[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you still find Mirage Island even though the internal battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 290px-Mirage_Island_RSE.png (138KB, 290x242px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Mirage_Island_RSE.png
138KB, 290x242px
Can you still find Mirage Island even though the internal battery of your Pokemon Emerald is dead?
>>
>>32890661
Probably not, because the number resets when the day changes. Though if you had a Pokémon with the ID number it had when the battery died then presumably you could visit it whenever.
>>
>>32890661

I'm not sure?
>>
>>32890661
There's an Action Replay code for making it appear permanently, for those who are emulating RSE or can dump their saves.
>>
>>32890661
I'm still mad it amd the 3 other event islands didn't return in ORAS.
>>
>>32890661
No, because >>32890675

Just change your battery, it's not hard.
>>
Is there anyway to easily get to this place??
>>
Has anyone actually managed to get to Mirage Island? In all my years of playing, I've never even once got it to appear.
>>
>>32891996
Aside from hacking, fucking nope. The way Mirage Island works is that the first time you boot the game per day it generates a random two byte integer that's stored for the rest of the day when you save. This number is checked against the last two bytes of the personality value of every Pokemon in your party, and if the numbers match, Mirage Island appears. You don't have to talk to the old man in Pacifidlog Town to make it appear, but it's faster.

So because of this if you only had one Pokemon in your party you would have a 1/65536 chance of finding it. If you fill your entire PC with random shitmons caught, each with a different personality value, you'd still have only a 1/156 chance of it appearing, per day. And that's only if you check with all 420 possible Pokemon you can store, and you can't run or use your bike in Pacifidlog town while you're at it. Doing this method takes at least two hours.

The other method is to take a full party and save in front of the old man and let the clock roll over, then start checking and resetting. Because you're not saving, the game treats each boot as the first time you're starting the game that day, and generates a new Mirage Island number. This lets you check enormously quickly, but there is the chance you'll miss it if you're not paying attention, and the probability of this succeeding is still only 1/10923.

I did this about two years ago for four fucking months straight before I gave up. Welcome to hell.
>>
Ignore shills, you can RNG a Pokémon that unlocks it, is fucking easy
>>
>>32897299
>you can RNG a Pokémon that unlocks it, is fucking easy
>doesnt event tell
sure buddy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.