[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 6 was awful and rushed >Gen 7 is awful and rushed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: fire the purifier of the world.png (136KB, 457x512px) Image search: [Google]
fire the purifier of the world.png
136KB, 457x512px
>Gen 6 was awful and rushed
>Gen 7 is awful and rushed
>yfw this is their new business model and Gen 8 and beyond will be awful and rushed
>>
Now you're cooking with gas.

>games get worse on shift to more powerful hardware
>thinking they won't get even worse with even more powerful hardware
>when this is exactly happened with many Japanese developers with the jump to PS2/GC/Xbox and later PS3/360
>>
>>32849328

>Gen 6 started development right before Gen 5 was released
>Gen 7 started development right before Gen 6 was released

Neither was "rushed"
>>
>yfw franchises get steadily worse as they try to simultaneously cater and cling to the series' outdated roots while pushing it in new ways that alienate its original audience
>>
>>32849371
so omhori directed oras and Sun and moon at same time
>>
>>32849328

It's been proven time and time again that rushing games and shitting out a new entry every one or two years doesn't work as a business model because it makes the audience fatigued; look what happened to Guitar Hero and Call of Duty
>>
>>32849385
Yes.

>>32849387
Pokemon's been doing that since day one though.
>>
>>32849387
call of duty inviente warfare did bad sales. because trailer sucked ass so many dislikes.

Pokemon will never have that happen.

usm will obviously have sales decrease from Sun and moon though
>>
>>32849328

but diamond and pearl were fucked up even if they were working at them 3 or more years
>>
>>32849328
Gen 7 was better than shitfest of Gen 6,

there's a good chance that Gen 8 and so will be better than both gen 6 and 7
>>
>>32849328
Postgame.

Just give us some semblance of postgame that isn't just
>lol win 100 battles in a row in the battle shed!
>>
All Gen 7 needed were a few more Alolan forms, more of a post-game, better Dex variety, and more of a unique Dex per island.

The story and characters were great for Pokemon standards. The gameplay was great. Z-Moves were a cool addition. The visuals genuinely looked good unlike Gen 6.

Sun/Moon wasn't perfect but it was miles from shit. USM have every reason to be outstanding.
>>
>le rushed buzzword
Fuck off retard
>>
>>32849837
Yeah, the rushed meme is terrible. Anyone who knows what they're talking about know GF is just getting worse.
>>
>>32849328
>Gen 8 is awful and rushed
>The gen 4 remakes are going to be awful and rushed
please no
>>
>>32850163
They won't be rushed. But they will be awful, and people will call them rushed because of it.
>>
>>32849830
>USM have every reason to be outstanding

So did ORAS.
>>
>>32849830
>>32850178
USUM at least can reuse all of SM's assets instead of just a lot of them, so it has a slightly better chance of being good. Still not a sure thing after ORAS.

Also personally my biggest issue with SM is the region itself. The layout just isn't fun to explore at all, if you ask me. USUM won't be able to fix that, even if they add a new island or two it won't fix the other four and it can't be a favorite of mine from that alone, but I hope the game will at least improve everything else I took issue with or felt was lacking.
>>
>>32849408
>Yes.
How is that not rushed? Instead of 1 director giving a game their full attention they are balancing multiple games at once? So what if it takes them a while to produce it, it's b/c they aren't giving it the proper attention.
>>
>>32849676
>Gen 7 was better than shitfest of Gen 6
In precisely zero of the ways that actually matter, yes.
>>
>>32849830
>USM have every reason to be outstanding.
Sure, if you ignore the fact that they keep refusing to bring back the mechanics from the past people loved meaning they won't likely be here either.

They'll probably be good, yes, but only the permanent return of Contests, Musicals, Frontier, PWT, difficulty settings, Bicycle (or at least a feature where you can reachand stay at max movement speed without holding B), accurate D-Pad controls (or at least the option to set your controls to your liking), Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles, more evolutions to old Pokémon, more Mega Evolutions (but not to ones without at least 2 stages of normal evolution) would still just be the start of making them "outstanding".
>>
>>32850659
Oh, and can't forget toning down the handholding ideally somewhere near the level of BotW. Tutorials shouldn't be part of the story, they should be optional.

Especially when you know damn well some of the people playing have done so for decades.
>>
>>32849387
>>32849813

This

The lack of substantial post-game (that I know of) since Gen IV had already worn me out. Once SM info was being released, I went along with the hype. The new alolan forms and unique moves/abilities seemed so cool, but they ended up having nothing to back them up. They even managed to make it worse than Gen VI's post-game because they had to get rid of triple and rotation battles.

Unlike previous generations, I can't even go back and replay SM if I wanted to, since (it at least seems like) the initial hand-holding and story elements are much more drawn out. Combine that with the lack of a post-game and the asinine online matchmaking and there's nothing fun to do after beating the game just once.

I put down ORAS with the usual idea of "let's wait until the new stuff in the next gen and it will be fun again," but Sun and Moon completely broke my interest in these games. The only reason I even go to this board anymore is because I seriously have nothing better to do.
>>
>>32849387
Then why is it that only fags here complain about Gen 6/7 and not any other Gen when they do the same thing.
>>
>>32850260
Correct me if I am wrong but is this not a common thing in game development?
>>
>>32853358
The other gens weren't rushed.
>>
>>32853358
>I'm not wrong, everyone else is wrong!

>It makes complete sense that a large group of different people are all wrong instead of me because I am le epic intellectual gentleman!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32849375
>>32849328
When a franchise stops innovating and starts harkening back to its glory days, you know its dead.
>>
File: firered-leafgreen[1].jpg (85KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen[1].jpg
85KB, 470x235px
>>32853419
So it's been dead since 2004? lol
>>
When I think of a game that's rushed as hell, I immediately think of Spyro Enter the Dragonfly, nothing in that game works. Honestly I feel like the 3DS Pokemon games suffer from hardware limitations more than anything but hey that's just my opinion
>>
>>32853478
It's a remake, of course it would recall Gen 1. At least that serves its purpose as remakes. Unlike the constant genwunner shilling and nostalgia pandering in XY and SM. At this point the franchise is going the way of Sonic, and the fact that SM only drew in an audience with the crutch of Pokemon Go shows.
>>
>>32850659
>but only the permanent return of
never ever, too much work for GF and "where the inovation in all?"
>>
>>32849328
It's true, but /vp/ will gobble up Gen 8's hype regardless

Just like how ORAS were absolute garbage but people will get hyped for D/P remakes anyway

Just like how /vp/ hyped S/M and pretended it was a great game for a little while even though X/Y were trash
>>
>>32849328
>Gen 6 was ok
>Gen 7 was great
Why does /vp/ have such shit taste?
>>
>>32853367
Yes it is

Case in point Square Enix had Tetsuya Nomura working on like 4 AAA titles at the same time
>>
>>32855021
maybe you just have shit taste
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.