[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to neighbor's party >little boy (about 6) who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1485961218043.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1485961218043.png
84KB, 300x325px
>go to neighbor's party
>little boy (about 6) who knows that I know about Pokemon starts talking to me
>he asks if I want to see his Pokemon
>he pulls out his ipad
>assume he's emulating on it
>he's not
>he starts playing roblox
>there's a full Pokemon "simulator" on Roblox
>mfw trying to sit there and not call him a retard for playing Roblox Pokemon instead of Pokemon on his 3ds (which I know he has)

There's no need for Pokemon to pander to little kids by dumbing down the difficulty. The kids aren't even going to play it.
>>
Just ask about his real pokemon you fucking beta
>>
Pretty sure the primary consumers of Pokemon are 18-28 now. It's really not that big with kids, at least not how it was.

G1-4 was the really big boom for childhood popularity. After that, the growth dropped like a rock as the accessability of tablets and smartphones rose. Hell I dont even think kids watch cartoons these days.

The big consumers of Pokemon are the children who consumed g1-4 as 6-12 year olds, grew up, and still enjoy the games today. Games need to be tuned at BW1's level or harder. XY, SM, and ORAS are the easiest games to have ever come out, when the audience is just getting better and better at the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>32903652
nah it's crazy with kids 8-14
>>
>>32903652
I certainly wouldn't group SM with XY and ORAS. While XY and ORAS managed to be even easier then gen 1 and 2, I actually whited out once while playing SM, last time that happened outside of challenge runs or difficult hacks was gen 4.

But in terms of actual handholdyness, SM is probably the biggest offender to date, so I suppose it balances out.
>>
I'm more impressed at the kid who made a full fucking Pokemon simulator in Roblox.
>>
>>32903701
Pokemon club at my Uni is bigger than any group I played in at 8-14.

Either way, we need chalangemodes made baseline.

>>32903713
I can agree that the encounter design is alright, but the level design is the most trivial shit. It's designed for a todler/downs syndrom patient.

Even with that said, I used a Lycanroc and was able to sweep about 70% of trainers with it exclusively. The other 30% I could use a bird, cant for the life of me remember which.

A lot of the fun of a pokemon game is exploration and the ability to fuck up and fail a war of attrition if you're not prepared.

IE delving into a long ass dungeon, realizing half way through that you fucked up and didnt bring enough potions or status healers. I'm playing Platinum right now and I just wiped in the cave between Oreburge and Eterna city cause I wasnt prepared.

The game needs to let you dig your own grave via macro play. Even if the game's encounters are good, there's not a lot of margin for error, because once you develop your cheese strat, you just spam it on repeat and you can instantly heal after every 2-3 encounters cause of the bad level design. I never had a wrench thrown in my strat in SM, I just kept cheesing and I had a healing npc available whenever I even considered needing one.
>>
>>32903754
I doubt it was a kid
>>
>>32903766
I mean, I don't know shit about Roblox but I've never heard anyone above the age of 13 mention it, so I assumed it was a kid/young teen.
>>
>>32903790
You doubt the power of man children with high functioning autism.
>>
>>32903790
Yeah, there are Roblox Youtubers in their late 20's bro
>>
>>32903754
I remember playing Roblox when I was in elementary/middle school and thinking "Someone should completely be able to recreate Pokémon in this, right? Don't bother with the weird blocks, just use the sprites and project them onto people's screens"

I hate that I never figured out how to actually code, though. Roblox's tutorial didn't really cut it for me.
>>
>>32903846
Yeah but they only do that because there are a shitload of kids who watch Roblox. Pretty sure they don't even enjoy the game.
>>
There is a Roblox UN
>>
>>32903713
Gen 1 and 2 are harder than the next generations combined.
>>
>>32903652
>>32903701
my half brother is 10 and he doesn't care about pokemon at all. I think he abstractly knows what it is from pokemon go but its not something him and his friends are into. I asked if he wanted the new pokemon game (SM), and he didn't even know what I was talking about.
Him and his friends mostly care about minecraft.
>>
>>32905241
You clearly haven't played the older games recently. They can be beaten in like 5 hours, with your choice of a full team or not, without having a single pokemon faint.
>>
>>32903563
Did you see a Roblox game called as Pokémon Brick Bronze? I played it before and it has a good storyline. Not to mention the autism that exist in that place.

(Lemme tell ya, there's a lot of autism that I have encountered in there, including player losing his shit in that game because he doesn't know how to type and dumb mass scamming. Lots of retards in there has YouTube channels and there is an amount of popular YouTube channels which has children under 12 talking shit or even wanted the mf YouTuber to trade them legends and rare shits. You know StarLord? His content escalated so fast from a good reviewer of Skyrim mods that has mature subscribers to an autistic shit that plays this game and talks nonsense just to get the motherfucking VIEWS. And I don't really play the game after that.)
>>
>>32905278
If you you have to use a glitch or exploit you're cheating and of course you can beat games fast when you cheat.
>>
>>32905300
You don't have to. Next time play the games before you say that those are hard.
>>
>>32903652
SM is harder than BW1, not that that says much. The entire series is balls easy by nature, the only way to make it hard is to horrifically scale things against the player in a way only romhacks do.
>>
>>32903652

>Turn off exp share
>All my pokemon were the same or under the level or npc's and wild pokemon.
>Totems were pretty challenging

Now the whole hey let me heal your pokemon before we battle thing is fucking lame. Gary wouldve showed up after you beat the elite 4 and half your team is dead and been like whats up mother fucker.
>>
>>32905241

Gen 1 and 2 are easy as fuck, you don't even have to try.
>>
>>32903701
yeah, but they only play pokemon go.
>>
>>32905278
>Him and his friends mostly care about minecraft.
What an awful childhood. And I mean this without bias. Kids have been obsessed with Minecraft for fucking years now. What an awful experience it must be for your entire childhood to be made up of a singular, soulless experience. 90% of anything impressive in that game is a recreation of something outside of it. Sad!
>>
>>32905860
Minecraft is basically Lego except your parents don't have to spend money on kits and shit. I played with Lego all my childhood and it was pretty fine, I don't see anything wrong with kids nowadays enjoying a virtual version.

And then there's also Lego Minecraft, which is possibly the most retarded thing ever conceived by man.
>>
File: 250px-VSDexio (1).png (18KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
250px-VSDexio (1).png
18KB, 250x150px
>>32905493
>Now the whole hey let me heal your pokemon before we battle thing is fucking lame. Gary wouldve showed up after you beat the elite 4 and half your team is dead and been like whats up mother fucker.
>>
>>32905878
But you didn't play Legos to the point where you don't even know about other popular games. Otherwise you wouldn't be on this board.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.