[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember thinking X/Y was as bad as Gamefreak's writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: yjcfvjutcf.jpg (128KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
yjcfvjutcf.jpg
128KB, 1200x720px
I remember thinking X/Y was as bad as Gamefreak's writing could possibly get. But when I finished S/M I realized I was severely lacking in imagination.

It was like playing through a poorly written fanfiction.
>>
>>32887962
You're wrong.
>>
>>32888024
Are you saying Gen 8 will somehow be worse than 7?
>>
Why do you think was bad? I mean, it was the first time we are not the ""chosen one"" in pokemon.
>>
>>32887962
I can't say I like SM story either, but let's be fair now.

Elaborate.
>>
Yeah, I could see that. Lillie feels a lot like a fanfic self-insert character. I take more issue with the pacing and focus in comparison to how actually important some things are, which is probably the worst the series has been about it unless you count XY just not really elaborating on anything as that sort of thing.

>>32888198
XY you weren't a chosen one either. HGSS and BW1 are really the only ones like that, where a brief meeting at the start of the game has someone else decide you must be the messiah. BW2 somewhat too with how the Swords of Justice just jump out at you, but you could argue they went with the MC because they noticed them climbing through the region like a knife carves through warm butter. Pretty much every other game your extraordinary accomplishments and meetings are because of the player character's own prolonged actions through the adventure.
>>
>>32888198
>>32888234
While I appreciate not being the "chosen one" this is really on the other end of the spectrum where I feel like a side character

Lillie gave me headaches whenever she was on screen.
>"I want to protect Nebby but I don't want to battle. You know the thing that's essential to protecting Nebby."
>"Look I crossed a bridge that's my child please tell me how great I am!"
>"My monster of a mother just locked herself in another dimension! Now you have to risk YOUR life to get her out of there because she took care of me once."
"You know how I said I don't like battles? I changed my mind on a whim and now I'll be a trainer. So in other words I COULD have been useful this whole time but I didn't feel like it."
I could go on but I think I've made my point.

Team Skull was a lot of fun for me because they were the first Team I could take seriously since Rocket. All other teams in the game have such loony goals that I can't take them seriously.
So of course they get their story hijacked by Aether. Also how did Aether's misdoings avoid getting leaked? Like most people there started as people who wanted to help Pokemon right? So how come they all just turned evil because Lusamine said so? Usually when a CEO goes bananas they other execs give them a golden parachute then force them to step down. It was all just a mess.

Gladion was just kind of useless. I can't think of a single point in the story that would have been any different if they had just omitted him.

Also the Totem Pokemon were a cool concept to me but somehow it was dampened when they revealed that they got their energy from Ultra Space. Why couldn't they have just been stronger because of some ancient Aloan power or something? That would have been way cooler.

I could go on but I'm reaching the character limit here.
>>
>>32888343
Forgive the typos. I'm on some heavy pain meds here.
>>
>>32888343
Sounds like the same sort of bullshit on the Totem Pokemon. I'd personally like it if they were stronger just 'cause. It's the sort of thing that doesn't really need an explanation.

Also on the Aether employees, NPC dialogue makes it clear a lot of unsavory types joined the company just for big paychecks, and that Lusamine and Faba purposely hired people who wouldn't care as long as the job she wanted was done. That's the one thing I'll give it since in general I think they were very poorly handled.
>>
File: 1498699009488.gif (1MB, 244x438px) Image search: [Google]
1498699009488.gif
1MB, 244x438px
>>32888024
This. Lillie is the best Pokémon character. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>32888343
>why couldn't they be stronger because of some ancient Alolan power

Because that's what it is. There's a reason Totem Pokemon are only seen in Alola. Also, According to in game dialogue the Totems have always been like the leader of the pack, so to speak, and they are chosen from the largest and most intimidating from the crowd. They were big and powerful regardless just due to nature, which was the overall theme in these games. That's my problem with the whole "ultra space power" thing, because it wasn't actually needed. The Pokémon were big and strong anyways.
>>
Any lillie merch in Japan is sold out in 10 mins
>>
File: lillie.png (266KB, 537x462px) Image search: [Google]
lillie.png
266KB, 537x462px
>>32888628
That's true.
I think her merch were more popular than that Red figure, Which i'm kind of glad about i'm just sick of Red.
>>
>>32888429
Every time I see someone say "Lillie is best" anything I just assume its bait.
>>32888643
>"I'm glad the cancer sold out faster than the other cancer"
>>
I think SM's story was good, all things considered. XY's was shit.
>>
I hated Lillie because of her design and personality but I have to hand it to the writers for somehow making me appreciate her after all that shit.
>>
>>32888989
I hated Lillie because she's useless and pathetic and remains so the entire game. It's hilarious how people somehow call her brave or a good character.
>>
Hey guys. I'm three hours into the game and pretty much liking it so far, but I'm wondering when the tutorial ends.

Does anyone know when the tutorial and cutscenes end and I get to play the game? Thanks.
>>
>>32889917
First two Islands are tutorial.
>>
>>32888752
>I just assume its bait
And you'd be right, Lillie is literally the new Heliolisk
>>
File: 1496817631913.jpg (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496817631913.jpg
7KB, 256x256px
Lillie is the most forced character since Lightning from Final Fantasy.

Agreed?
>>
File: 01978923432.png (516KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
01978923432.png
516KB, 1070x601px
>>32889926
t. amourfag
>>
>>32890069
That would be Cynthia or Looker.
>>
>>32887962
honestly i hated SM's story at first, but by the end it was a lot better than XY. it just takes too long to get going and there's too much boring exposition
>>
>>32890082
Neither of those are forced.
>>
File: 250px-XD_JP_boxart.png (164KB, 267x322px) Image search: [Google]
250px-XD_JP_boxart.png
164KB, 267x322px
>>32887962
>pokemon game tries to be dark
>it can't be too dark because it's a kid's game
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.