[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst new feature in a game yet? It's extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: p10_02_en.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p10_02_en.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
Is this the worst new feature in a game yet? It's extremely grindy, and yet it practically has no payoff. The way the Pokémon run around in a circle and strike a pose every few seconds, it's more like watching an animatronic than anything. And there's no incentive to take pictures of lots of different Pokémon, once you unlock the Bewear/Fearow spot on Poni you're best off just grinding that one until 1.5m likes.
>>
It's simple

>Fans keep whining for Snap 2
>GF does this so it will be received horribly
>Masuda can now go "You all hated Finder, stop asking for Snap 2"
>>
File: 1480801307183.png (1MB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1480801307183.png
1MB, 1201x884px
>>32907531
>mfw he's right
>>
File: XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png (131KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Prerelease_Sky_Battle.png
131KB, 400x240px
PokeFinder is bad, but at least it can be ignored.

The damage that pic related has done is STILL affecting the series.
>>
>>32907531
>implying sun & moon wasnt originally a snap remake that had to be rehashed into a regular game to meet deadlines
>>
>>32907542
There's only one thing in this whole series I hate more than sky battles.

>The Battle Frontier project has started!
>>
>>32907713
>spoiler
At least that only affects a single game, compared to Sky Battles which will leave a permanent mark on some Pokemon, forcing them to glide retardedly forever unless GameFreak suddenly decides they need to make new animations for their future-proofed models.
>>
>>32907491
It's just a quickly produced minigame that GF needed to have in Alola for kid players. They knew this feature was pure shit. It was easier to build Poke Finder which only involves 70 Pokemon than building contests for ORAS.
>>
File: Imagen 020.png (1MB, 1334x905px) Image search: [Google]
Imagen 020.png
1MB, 1334x905px
>>32907491
>1,500,000 likes/points needed for obtain the Version 5, ability to call Pokémon for better pics, and a Stamp in your Trainer Passport (aka recognized as a Pokémon Master in Alola)
>finally obtained the Version 5
>calling Pokémon not always works, and if a Pokémon listened to your call it mostly looks at you and there's a very low chance that it makes either a different pose or a happy face
>mfw I realized that I lost my time
>>
This is what they should have done in the first place... Remove the level system. Have all features available at the beginning. Reformat Poke Finder into a photo contest every Saturday and Sunday. Use the programming from the likes/points system to determine the winner.
>>
>>32909448

Fuck you Juan
>>
>>32907491
The """"Contests"""" in BW and BW2 were worse.
Literally whats the point?
>>
>>32907542
>The damage that pic related has done is STILL affecting the series.
?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?
>>
>>32909952

Fuck you Rodrigo
>>
>>32907542
You can't ignore the Poké Finder if you want the passport stamp.

>>32909945
Those you can ignore though.
>>
File: HNI_0004.jpg (13KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0004.jpg
13KB, 400x240px
>>32909945
>The """"Contests"""" in BW and BW2 were worse.
Hmm, that's true, once you saw one contest in BW you feel like you've seen them all, while in SM every point had unique pokemon so at least there was a point in checking all of them at least once.
though i enjoyed dressing my pokemon with silly things
>>
>>32909945
getting some friends to all bring wailord, then watching them dance around in top hats is pretty fun
>>
File: Spr_6x_277.png (3KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_6x_277.png
3KB, 240x240px
>>32907542
Never forget.
>>
>>32909945
They at least offered minimal entertainment in seeing some legendaries or clumsy looking pokemon dancing about.

Pokefinder?
That's just a grind.
>>
File: Fuck you gen 6.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you gen 6.png
13KB, 200x200px
>>32907542
Never forget
>>
>>32910899
I never understood why people had such a problem with Xatu.

It's a Psychic type.
It mostly stays still.
>>
>>32910912
It ruins the whole Totem motif.
>>
>>32907542
Sky battles could've been great if they put some actual effort into them.
>>
>>32911213
>Pokemon could've been great if they put even a little bit of effort into it
>>
>>32911233
please delete this post
>>
>>32911233
I mean, you're not wrong.
>>
>>32907531
I wonder if they actually understand at all what people liked about Snap.

It wasn't just that you took pictures of Pokemon, it's that the game was something of a puzzle game where you had to figure out how to make certain shit appear/happen and how to make Oak perfectly satisfied with your pictures.

The right way to expand that idea would've been to add in more ways of interacting with the environment and having different picture judges that look for different things in a picture. Instead they stripped pretty much all of leaving the only real requirement being a centered Pokemon doing a pose.

>>32911213
Honestly I think Sky Battles were a flawed idea from the get-go. They're a cool idea "lore" wise but since Pokemon is a turn-based RPG I don't know how that could be translated over in game mechanics.

I guess you could have an altitude mechanic that functions kinda like the positions in Triple Battles, but I'm guessing that would make battles more tedious than anything.
>>
>>32907542
They should've just made two models for pokemon that didn't fly/float before. One standing, and one flying off the ground used in sky battles. I'm still mad that not every pokemon that has levitate or is flying type can't participate. Chatot, gengar, and hawlucha to name a few. Not to mention sky battles aren't even available for all of gen 6, they're exclusive only to the piece of shit that is XY
>>
>>32911292
Sky battles were instantly broken because Pokemon like Emolga and Aerodactyl exist. And there was at least one NPC trainer in Kalos that had a fucking Emolga.
>>
>>32911563
The one with Emolga is pretty early on, and there's even one with Aerodactyl towards the end of the game.

I'm guessing most kids probably used Talonflame or maybe Pidgeot as their flier, so they were just being dicks there.
>>
>>32911635
Oversight, perhaps? I could forgive the Aerodactyl for towards the endgame because by then, you should have some coverage moves on your whoever is eligible for sky battles.

But that Emolga was just fucking stupid game design.
>>
>>32911681
I can only assume that they wanted players to have a separate sky battle team or something, which is why battling them is actually a choice as opposed to forced (so you can go back to town and get your sky team).

I'd still say the Aerodactyl was a dick move. Several of the most likely choices kids would make for their flier are quad weak to rock (Talonflame, Charizard, maybe one of the bugs). Unless you're grossly overleveled and OHKO it with steel wing or whatever that thing WILL kill you.
>>
>>32909945
nah, musicals where pointless, but you can use every pokemon in them, getting props was easy (except for the birthday one, buy you can always change the date for it), you can get some amusement by giving pokemon silly costumes and it was all around inoffensive and an easy star in the trainer card.
The finder gives you a limited amount of pokemon randomly, the scoring system doesn't give you freedom to take any picture that is not a close up to the pokemon attacking so you have to take always the same photo if you want to get a high score and you will need to get the highest score since you require a high amount of points to get any basic function of the camera, not to mention that only the rarest pokemon gives you points worth a damn, so you chances to score are even less making it a full grind.

BW2 gave us pokestar, so I have hopes we can get a minigame worth a damn this time, maybe we can finally take pictures of our pokemon.
>>
Here is a question I want to ask. When GF makes DP remakes for Switch, will they keep the accessories aspect of Super Contests.

If so, GF would need to make 100 contest accessories work with 875+ 3D Pokemon and their alternate forms and shiny forms. Is that too much or will GF replace the one of three that involves accessories?
>>
>>32907542
Thats the biggest bullshit /vp/ believes in

They didnt do flying models for the sky battles because iff that were the case they would make flying models for ALL Flying types instead of only some of them

They most likely came up with the idea after having all of the models ready to go.

But go on, believe in your retarded headcanon.

Still pokefinder is worse
>>
>>32912853
Literally every fully evolved Flying-type except Dodrio and a handful of 1-stagers (Farfetch'd, Chatot, and I think that's it) got a flying idle animation. Even shit like Skarmory and Tropius. kys
>>
>>32909477
Why not just let you post pictures on Miiverse and get ACTUAL likes in the form of Yeahs instead of that bullshit pretend social media garbage?
>>
>>32910899
This is the most bullshit of them all. It's a Psychic type, it could have easily levitated itself with its mind and keep an upright position while being off the ground and thus Sky Battle-ready, but without sacrificing its totemic appearance.
>>
>>32911213
That can be said about a number of other such gimmicks that ended up being half-assed messes. Sadly GF are allergic to effort.
>>
I'm glad my team's only Flying type was Hawlucha so I never had to experience cancerous sky battles
>>
>>32907491
If it stays the same, yes. I can see a huge expansion coming in USUM though, with more encounters shinies, a bigger incentive with upgrades like more camera effects, and perhaps mix in DexNav features for capturing them as well. Perhaps an upgrade can happen for UBs, with a special filter for taking pictures of their portals and forcing them out into Alola. A lot can be done.
>>
>>32913755
Heres the dilemma. 3rd versions sell 7-8 million units compared to core pairs which sell 15-16 million usually. With veterans and competitive players being 75%+ of 3rd version players, is it worth it for GF to upgrade Poke Finder. I mean almost all veterans and competitive players hate the crummy Poke Finder or forgot about it. It's better to put those Poke Finder resources into the first core pair for Switch.
>>
>>32913867
Oh yeah, they copied the Maison from XY to a game that takes place before XY with the same exact trainer roster, names, and Kalos trainer classes.
>>
>>32907491
I'm sure it's fun if you don't have /vp/'s level of autsim.
>>
>>32909952
All flying Pokemon from gen 1 to 6 are animated mid-air resulting to some shitty results, like some pokemon just gliding, or just flying Pokemon that were always on ground like Xatu or Tropius.
Now most gen 7 flying Pokemon are animated on ground so there's hope they'll fix previous animation
>>
>>32914093
Nigger, no one is going to have fun taking over a hundred pictures of the same Bewear and Fearow.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.