[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Still doesn't get Brave Bird Why does Gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Unpleasant.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Unpleasant.png
51KB, 250x250px
>Still doesn't get Brave Bird
Why does Gamefreak hate it so much?
>>
just fucking look at the female version
>>
>>32858982
I don't get it

It's not a brave bird, it's that simple
>>
>>32858982
Poor basic bird, it needs some game freak love asap
>>
>>32858982
>Still doesn't get Brave Bird

Why would they give it to a scaredy chicken?
>>
Because clearly Wargle and Mandibuzz were meant to be the regional bird of Unova but somewhere in development someone decided they should evolve in the 50s and only be catchable at the Elite 4.

So they needed to shit out an early game bird . That's why the entire line is the laziest regional bird
>>
>>32859005
every regional bird aside of taillow has been a 3-stager though
>>
>>32859020
>Asida from Tailow

And Noctowl you dumbass.

So at the time before Gen 5 it was 2 for 2.
>>
>>32859020
And Hoothoot
>>
Staraptor still da best regional bird just like Diggersbro best region rat.
Borderline for life but they will always be OU in my heart.
>>
>>32859056
Regional Bird Tier List

God tier
Starraptor
Talonflame

High Tier
Swellow

Nostalgia Tier
Pidgeot

Mediocre Tier
Noctowl
Toucanon

FAILURE Tier
Unfezant
>>
>>32859022
>>32859024
johto's regional bird is pidgey. falkner uses one, it's more common than hoothoot, and johto and kanto are treated as a single entity more often than not.
>>
>>32859079
>Talonflame
Always forget that he's one.

>Swellow
Big question? What was with that SpA buff in SM?
>>
>>32858982
The same reason everyone hates it; it's a weak, ugly ripoff of an iconic Pokemon and has a lazy, forgettable design.
>>
>>32859022
>>32859079
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>32859022
>skipping Hoothoot and Wingull
>>
>>32859005

This. Also when you look at Unfezant's moveset, it's like GF toyed with the idea of making the regional bird special-based for a change, but they chickened out when doing the stats. Then in Gen 6, they buffed its Physical Attack. What were they doing?

Poor Unfezant, it is at a pretty high level of JUST.
>>
>>32859117
>mentions noctowl in post
>somehow skips hoothoot
??
>>
>>32858982
>supposed to be based on doves and pigeons that evolve into a wilder species
>don't get at least brave bird on their first stage
Meanwhile WW2 pigeons getting awarded with medals and tributes. Sad!
>>
>>32859084
Johto in general suffered from "too many Kanto Pokemon" for a new gen
>>
>>32859119
Not as high as other gen 5 justmons, look at Klinklang.
>>
>>32859096
Swellow actually tends to run Special sets, ever since it got Boomburst.
>>
>>32859005
Do you work for CNN?
Any source on your claims?
>>
>>32859130
>Klinklang

Touché, I have this weird tendency to forget about Beta Magnezone and its horrible movepool. It has a decent buffing move, but jeeezus that poor coverage.
>>
>>32858982
Because it's a bird
>>
>Seismitoad doesn't get Waterfall
What were they thinking?
>>
>>32859084
anon, even you don't believe yourself. just admit you forgot hoothoot.
>>
>>32858992
lewd i know
>>
>>32858982
>115 attack
>93 speed
>only physical Flying move it has is Sky Attack
Why?
>>
>>32859709
elaborate on why you think hoothoot qualifies
>>
>>32859079
>not including pelipper

For what raisin?
>>
>>32859738
Name a reason that Pidgey is gen 1s regional bird and not Spearow or Doduo, and I promise every single one will apply to Hoothoot.
>>
>>32859757
Wingull is less regional bird and more regional Zubat and Tentacool combined into one unholy package
>>
>>32859117
>Skipping Spearrow and Doduo
>>
>>32859761
it's the most common and basic bird-type in the region and the rival uses it
>>
>>32858982
it's not brave, it's a dirty peasants
>>
>>32859761
>>32860825
>zubat is johto's regional bird
woah
>>
>>32859761
Ash used it, like all regional birds.
The fact he hasn't picked up one of the Pikipek line so far is shocking.
Asked for a reason, not a strong one.
>>
>>32860863
that can be applied to hoothoot/ noctowl though
>>
>>32858982
At least Unfezent has some sort of an obscure niche in scope lens, super luck night slashes. Unfezant is better than Noctowl or Pidgeot (before mega).
>>
>>32860913
And it's the regional bird of Johto.
?????????????
The rule still applies.
>>
>>32859079
Only tier list on this board I've found myself agreeing with
>>
>>32861397
Noctowl is based though. I like it more than Shitgeot.
>>
>>32861375
>anon1: give me a reason why pidgey is a regional bird and not spearow, doduo, the same reason will apply to hoothoot
anon argues hoothoot is regional bird so is asking some anon to disprove that
>anon2: ash used it, like all regional birds
>anon3: but that applies to hoothoot as well

reading comprehension
>>
>>32859735
I assume gf wanted for it to have a critical hit spam niche, but from there onwards they fucked up basically everything else that would have made the concept work.

It doesn't get slash, so its best normal STAB with high critical hit ratio is razor wind, a special 2-turn move.

It has air cutter, but it is special, and while STAB sky attack on a critical hit deals massive damage coming off from 115 attack, it is too fragile to ever successfully wait out the charging turn.

Unfezant is basically limited to landing hypnosis, setting tailwind, maybe deal some damage with night slash or return if it gets the crit, and then roost whatever damage that didn't directly kill it.

It is a shame because I kinda like it otherwise. The female version is incredibly boring too, unacceptable considering they've made other gender versions look better in the same fucking gen.
>>
File: Gallus Lafayetti.jpg (59KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
Gallus Lafayetti.jpg
59KB, 800x457px
>>32861454
>The female version is incredibly boring too
This is the only thing they got right.Females of the Phasianidae are incredibly dull looking.
>>
>>32862532
Yes, but in terms of a pokemon, who would use the dull, featureless version of something when the more interesting one is sitting right next to it? grab an example of the same gen: male and female jellicent. Some might like the male for the pringles moustache or the color blue, some might likem the female for the fancy pink and the heart mouth.

The point is, none is particularly less interesting than the other and this gives people the possibility to choose between both varieties. If female jellicent was just the male without the moustache and with the tip of the tentacles painted a slightly darker shade of blue, who would use it over the male, ever? unfezant is the same thing. Female unfezant could easily sport a dark, short masquerade to constrast with the male's long red one, and that's just one of many things that could be done with it so that when someone thinks of unfezant (which is already rare) they at least have ONE reason to remember the female.

Gender variants is one of the few cases where I fully support gf somewhat overdesigning it or adding details that deviate from the source so that it isn't as dull as its real-life inspiration. Or else, the day we get a proper pokemon with a rooster-hen gender difference, the rooster will be cool while the hen will be literally a dumbed down, grayscale version that no one will ever use, but everybody will fucking surely bring it up when talking about "how uninspired the new gens are".
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.