[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did pokemon games on here feel so lifeless and dull?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 800px-Nintendo-DS-Fat-Blue.png (507KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Nintendo-DS-Fat-Blue.png
507KB, 800x728px
why did pokemon games on here feel so lifeless and dull? was it the speed?
>>
>>32858915
>lifeless and dull
but anon that's how all pokemon games feel
Alternatively you got Pokemon fatigue.
>>
>>32858921
This is DS not 3ds
>>
>>32858929
this post has no reason to exist
>>
But anon...the DS games are the best
>>
>>32858934
He said "anon you got Pokemon fatigue"

That means current

If he said anon you had Pokemon fatigue

Then ok. Ds hasn't got a Pokemon game since 2012
>>
>>32858944
>rigidly interpreting tenses on an anon post that doesn't even have proper capitalization or punctuation
>>
>>32858915
The jump to 3D made it dull andlifeles.
>>
>>32860555
>>
File: 1200px-Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png (1MB, 1200x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png
1MB, 1200x1088px
why do pokemon games on here feel so half finished? was it the speed?
>>
But the DS games were the best
>>
>>32858915
After red/blue there was nothing new in Pokémon. People like to eat up sequels and remakes so that's what the video game and movie industry will continue to produce.
>>
>>32858915
It was a combination of the speed and the regions being excessively large with not enough to fill the empty space.

>>32860665
Game Freak starts working on the next gen as soon as the previous gen hits the shelves. Putting in features isn't as easy as snapping a few more blocks onto a lego creation.

The cynic in me thinks GF knows pokemon fans will love anything with pokemon in it, no matter how unfinished it is. So they don't really have any incentive to finish a pokemon game.
>>
File: 1466468396695.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466468396695.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>32858915
>>
>>32858915
They say that posting the exact same thread over and over again on /vp/ will always get you laid
>>
why did pokemon games on here feel so lifeless and dull? was it the speed?
>>
>>32858915
It had good and bad. The sprites were the best but some of the move animations were the worst. The overworld maps were nice but the pseudo-3D structures were terrible. As an aesthetic it depends on your preference. Some people like it, some people don't. I don't like the overworld of gens 4, 5, or 6.

Even with the ugly structures and my personal dislike of gen 4 there are a lot of nice memorable areas in it. I can't hate it even if I want to. I guess that goes for a lot of things in pokemon.
>>
>>32861095
These are my favorite games but I do admit they are really flawed. It's going to sound stupid and cliché but the simplistic animations really engage the imagination and make you envision more than what is presented. The dullness after a while helps you concentrate on the small important things because you are not distracted by anything flashy and unnecessary. It has everything you need and nothing you don't.
>>
>>32858915
That's not a 3ds
>>
>>32861163
I feel the same. The more elaborate graphics just accentuate how empty the world really is.
>>
File: 1463918773658.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463918773658.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>32859918
This
>>
>>32858915
Diamond and Pearl were slower in terms of animation speed, yes. Same doesn't apply to the rest though.
>>
>>32860782
The cynic in you is wrong. GF themselves in the past have said they don't like doing remakes if they're just going to make the same game.

Seems Ohmori doesn't agree with that sentiment though when you consider OR/AS was mostly just a graphic update.
>>
>>32858929
He's right tho
>>
DS was the decline
3DS the fall
>>
>>32862168
I'm pretty sure Platinum and HGSS suffered from the exact same slowness issues with the exception of saving (Saving a lot of data came up less often) and Surfing speed which was sped up. Everything else still has that lagging slowdown.
>>
>>32858915
They were fun on DS Lite.
>>
>>32861095
Nah it was the lack of fucking light on the screen
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.