[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was THE WORST meta throughout pokemon? Can be smogon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: really memes you think.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
really memes you think.png
4KB, 225x225px
What was THE WORST meta throughout pokemon? Can be smogon, official, whatever.
>>
>>32878938
Definitely gen vii
Tapu meta with landocancer and all things that can defeat them are banned
>>
Metapod
>>
>>32878938
Pretty much the consensus is that it's this one. There's no bottom to how bad OU will get, especially with M-Lop and Marshadow coming any time soon. This shit is fucking unplayable and the reason why the smogon community is cancer (Even more so than usual). Nobody can play games in good faith anymore because there's no skill involved.
>>
terrains of unhealthy meta?
>>
>>32878943
>>32878956
>These underage faggots never played gen2
>>
>>32878979
>he doesn't appreciate the Chess of Pokemon
Gen 2 required far more skill than "XD set up spiges and wallbreag :DD :DDD". In fact gen 2 matches require nerves of steel and thinking ten steps ahead before you make a move.
>>
>>32878938

This one's really bad. But I also didn't like hyper offense meta from a while back too, when the button was a legitimately great strategy
>>
>>32878998
i guess patience is a skill
>>
>>32878998
You do know you can also set up spikes and wallbreak in Gentoo as well right (it's just that breaking walls is who fuckton more difficult)?
>>
>>32879009
it is actually
>>
>>32879017
And yet entry hazard play is less mindless than "send out Greninja and lay spikes and there's fuck all you can do about it". Partly because there was only one layer of anything, plus everything had passive recovery. Meaning that thinking 20 steps ahead, you could recover far more than what you lost with Spikes/Toxic/Sandstorm.
>>
Poverty in terms of viable Pokémon and items was hell in gen 1 and gen 2
This was to be expected with only 251 Pokémon altogether, most being NFE or gimmicky shitters, so the number of usable Pokémon with workable stats was slim. Every team in gen1 OU was copypasted and was built to exploit big fucking bugs and ended up being brute force-flavored rock-paper-scissors
shallow movepool was a problem too, Gen 1 level-up sets were retarded and TMs couldn't save them, gen2 fixed some but it was like putting a band-aid on a 00 shotgun wound.
And then gen2 introduced items that were so barebones, leftovers on fucking everything and goldberry/rest shenanigans.
>>
>>32878938
Gen 6 was a mess. And yea, I know weather in Gen 5 made the game immensely hyper offensive and nuclear, it was also synergetic and loaded with strategies(shit like Rain Dash was viable as weather was permanent). Gen 7 could be close, but allot buffs(especially the transformation turn for megas) and nerfs(byebye cancerbird) happened,Z-moves being gems but better, and the buffs to Terrains made the meta as flexible as Gen 5(a bit less offensive).
>>
>>32879147
>Rain Dash
Ah, I meant Rain Dish. My mistake.
>>
>>32879147
>byebye cancerbird
I really wish Bravest Bird wasn't nerfed, since it could've kept a lot of the bullshit in the meta in check.

Can you imagine Mosa having a reliable check and not being banned? It means hazard control is a thing and Greninja Spike bullshit isn't such cancer. Not to mention how great it is having a blanket check to HO in general. Bravest bird really was the hero OU needed but not the one it deserved.

F
>>
>>32878943
metas:

3/4>5>6>2>1>7

coming from an old fag who play competitive since gen1 and is in every meta high elo since GS-Simulator then Netbattle, then Shoddy, then Smogon.

[202] and [386] are still my favorite modes OU,UU and Ubers.
>>
>>32879147
>hyper offensive and nuclear
how is this a bad thing? fuck stall trash.

>>32879354
Dude I just got a nostalgia flash just by reading your comment. thanks for that anon.
>>
4>3>2>5>1>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>6>7

only correct answer
>>
>>32879354
>202 and 386

I bet most underaged fags doesn't even know what you mean with that.
>>
>>32878938
Nothing was more fun than seeing Azelf w/stealth rock + explosion every single battle in 4th gen
>>
>>32878938
>weeb
>>
when gen 6 first released and everything was unbanned
>>
>>32878979
The only reason gen 2 was even remotely difficult is because it was an undeveloped game still.

Abilities and natures didnt exist, phys/spec, and IVs were the biggest heap of shit to be implemented
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.