[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about 493, or other 'all obtainable pokemon'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ppvlogo.png (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ppvlogo.png
88KB, 500x500px
Lets talk about 493, or other 'all obtainable pokemon' hacks.

I'm playing this one's chalange mode. Seems like it's by far the best 493 I've played. Just beat the second gym. Team is Galade, Nidoking, Larvitar, Ninetales, and Wartortile. Gonna pick up Zapdos as a 6th when I can get it. Team level is 25-29 rn.

I really like the guy's pokemon placement, everything feels very fair and naturally placed. Guy's type, stat, and move changes are also really good, basically everything is usable, which is a huge step up above just about every basegame and hack I've played, save BW1.

The guy who does Blaze Black and Volt White is hot garbage dispite his poularity. His pokemon placement is whack and I dont think. I tried Storm Silver, and there's so many random ass one of placements, and a shit ton of pokemon are gated behind day/night cycles. Guy also bloats his placement to hell, with like 15 pokemon per route or cave. Getting a good team together in them feels super unnatural, as you gotta go back and fourth between readmes and the game, there's no real rhyme or reason. Its the case with just about every one of his hacks.
>>
How did you manage to get gallade? Is there a way to trade with yourself in game or something?
>>
>>32901179
Ralts is available in route 202 and 203.

Evo method is Male Kirlia+dawnstone. Same in basegames as the hack. There's an npc that gives you ass tons of evo stones in the flower town's pokecenter.
>>
>>32901179
Gallade isn' t a trade evolution
>>
>>32900763
How are gym teams? One thing I don't like about popular difficulty hacks is that the first few gyms all have six Pokémon. It makes the beginning unnecessarily hard if you only have 1 or 2 mons with you.
>>
>>32901273
I think he means dawnstone accessability, as base Platinum doesnt offer a dawnstone until the third gym i think. Perfect Plat has an npc in Flowertown that gives you enough evo stones to evolve one of every pokemon. Hence Nidoking, Ninetales, and Galade. Honestly I don't like wellfare stones from a design standpoint, but playong chalange mode, if i didnt have it, i'd be kinda fucked.

Trainers have early high evos, a hell of a lot more pokemon, and the level curve is a lot steeper.
>>
File: 1482629629418.png (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482629629418.png
69KB, 400x400px
>>32901260
>>32901273
>>32901306
I legit thought you could only get it by trading with a hold item or something. Whoops. Looks like a good hack though.
>>
>>32901296
For chalange mode, yeah, it's 6 for all gyms. But chalange mode is optional. The base hack is likely just a modified team, but i dont know.

Unlike basegame, water and grass types are obtainable for the first gym, and fire and flying are readily available for the second. You can get all the g1-4 starters before first gym, as well as some other gems like Horsea.

I struggled a bit on the first gym cause I don't want to run a grass type on my team, but bit the bullet and leveled a Turtwig a bit. You just need to be prepared and play smart, the game gives you the tools, unlike a lot of hacks.

First gym is Omatyte, Kabuto, Lilype, Anorith, Larvitar, and Craniados. Second, i dont remember cause I swept it all with Drought Ninetales with flamethrower. Roserade and Tropius are the only ones i remember.
>>
>>32901358
Haha, i get that.

All trade evos have been turned into evos obtainable solo. IE Onyx>Steelix by leveling Onyx with Iron Tail learned. Machoke>Machamp level with cross chop. Some trade evo items have been tuened into usable items, some are level with evo item held.

That's the biggest pro to these hacks, imho. I don't feel its good game design togatw pokemon behind multiplayer. Every hack ever fixes this.
>>
>>32901364
Good to know, I'll check it out.
>>
>>32901395
>That's the biggest pro to these hacks, imho. I don't feel its good game design togatw pokemon behind multiplayer. Every hack ever fixes this.

I can appreciate that. I've only played the pokemon games up to Gen IV and have no way of trading friends or playing online to get trade evolutions. Ill definitely check this out.
>>
>>32901403
Yeah, it's fun, i'd recomend it.
You have access to every pokemon type by the first gym. Even rarer types like Ice and Steel. By the second gym, you can have a full team of decently strong multi-types.

Author changed Prinplup and Empolion to Water Ice (made Blastoise Water Steel to compensate, with squirtle avaible at Lake Varity), so that gives access to early ice.

By the second gym, i'm already decked out in basically a full team. I'm short a flying type, but I think I have total coverage so far.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.