[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be around since S/M release >suddenly is considered to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: magearna.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
magearna.png
56KB, 250x250px
>be around since S/M release
>suddenly is considered to be the strongest Pokemon in the metagame and is dominating OU

what the hell happened?
>>
>>32909896
megagross got banned is what happened
>>
>great special attack
>amazing ability
>infinite coverage
>best typing in existence
>great bulk
>can use both trick room or shift gear to remedy its mediocre speed
>>
That's what happens when you ban fucking everything because you can't handle getting beat down by strong pokemon. You create a power vacuum, and this fuckball filled it.
>>
>steel/fairy for one of the best defensive typings in the game
>literally can run infinitely many sets, from TR sweeper to CM/SG setup with boltbeam, to SG setup with <insert Z-move here>, to AV, to the absolutely infuriating (but thankfully still niche) Iron Defense/CM/pain split/fairy move
>Soul Heart is literally a better Beast Boost because even if something comes in and dies to entry hazards or toxic/poison/burn damage, you get your SpAtk raise, meaning you can sometimes get literally free momentum
>absurd bulk

honestly, Z-Moves need to be banned immediately. the boltbeam+fightinium Z set alone makes a strong case, but people really need to be open to having conversations about getting rid of them altogether. they're ridiculously unhealthy in all tiers
>>
>>32909979
Just accept that the game has changed, bro. Gamefreak doesn't want things like switch-ins, balanced play, or even fairness to be a thing. Just roll with and enjoy it. Fairness is overrated anyway.
>>
>>32909922
Classic Smogon
>>
>>32909979
They shouldn't ban Z moves just because a couple mons are too good with it. Honestly just ban magearna if it's that bad. A lot of lower tier mons would get screwed hard by that ban.
>>
>>32909942
on the other end, if you allowed everything everyone just runs megafug
>>
>>32910428
Megafug isn't even that goes in Anything Goes, you need Magic Bounce to get around Swag-Play, and the only reliable users of it are Sableye and Diancie (Espeon and Xatu are pretty bad) so with them taking up your mega slot you have no room for the Fug Dragon. Best team in AG, if I remember right, was Mega Diancie and several different types of Arceus (I think it was Water with the Z-Crystal and four normal-types)
>>
>>32910492
>you need Magic Bounce to get around Swag-Play
Or any Dark type. Priority moves from Prankster would fail on them now.
>>
>>32910301

I'm not complaining just as an OU player, dude. I'm top 50 in NU and RU, and Z-moves are as, if not more, busted in those tiers. not having as many of the defensive checks that UU and OU have means that the same ridiculously strong moves are even more powerful, with no recourse
>>
>>32910564
Game freak is trying to shift the meta in a more hyper offensive meta.
>>
>>32909896
>bulky
>high special attack
>soul-heart
>fleur cannon (aka most powerful fairy move)
>ice beam
>thunderbolt
>volt switch
>aura sphere
>shadow ball
>trick room
>shift gear
>heart swap

just wait to tutor moves, now it will be fuking broken
>>
>>32909896
>suddenly is considered to be the strongest Pokemon in the metagame
That's because all the other retardedly strong shit has gotten banned.
Magearna was always really good, but it wasn't amazing when compared to Phero, Megagross, Aegislash, Lando-I etc.
>>
>>32912105
this, smogon dug their own grave last gen when they went on a crazy mega banning spree before letting things settle down
>>
>be Magearna
>use iron defense
>become an immortal god who 1v1 Garchomp for breakfast

jesus christ.
>>
>>32912283
I have the complete opposite opinion
>>
File: 1473969113680.png (108KB, 212x256px) Image search: [Google]
1473969113680.png
108KB, 212x256px
>>32909979
>>32912338
>Iron Defense Magearna
Is this actually becoming a thing
>>
>>32909979
Like, just attacking Z moves, or you wanna kill things like Z conversion and Z sunny day, too? Cause I like the boosting Z moves a lot.
>>
>>32912536
Yeah.
Iron Defense+ Calm Mind with Pain Split for recovery.
>>
SmogonSword and Mega-Meta were banned. Basically the two Steel Types that kept it in check.
>>
>>32912283
>crazy mega banning spree
>only banned 4 megas from OU when all of them were absolutely busted in said tier
>same thing with UU
>>
How would you balance Z-moves?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.