[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come I don't feel any nostalgia playing these games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How come I don't feel any nostalgia playing these games? My first ever region was Hoenn and it's the reason why I grew loving Pokemon but how come I don't feel any connection to the remakes at all, no matter how hard I try? I want to feel like I'm playing the original Ruby and Sapphire and trying to imagine it in just an updated version but it just won't work. I don't feel anything at all. It's like I'm playing a completely different game and it makes me fucking sad. Is it because the drastic change from 2d pixels to 3d? If the Hoenn games were remaked during Gen 5 then probably I still would feel a little nostalgic playing it.
>>
>>32860835
Two possible reasons:

Game Freak failed in their mission to keep it familiar, only resulting in missing features it should have had

Alternatively, its just what happens, I recall people saying the exact same thing when HGSS came out
>This isn't at all what I remember
>Why am I not feeling nostalgia
>why is this so much worse then the originals!

Now, unlike then, I doubt people will come to see them as great games, unlike HGSS, but I'm simply pointing out it happened with them too.
>>
I'm a hoenn and loved the games

It was a different take on hoenn
>>
>>32860853
No one said that about hgss....

Gen 3 is the worst gen so when you replay a better modern version it still sucks
>>
>>32860835
It's because it isn't 'R/S but 3D!', it's a total revamp with new characters, new places, new story additions, new gimmicks, new features; some things were also removed. You won't get nostalgia because of all these differences, as it's not just redone, it's totally remade.
>>
>>32860835
You grew up anon.
>>
Gen I was my first gen and I didn't feel nostalgia for FRLG (and HGSS) too. I didn't know that people could feel nostalgia for remakes.
>>
>>32860853
>>32860874

Don't get me wrong, ORAS are good games on their own. They sure are better versions of the originals. The music, characters, layout, or just the region itself is fantastic and very faithful to the originals but I just can't seem to connect to it like how I did with my Pokemon Ruby. I've tried playing it for the 3rd time and there's just no chemistry. I really feel like it's the drastic change to 3d that's why I can't appreciate it. It's so different and new that I can't see Hoenn in it anymore.
>>
>>32860835
details absents and thing added can break the ilussion but not more that some NPC dialogues
>>
>>32860835
The only nostlagic moment for me was the leaf intro.
>>
>>32860886
kys
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.