[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which generation(s) "ruined" Pokémon? If applicable,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: AllPokemonGenerations.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AllPokemonGenerations.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
Which generation(s) "ruined" Pokémon? If applicable, you may apply more than one Pokémon generation
>>
Gen 1
>>
>>32864875
Gen 6 led to a decrease in quality, but none of the generations have really ruined Pokemon. Talk to me when main games stop selling millions.
>>
>>32864875
Honestly? None of them

I don't particularly care for gen 2 or 6, but I like gens 3 and 7, so its not like they ruined anything but their own generation.
>>
>>32864875
2, 3, 4 , 5 ,6 and 7
>>
>>32864887
Oh, of course, this is considering FRLG as gen 3, HGSS as gen 4, and ORAS as gen 6.

If you want to claim the remakes are the same "gen" as the originals, use the region instead.
>>
>>32864875
None considering they all still sell millions per release.
>>
>>32864875
>Remakes not in the generations they got made
Come on. This is beyond stupid, since those games are actually attained to an actual generation.
>>
>>32864885
People just keeps buying the games because it's a trend/tradition.
Sales aren't a synonym for quality, they just make GF keep repeating themselves with least artistic initiative each time.
>>
>>32864875
Generation 2 really was the worst of the bunch. 6 and 7 righted the ship.

X/Y are probably the best of the series overall
>>
Last gen I fully played was gen 4. From gen 5 on up I've been making g less and less progress threw the games. Hell I can't even remember gen 6 all that well and gen 7 I stopped after getting off the first island.
>>
>inciting genwars
>>
>>32864885
this
>>
File: 1488821417599.jpg (215KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488821417599.jpg
215KB, 500x499px
>>32864926
>XY
>>
File: 1498299918794.png (16KB, 362x243px) Image search: [Google]
1498299918794.png
16KB, 362x243px
MODS
>>
>>32864888
First of all, trips confirm; second, I understand the general sentiment but I don't take it quite as far.

The biggest problem is GF seems to be almost unable to develop games beyond gen 1 without blatantly harkening back to the original; gen 4 was the only time they really broke away.
>>
>>32864926
Unbelivably shit taste.
>>
>>32864952
this isn't trying to start a war, its a discussion you fucking dumbass, read rule #1
>>
>>32864875
Gen IV ruined it design-wise.
Gen VI ruined it gameplay-wise.
You literally cannot disagree with this.
>>
>>32864926
you started so, so strong

And then you ended so, so terribly.
>>
File: 1438546914735.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1438546914735.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>32864952
>he thinks there are mods on /vp/
>he thinks that the non-existent mods enforce that rule at all
>>
>>32864925
>Gaming
>Artistic

Come on. I would agree if you have said creative or even innovative, but artistic? Stop this bullshit.
>>
>>32864882
Fuck you nigger - it had reason, none of you shits would be here without me
>>
Gen 3 was the worst dick move ever.
90% of the fanbase stopped at Gen 2 for that reason.
>>
>>32864926
Are you a textbook contrarian?
>>
>>32864926
ladies and gentlemen, here we see the contrarian, in its natural habitat
>>
I think all have their own way of fucking up.
Gen 1 while nostalgic is super glitchy and exploitable. Making it both fun and annoying as shit.
Gen 2 uses the same engine as gen 1 but fixed the special stat but still had a stupid spe/phs system for moves and really didn't add too many mons. But it also let you explore two regions and the red fight is one of the biggest in gaming
Gen 3 had no backwards compatibility with gen 2 or 1 which is why remakes even happened so you could possibly catch most of the Pokedex. But it was slow, had shitty gyms. But also one of the better stories, and did introduce remakes into Cannon.
Gen 4 was slow as shit until Platinum it made it so legendaries were really stretched to there limits. The Pokemon in that gen while fun had a bit lacking. But it did fix the spe/phy problem from earlier gens. And did show amazing promise with remakes with hg/ss.
Gen 5 was supposed to be a soft reboot but alienated older fans. The story was good but b/w 2 were kind of shitty other than the world championship.
Gen 6 was way too easy because of two starters and giving you a mewtwo. But the meta was a lot more fun, out side of mega kangaskhan. but the story was as weak as it was with gen 1. But faires did help balance the meta more, even of there weren't many good picks.
Gen 7 is fun and has gotten rid of hms and a lot of other bloat, but encounters are slow, any double battles lag even the new 3ds, the Alola forms are unique but limited to gen 1 nostalgia trips.
I say they all killed it for one person or another.
>>
>>32865300
>any double battles lag even the new 3ds
Never had that problem on my new 3DSXL
>>
>>32865372
framerates are the same on both systems unfortunately. Loading times are a bit better though.
>>
>>32864875
Gen 4 looks so creepier than the others in this pic
>>
>>32864875
>Which generation(s) "ruined" Pokémon?
Gen 4 was by far the most damaging. Shit tier phys/spec split, slow as shit gameplay, awful regions, no real improvements. The best thing we got out of gen 4 was menu buttons on the lower screen.
>>
>>32865372
There is sometimes a half-second wait after a command goes through in double or royale. This is pretty noticeable even on the N3DSxL which I do own.
You probably never notice this if you don't play multi on the Battle Tree nor Battle Royal.
>>
>>32864875
gen 3, gen 6, gen 7
>>
>>32865543
>shit tier phys/spec split
opinion discarded
>>
>>32864913
>>32864875
This triggers me so much. Someone fix this for the love of god
>>
>>32865213
>Gen 1 is posting on this board RIGHT NOW
>>
It's so easy: Gen 5
>>
>>32865591
Sometimes it's more than half a second
I've put in my moves and waited up to 5 seconds for the camera to stop spinning around
>>
File: JunichiSplit.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
JunichiSplit.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
>>32865543
Agreed.
>>
>>32864875
Gen 7
>removed features like horde battles, Super Training, and O-powers
>most of the new non-legend pokemon are low-tier
>>
>>32864875
For me, at least,6/7.
6 ruined it, but I was in denial until 7 broke me.
They just feel so lazy compared to everything before it that it reminded me that pokemon is just another agent of capitalism out to separate me from my shekels.
I know this has always been the case, but I didn't notice it until they pulled out the effort-rug that was covering it.
>>
>>32864875
I say the downfall started from Gen 6, it started a gimmicky on M-Evos, made the world around iy, poorly balancing the shit out of it only giving it to few pokemon who really needed it like M-Bee, M-Maw and M-Lop and the rest being a popularity contest and in cases like M-Audino and argueably on the case of M-Gallade failed to make the mon better or distinguishable enough to carve a niche only to shove it later for the brand new gimmicky on Z-Moves who was supposed to make less used mons better and made the good mons even better while these ones remain as forgetable as before. And Gen 7 while better than 6 has his own share of flaws like post-game lacking in content, removal of usefull features like the PSS and Super training and felling very incomplete.
>>
>>32866504

>caring about tiers.
>>
3 and 5
>>
>>32866504
>new legendaries are low tier
>all of them but Guzzlord and Xurkitree are high tirt OU and 3 of them are Ubers
terrible bait. Have a (You).
>>
File: sadhitlersad.gif (966KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
sadhitlersad.gif
966KB, 500x391px
>>32866628
T H I S
H
I
S

They needed to force the innovation by adding a lot of gimmicks to make the promotion of the games easier. It's a shame. I want new Pokémon games without gimmicks, only a game good by itself with all well known characteristics.
>>
>>32866792
Play gen 5 f a m
>>
>>32866803
That's what I'm still doing.
>>
>>32864875
5 is the only Gen I would consider irredeemable garbage, 7 will at least get another chance with USUM.
>>
>>32864875

II was garbage for a good few factors:
-extremely poor Pokemon availability
-abysmal EXP gain despite Claire and the E4 being massively bumped higher in levels than anything up to that point
-objectively terrible starters from a stat and movepool perspective
-a gimped Kanto which barely feels like a region considering there's gating whatsoever and half of it is just gone for reasons.

More personal gripe but I feel like people shunning the experimental style used for B/W for just more of the usual in the sequels was super disheartening to see.
>>
File: Gens.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gens.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>32864875
>>32866217
Fix'd
>>
File: tumblr_or5ae4ntXn1qzhjh2o1_540.jpg (67KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or5ae4ntXn1qzhjh2o1_540.jpg
67KB, 540x405px
>>32864875
i think gen III did just cause that was the start of designs i didn't like and satoshi went thro puberty in the anime. but now I've come to appreciate it.
>>
>>32864935

no wonder you dont remember them when you "throw" them...out the window i suppose, instead of actually playing them
>>
>>32865300

take english lessons pls, was hard to read
>>
>>32867431

shit taste.

gen5 was the only legit refreshing entry that wasnt trying hard to pander to nostalgiafags in one way or another.
>>
>>32864875
Gen 1 when it came to the west and made nostalgiafags like you op.
>>
>>32867654
Gen 1 made your ass where it is now fucker.
>>
>>32864885
Gen 6's overall designs and original roles and playability of the released Pokemon began to decline, besides Aegislash, Talonflame and Kangaskhan M none wer
>>
>>32867663
were all that fun to use.
>>
>>32865091
Games are art, whether you like it or not.

>>32867659
I wasnt completely serious, just insulting op for being a retard who thinks pokemon is ruined.
>>
>>32867669
It's ok I was shitposting too. Fuck Gen 1
>>
File: ed7.jpg (45KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
45KB, 596x628px
>>32864926
>>32865058
>>
>>32864875
Gen 2 and HGSS
>>
>>32864875
3 and 5.
Shitty regions with awful characters and a soft reboot feel. No thanks.
>>
>>32864875
>Which generation(s) "ruined" Pokémon? If applicable, you may apply more than one Pokémon generation

Gen I
It was too much of a success.
Pokemon got too popular and became third biggest N's cash cow besides Mario and Zelda.
Each next gen was just further descend into spiral of shekeling, with each next entry being increasingly more lagging behind actually good gamedevs.
The newer pokemon forfeit quality of design for easy manufacture of merch.
Newer games are more riddled with questionable dev choices or straight up blunders/lazyness

Pokemon is like a snake that ate a sheep and is more and more choking on it.
>>
>>32864875
None
Each Gen has its own style that might influence the future Gens. You might like one or not and more or less effort went into the making of each one but everyone is at least decent.
As of my opinions (like if they matter):
>Gen 1
Clunky and unbalanced, the world design is great despite the lack of variety.
>Gen 2
It feels like Gen 1 but fixed and improved. They fucked the level scaling in the process though.
>Gen 3
Mixed, as in it has some very good parts (Route 119 to Lilycove) but a lot of long and tedious parts (late game). Overall, the pacing was mediocre.
>Gen 4
I have never done a proper playthrough of Sinnoh, all I can tell is that it felt sluggish and the region wasn't very good. HG/SS added even more to Gen 2 but didn't fix the level scaling.
>Gen 5
It felt dynamic and fresh, but it suffered from the plot (it wasn't bad, but it feels too shoehorned imo). B2W2 was way better though and is objectively the most complete game to date.
>Gen 6
Dull overall. The characters are pointless and are just here to fill the gaps; too much handholding. The game is unpolished.
>Gen 7
They tried to bring something new to the table but the game is centred around characters akin to Gen 6, you either like it or you hate it.
Too much handholding again and everything feels forced.

Also, the artstyle got progressively worse
>>
>>32868341
>Also, the artstyle got progressively worse
This 100%. I don't think the games necessarily declined with each Gen but the artstyle definitely did. (American) Red and Blue's sprites are really cool imo. Yellow matched them more with the anime which was the start of the decline. Silver has a cool artstyle for sprites, but Gold and Crystal also feel like a slight step down. Hoenn's sprites were a big step down artstyle wise but I liked the artstyle of everything else. Gen 4 and onwards I hate artistically
>>
>>32864875
In the real life sense Gen 3 was responsible for a lot of the drop off of Pokemon's popularity. Cutting the ability to transfer your Pokemon and not being able to "Catch em' all" were bad decisions. It was also the beginning of the player must save the world trope vs the earlier games which were basically just adventures.
>>
XY did. Sun&Moon are trying to make things good again, but they aren't as good as the 2D games were.
>>
>>32866803
You can only play it so many times...
>>
I adored Gen 1-2

I was ok with gen 3-4

I did not like gen 5 much

Gen 6 was shit
>>
>>32864875
5 and 7, the end
>>
3 and 5 were the only one's that felt like they were really advancing the series honestly. 3 was the end of the honeymoon stage.

I love 3 but that's when pokemon got different. It's never felt the same to me
>>
>>32867669
Games are fun. Art isn't fun.
All this movement trying to make games more than they really are is pretty stupid. Games can be fun and be treated serious without being art.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.