[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I didn't expect to win a GameBoy Color on eBay and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: slowpoke_pokemon.jpg (27KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.jpg
27KB, 600x655px
So I didn't expect to win a GameBoy Color on eBay and I am now looking to get a copy of Pokémon Yellow since I was told by a friend who is a die-hard fan that this was a good version to get in contrast to Red and Blue as it allows you to start with all three starting Pokémon.

I am completely new to the franchise. Is this a good choice to start with?
>>
>>32902954
I mean, Yellow's a better jumping point than red or blue, but probably not as good a starting point as Crystal.
>>
Is it wrong that I have a sexual attraction to Slowpoke?

He just has a sexy strut to him and that mouth is one I have the temptation to stick my dick into.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>32902954
have fun with your ugly shitty screen with no backlight

also generation 1 pales in comparison to the other pokemon games. get VisualBoy Advance or a phone emulator and play gen 2-3.
>>
>>32903023
Red, Blue, and Yellow is Generation 1?
>>
>>32902954
You'll be fine with Yellow, but while you're at it pick up Crystal too. Make sure you buy from sellers that mention that the battery in the games can still save, or look up how to do it on your own.
>>
>>32903045
yeah

if you really want to play through them though, i'd try the remakes, Fire Red and Leaf Green.

other good games to start on are all of the third versions (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) or HG/SS (remakes of Gold and Silver)
>>
>>32903045
Gold,silver, and crystal-gen 2(Gameboy color)
Ruby,sapphire,emerald-gen 3(gba)
Diamind,pearl,platinum-gen 4(ds)
Black,white,black1,white2-gen 5(ds)
X and y-Gen 6(3ds)
Sun and moon-gen 7(3ds)
We're getting gen 8 next year for the switch but we know nothing about it.
>>
>>32903098
If I wanted to get the Switch game as well, would it be necessary to play the other games first or would I be fine playing them out of order?
>>
File: bigger-bait-wailord.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bigger-bait-wailord.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>32903098
>>
>>32902983
When I had a cat that was the appropriate weight. I would sometimes pretend she was Slowpoke. I would sit her on my lap and pretend she was Slowpoke as I brushed her fur with my hand pretending it was the skin of Slowpoke. We should form a cult dedicated to the sexy Slowpoke.
>>
>>32903116
It would be ok if you didn't play in order. I started with gen 5
>>
>>32903116
There's very little reason to play them in order if you're new to the franchise. There are references to previous instalments but they're bonuses for longtime fans rather than being necessary to understand plot elements.
>>
So I decided to check out the Pixelmon mod for Minecraft and when I loaded up a server a player told me that he thought that the mod was better than the core games. Are there really people out there that prefer a mod for a non-Pokémon game over that of the official games?

>>32903223
>>32903291
I'll probably most likely skip ahead once the Switch games come out. I have a friend giving me his 2DS too along with X.
>>
>>32903116
You don't need to play every previous game but I wouldn't recommend playing them out of order since they added and changed some mechanics as they released.
>>
OP how old are you?
>>
>>32905075
I'm 26-years-old and I never really got into Pokémon when I was a kid so my growing interest in it really is a slowpoke one. I never really knew what the games were until I learned it was an RPG and I know that the series was pretty lighthearted, at least from what I've seen.
>>
OP, don't play the first gen. You can begin with any game. Just be sure to pick the third version, it has more things in it. (Crystal, Emerald and Platinum)

>>32903117
that's not a bait.
>>
>>32905150
I already ordered that game, but I am planning on looking for a Crystal. That game was for the GameBoy, right?
>>
>>32905207
Gameboy Color, also I second what he said about playing third versions (Crystal Emerald, Platinum).
>>
>>32905207
Crystal's for Gameboy Color.
>>
>>32905022
Just a warning, gens 6 and 7 are a bit weaker than 3 through 5. Don't judge the series too harshly if you don't like X. A decent amount of longtime fans didn't enjoy X/Y
>>
Probably a bit late but I'm gonna post my recommended order anyways

>Fr/Lg
>Emerald
>Hg/Ss
>Platinum
>B/W
>B2/W2
>X/Y
>Or/As (only if you want a full understanding of the series)
>S/M
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.