[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to make a Red Fire Hack ROM and I need your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: NoPokeBattle.png (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
NoPokeBattle.png
109KB, 800x600px
I'm planning to make a Red Fire Hack ROM and I need your opinion. The Plot is simple: Pokemon battles have been banned. However, with this decree, the world of trainers became an underworld of illegal battles, bets, etc. I intend to use existing pokemons plus some fakemons.
-What do you think of the idea?
-Do you have any tips or fakemons in mind?
>>
>>32871734
>any tips
don't use fakemons

otherwise the idea sounds good
>>
>>32871748
Not even the starters?
>>
>>32871734
>>32871748
>hating pokemon clover
peasants
>>
>>32871757
I don't Hate clover. I just want to make my own fakemon
>>
>>32871778
Just do it. Also, leave /vp/ for a more accepting community. There are snobs everywhere in this 4chan board.
>>
>>32871751
not even the starters. if you wanna do the "hip" thing bring in a starter from each gen.

>>32871757
i didn't hate clover until they started being fucking autistic and shitposting in every single thread
>>
>>32871734
Why Fire Red over Emerald? Are you planning to use the Kanto region or keep the gen 3 battle mechanics? If not, Emerald has much better resources available, including an upgrade for its battle engine that adds everything up to gen VI, with gen VII on the way.
>>
>>32871865
By fire red I mean gen 3 (gba)
>>
>>32871800
This. Believe it or not, Reddit is probably the best site other than pokecommunity for aspiring hackers. /R/pokemonromhacks is a good place with positive feedback
>>
>>32871734
Maybe have scraggy as a starter
>>
>>32871751
not even starters. I hate fakemon.

also if any of you want a decent FireRed hack, I'm in the middle of playing Pokemon Gaia which is an excellent hack.

the only bullshit was the Braille Code later in the game. as if anybody knows Braille.
>>
>>32871907
Yes, they're asking why you're using Fire Red over Emerald for a GBA hack, when Emerald has better resources nowadays.
>>
>>32871734
Don't listen to >>32871748
Fakemon can give your game a certain spice that realmons can't. Every fan knows exactly how all the real Pokemon work, while fakemon on the other hand leave the player with something they have no previous knowledge of. It adds a special kind of difficulty that makes the game feel significantly more exciting.
>>
>>32871734
Fakemons are garbage. Your ideas arent better than GF's, who have gone theough multiple rounds of quality assurance, and have had teams of creators go over each one.

Idea sounds okay tho.
>>
>>32871734
>plus some fakemons
Please, no.
>>
>>32871734
either add mons from later gens or keep the ones that are already in the game
>>
Fakemon are fine and make the game interesting. As long as they aren't super overly designed and edgy. Look at mons from things like Vega or Sage.
>>
>>32874166
Google does, and it takes literally 5 seconds to find the first image of all letters with their braille translation.
>>
>>32871734
Many people have told you how much they hate fakemon this or don't do fakemon that. Well, don't listen to them OP. If your first concept for a game included fakemon, you should go with it as you feel. Who knows, you yourself might discard the idea later on in development, but my point is, never leave this decision to the first five 4chan shitters that come along.

Let me tell you tho, only go with fakemon if you're confident on your talent to make them. A good fakemon takes TIME and WORK. That's why many people hate them, because all they've ever seen are shitty fakemons from shitty hacks, and thus they associate that any new hack with fakemon is shit. This assumption is assissine for people who are just starting rom hacking and are in need of tips.

As I said, fakemon are not as easy as many deviantart users want to believe it is. Anybody can pixelate their weird monster creature into a sprite and put it in their game, but then you end with clusterfucks like quartz, life of guardians, blaze red or clover. Not that these games can't have other strengths, but fakemon certainly aren't it.

You need to do a lot of research, a lot of sketches, a lot of stat, move and ability balancing, and all in all, if you dedicate your fakemon the time they need, it will be probably the second most consuming part of making your game only after the coding. But that's how it should be is what I'm saying.

A good alternative to making original fakemon is making evolutions to canon pokemon. It is much easier to bring to a decent end as you have a base to work with, and everybody knows the canon pokemon, so you have better chances of making something that will get people to remember the hack (what? corsola gets an evo in this game? nice!).

Other than that, the premise seems nice enough. Hope you don't go overboard with edge but I'll probably play it if I ever find this hack in the future.
>>
>>32871865
>>32871907
>>32874847
I am using emereld then
>>
File: Bug Dark or bug Ghost.png (4KB, 270x91px) Image search: [Google]
Bug Dark or bug Ghost.png
4KB, 270x91px
>>32871734
>-Do you have any tips or fakemons in mind ?

You can add regional variants/retyped forms at least.
>>
>>32875426
Yeah, I'm probably not using fakemons... not only because of the comments, but because it doesn't actually fits the idea of my game. I will save my fakemon concepts for a future game. For now my gratest dilema is the starters...
>>
File: shiny solrock.png (111KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
shiny solrock.png
111KB, 431x431px
>>32871734
I think this idea sounds nice, as long as the story comes into the gameplay itself annd is not just a reason to move from point a to point b. what are you planing to implant? factions? evading cops? would you be able to buy pokemons at the black market? would there be gambling minigames? coloseum? pokeraces? ilegal drugs to use on pokemons during battles? ilegal marriege between pok- ok not that.

about fakemons...don't. it just doesn't feel right to have fakemons with original pokemons. if you must, make evos or prevos to existing pokemons, and maybe bring in missingno.
>>
>>32876260
Pikachu or Eevee
>>
>>32871778
/vp/ hates pokemon. You are better off somewhere else tbph
>>
>>32876298
2 or 3 factions, evading cops for sure, buying and selling pokemons as well, gambling and races are good but not essential, colosseum doesn't makes sense to me. I haven't thought about drugs, but thats great as well. And about fakemons, I made my mind. there wont be any
>>
>>32871734
Make cops the main villian team.
>>
>>32876574
i meant colloseum as in pit fights where you can either go in as participent or gamble from the side
make an add risk of 20% chance a fainted pokemon in the arena be gone for good.
>>
>>32876591
That is for sure!
>>32876605
That seems good, but is something that I would add in the game in the last stages of development
>>
>>32876771
also, don't give up on fakemons.
Smoking, a poison fire gas
Repiv,, a poison electric snake
Sluj, a poison water waste

the 3 starters would be
Koffing
Ekens
Grimer

>>32876591
Whats the point of a game where you are the bad guys if now you are the good guys? ravel in your immorality, don't be half-assed.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.