[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, so... I know Im a little late to the party, but... Im jumping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

ok, so... I know Im a little late to the party, but... Im jumping back into pokemon after a very long hiatus. basically, the only games i ever played (and completed) were red, blue, gold and silver. a friend is giving me a 3ds tomorrow, along with sun and moon, so... wat do?
i know i have a lot to catch up on, so any help is appreciated. I have no idea how things work anymore, i mean, it's still pokemon, but how different is it?
>>
pretty much anything i need to know between g/s to now, i know it's... a lot
>>
>overall
Stats are different from Gold and Silver. There are six stats now, the Special has been replaced by a seperate Special Attack and Special Defense.
Attacks are divided in physical and special moves now. It says what it is when you select a move, physical uses the regular Attack stat and special the Special Attack one.
New type: Fairy-type. Jigglypuff-line, Clefairy-line, Mr. Mime and Marill are the only first two gen Pokémon that are retconned into (part)-Fairy type.
Pokemon have abilities now. Things like 'this Pokémon can't be confused' or 'this Pokémon's Speed stat increases every turn until it's KO or the stat is maxed'.
The Pokémon on the box is plot important.

>S/M
Gyms are gone, replaced by a wild buffed Pokémon you have to beat.
HMs are gone, so no need for a HM member in your party anymore.
Wild Pokémon can call for help in this game, but only if they don't have a status effect (paralyze, sleep etc.)
After you see a Pokémon for the first time, you can see the effectivity of your Pokémon's move against it.
>>
>>32860496
TMs are infinite too. Also, the special split happened in G/S
>>
Just play the game. You'll get the hang of it. It isn't rocket science.
>>
>>32860521
You are completely right. I thought the split happened in gen III, but I think I was confused with the way IVs or EVs are done in gen II, compared to gen III. Which isn't very interesting for OP unless he wants to do competitive.
>>
>>32860496
>>32860521
sweet, thanks! so no more hm whores, no more buying multiple copies of one tm or having to make a tough decision as to who gets what, i kinda like those.
he said he'd give me both sun and moon, and x and y, is there a way to send my pokemon from the previous gen game to the newest one by myself or do i need someone to help me out and trade with me twice?
>>
also, im guessing my oooold old pokemon (the ones i still have in r/b and g/s) are useless, right? there's no way to trade those into these games/consoles?
>>
>>32860607
i had a complete dex in g/s (sans celebi)
>>
Use pokebank. Also, you cannot transfer pokemon from rby cartridges, only from virtual console.
>>
>>32860591
There is an 3DS app called Pokémon Bank. For 5 bucks a year you can use it to transfer Pokémon from X and Y to S/M.

>>32860607
No, there is not. The only way to get them in your game is by buying the 3DS Virtual Console gen I games or waiting for Gold and Silver to release on the Virtual Console. But your old games can't be used.
>>
alright, thanks everyone, this has been very helpful, like >>32860529 said, it's not rocket science, but i didnt want to jump into it blind haha.
if you consider there's anything else i need to know, go ahead, ill check out this thread again in an hour or so
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.