[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Decide to play some smogon >EVERYTHING is banned now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Sakura_no_Uta9.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sakura_no_Uta9.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
>Decide to play some smogon
>EVERYTHING is banned now.

What the fuck happened?
Even some combination of moves and abilities are banned.
>>
>>32854788
While it's true that some of their bans are debatable, if everything you try is banned you must have quite a cancerous play style and I'm glad you can't make use of it
>>
>>32854820
/tthread
>>
File: 1384229248579.png (75KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1384229248579.png
75KB, 500x285px
>>32854788
I lost interest in competitive before Gen VII but it looks like a complete fucking shitshow now. Shit like the Tapus and UBs are wrecking shit left and right, there's a ton of shit in PU that has no right to be there, and instead of banning the aforementioned Tapus and UBs they're banning shit like fucking BATON PASS.
And Lando-T still isn't fucking banned, to add insult to injury.
>>
>>32854832
Lando-T isn't banned because it keeps the metagame in check :^)
>>
>>32854788
>Even some combination of moves and abilities are banned.
Is this true anymore? the only one I remember was speed boost+baton pass not being legal (although this was a consequence of a ban, not a direct ban) and they changed the BP clause to a simple "no pass ever" ban.
>>
>>32854859
>Is this true anymore?
It's not, this is just a shitpost thread.
>>
>>32854832
Lando isn't banned because its a "glue that every team needs"
Ignore the fact they used "over centralization" as a reason in pretty much every single ban in gen 7 so far, it hurts the narrative.
>>
>>32854859
Maybe OP confused illegalities with bans
>>
>>32854832
I think Lando isn't that good in this gen, its defensive set is the one that carries it at this point, yes it got buffed with the z moves but there's better users like Magearnea, Volcarona, Gyarados, etc. Dugtrio and Zygarde are better offensive ground types due arena trap and thousand arrows. Now there's better and faster scarf users such Lele, Nihilego, Kartana (only for BB),but in doubles it's still good with scarf I have to say it.

The council is going full retarded for some reason like this guy said >>32854993 actually Mega-Metagross wasn't that OP but they said it have so many options that makes it "unpredictable" but when they say the same with Lando it makes it the best, but at the end the bad decisions of the council are evident when you see a lot of meme sets in the high leader working better than the actual meta sets.

I guess they aren't take it seriously because the move tutors will change a lot of things in the meta.
>>
They recently banned mega-Houndoum too, honestly the ban is pretty retarded.
>>
>blacklisted from OU
>Mega-Beedrill

ITS NOT FAIR! THE SPEED ORDER CHANGE WAS SUPPOSE TO SAVE IT!
what did the autists do to make Mega-Beedrill blacklisted from viability discussion?
>>
>>32858413
I could bet they compared it with Pheromosa.
>>
you do realize they have an anything goes teir right?
>>
>>32854788
>go to Showdown the other day to remake an LC team I had a ton of fun playing back in like 2014
>"Your team is invalid for the following reason: Swagger is banned"

fuck showdown and fuck smogon even if they have nothing to do with LC
>>
>>32858413
IIRC, it was considered straight inferior to Phero in everything it could do, and was banned from discussion before Phero was banned.
>>
File: who are you trying to convince.jpg (158KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
who are you trying to convince.jpg
158KB, 400x240px
>smogon
>relevant
>>
>>32854993
They said the same thing about smogon sword.
>>
>>32854788
In gen 6 they started banned megas like crazy, one mega would be banned, it just so happened that mega helped suppress usage of another mega, which would then be go crazy and be banned. This kept happening throughout all of gen 6, these Mega banwave chains. Now shit like Landorus is rampaging through the meta (it was the only thing that even kept Mega Metagross from being banned). So now they just ban whatever. In gen 4 they were a needed force, helping players have wifi battles with pretty good consistency. Now they're all autists who play more on a simulator than the actual games.
t. someone who played on showdown enough to be top of the gen 5 monotype ladder several times
>>
>>32858881
monotype means dick all.
There were only 6 megas that were banned in OU that their original forms were allowed because all (except for arguably Mega Sableye) were hella busted. Keeping "a broken mon in check with another broken mon" is an awful excuse.
>>
>>32858881
>monotype
They don't even have the same banlist as OU.
>>
>>32854788
You're doing one of three things.
1) Baiting, most likely, you got me.
2) Using illegalities like defog poison heal gliscor.
3) Trying to use funbro.
Don't be a retard.

>>32858881
>monotype
jej
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.