the games is more and more going to the story instead of to the exploration bits.
Idk maybe the money ruined things, but I think the direction just isn't making me, personally, happy, and that might apply for a lot of other anons. SM has a lot of good work put into it, just as a gaming experience overall I would say its not that good. But I don't like most video games I try that come out these days, and a lot of them for similar reasons. Too much hand holding, too many cut scenes, too many "choices" that don't matter, and "streamlining" at the cost of game experience.
>>
File: totodile_laugh.gif (21KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
totodile_laugh.gif
21KB, 150x160px
>>32919164
>Nah, Platinum is very overrated.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.