[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>outgrows games for children >gets mad when they no longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 1498248665290.png (58KB, 178x177px) Image search: [Google]
1498248665290.png
58KB, 178x177px
>outgrows games for children
>gets mad when they no longer appeal to him
>blames the game developers

Game Freak isn't worse than before. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: Bitter.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bitter.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>This shitty low tier bait
People like x and y (kinda) and black and white 2

so it's not "you outgrew it"
>>
File: 1489793798650.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489793798650.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>avatarfagging
>>
File: 1497359992673.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497359992673.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>32847997
>I don't know what avatarfagging is
>>
>>32848016
He's referring to this thread >>32845152
>>
The games have very clearly been casualized anon. You'd have to be blind not to see it
>>
>>32848029
I saved that image two hours ago from that thread good job guess I'm not allowed to use reaction images anymore
>>
>>32848040
>Say something
>It must be true because I said so
>>
File: Nervous.jpg (240KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous.jpg
240KB, 960x960px
>>32848040
>Namefag vs avatarfag

N-NANI
>>
>>32847975
>people get mad that Spongebob no longer appeals for them as it continues
>everyone sees this as okay and perfectly acceptable

>people get mad that Youtube E-Celebs no longer appeal for them as it contines
>everyone sees this as okay and perfectly acceptable

>people get mad that Pokemon no longer appeals to them
>WOAH MAN, POKEMON IS A CHILDRENS GAME, ITS JUST FOR CHILDEN YOU AUTISTC SPAZ, WHO CARES IF IT DOES NOTHING TO APPEASE ITS OLDER FANBASE EVEN THOUGH HUNDREDS OF OTHER E FOR EVERYONE GAMES DO!

Gamefreak apologists are fake and gay.
>>
>>32848066
Nice blog post
>>
>>32847975
If they're for children then why is there so much genwunner pandering? Also games for children exist that are challenging and have a lot of work put into them. Can't say that much for Nu-"kids don't bother themselves with post-games because muh smartphones"-Gamefreak.
>>
>>32848050
Well for example, you can look at the lack of postgame content in recent entries compared to previous games. You can look at the easier difficulty. And you can also look at the fact that the dungeons in XY and ESPECIALLY in SM are way less complicated than in previous games. I literally don't remember the dungeons in SM because they were so bad.
>>
>>32848092
Kids nowadays got introduced through GO anon
They're new gen genwunners
>>
>>32848104
>you can look at the lack of postgame content in recent entries compared to previous games
Oh fuck off you're one of these retards. Nobody cares about post game except vp. btw SM has more post game then all of GEN 1 did.

>You can look at the easier difficulty.
It's not easier. After 20 years of playing the same game over and over you tend to get good at them

>And you can also look at the fact that the dungeons in XY and ESPECIALLY in SM are way less complicated than in previous games. I literally don't remember the dungeons in SM because they were so bad.
Seriously? THIS is one of your worst complaints? You sound like a fucking manbaby. Nothing of value was lost. Game Freaks dungeons have always been shitty barebones linear pieces of shit. Stop acting like Pokemon is final fantasy or elder scrolls
>>
>>32848188
God this reply is a mess
1)No one mentioned gen 1 but you
2)" Nobody cares about post game except vp"
what kind of autistic shit is that
3) No,it's easy to tell when a game got easier or not,even if you played it alot
4)>you sound like a manbaby
>making a valid complaint = manbaby
you are autistic.
>>
>>32848188
>Nobody cares about post game except vp.
And clearly Gamefreak doesn't, they literally admitted that they don't give a shit because muh smartphones. Contrast that with, I don't know, HG/SS, or the Pokemon World Tournament. I wonder why, really makes me think.

>After 20 years of playing the same game over and over you tend to get good at them
A good game dev would introduce new mechanics, better AI and better movesets that would up the challenge. Again, BW2 showed that they could do that. Why don't they do that anymore?

>Game Freaks dungeons have always been shitty barebones linear pieces of shit.
>what is the entirety of Mount Fucking Coronet
>>
>>32848188
>Nobody cares about post game except vp
well your original argument was that we outgrew Pokémon, not that Pokémon changed. by trying to argue no one cares about postgame you are effectively admitting there is less postgame.
>It's not easier
It literally is. I played through Black just last year and blacked out multiple times. I never blacked out during XY, ORAS, or SM, and I never needed to buy items.
>Seriously? THIS is one of your worst complaints? You sound like a fucking manbaby. Nothing of value was lost.
Just because you didn't enjoy the dungeons doesn't mean I didn't.
>Game Freaks dungeons have always been shitty barebones linear pieces of shit. Stop acting like Pokemon is final fantasy or elder scrolls
There is an area in between Skyrim dungeons and literal hallways, anon, and I found that area pretty comfy. Also once again this does nothing to prove we outgrew Pokémon. It seems like you just think that because you didn't personally enjoy the aspects of the series Game Freak has been neglecting lately.
>>
>>32848209
>A good game dev would introduce new mechanics, better AI and better movesets that would up the challenge. Why don't they do that anymore?
Z moves exist. Mega evolutions exist. They can't do much more to increase difficulty because EVERY new Pokemon game is some kids first game. YOU. ARE. NOT. IMPORTANT.

>what is the entirety of Mount Fucking Coronet
Sinnoh is trash. Your point?
>>
Haha sorry OP I'm just a stupid faggot please ignore me :)
>>
>>32848240
>sinnoh is trash
confirmed either underage or troll
>You.Are.Not.important
>Pokemon constantly panders in terms of mon designs and references to mr "not important"

Holy shit fuck off avatarfag
>>
>>32848240
>They can't do much more to increase difficulty
>what is Challenge Mode in BW2
How many Yen does TPCi pay you by the way?
>>
>>32848240
>Z moves exist. Mega evolutions exist.
And both of them turned out to be horrendous examples of power creep serving only as a cheap shekel grab, collateral damage to the balance of PvP be damned.
>>
>>32848253
This isn't me
>>
>>32848274
Yes it is,i'm a dumb namefag
>>
>>32848240
Z moves and Mega evolutions are good but they don't make the game harder in any way. In fact they make the game easier because the AI usually doesn't use them.
>YOU. ARE. NOT. IMPORTANT.
what?
>Sinnoh is trash
do you have any reasons for saying that or nah
>>
>>32848254
>>32848240 (You)
>confirmed either underage or troll
>"if you don't agree with me you must be underage or a troll!!!!"

>Pokemon constantly panders in terms of mon designs and references to mr "not important"
No they are pandering to the kids. Believe it or not, Gen 1 is STILL the favorite gen even among children. Blame GO and the parents.

>Holy shit fuck off avatarfag
I used one image in my OP. Do you even know what avatarfagging Is? Retard.
>>
>>32848274
THIS ISN'T ME
>>
>>32848289
Countless games are targeted towards children and have satisfying, challenging gameplay. There is no excuse for how half-finished the 3DS Pokemon games are.
>>
>>32848240
>sinnoh is trash

I get a good feeling you haven't even got to to Mt. Coronet in DPPt. They are surprisingly not easy to navigate.

If anything, OP, I think you're the one who has outgrown Pokemon. If you're think that the games were designed for kids and if you're getting frustrated over people who don't like the newer games, then you should just go and play other games or go outside or whatever.
>>
>>32848289
> Gen 1 is STILL the favorite gen even among children

HAHA
>>
>>32848296
I mean it's your fault. If you're gonna have a name, should've gotten something secure like a tripcode
>>
>>32847975
Fucking Gwenpool you are a cancer in /co/, and that saying alot
>>
>>32848289
>>32848304
From what I've seen of children they usually like the latest and coolest designs. Like when my parents babysat these kids in gen 4 they liked Garchomp and Lucario. Genwunners are mostly older people who haven't even tried the newer games and are just trying to be cool
>>
File: you.png (5KB, 353x82px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
5KB, 353x82px
>>32848310
heh

Anyway why are you so angry OP? Your arguments are all over the place. It's fine if you like the newer games but you should recognize that the people who dislike them have good reasons for doing so.
>>
>>32847975
>Gwenpool
Hate her comics.
>>
>>32848300

>Countless games are targeted towards children and have satisfying, challenging gameplay.
Name 20
>>
>>32848322
Your argument is very dated. Gen 4 was obviously before your claimed "drop in quality"

Pokemon GO is the only reason kids these days like Pokemon. There for genwun pandering exists. For them.
>>
>many games and media made for children remain of high quality
>one doesn't and gets called out
>"dude you just outgrew games for kids lmao"
>>
>>32848422
basically any first-party nintendo game
>>32848443
>Pokemon GO is the only reason kids these days like Pokemon
Pokémon Go was a fad, it didn't get anyone into Pokémon for more than a month. Kids get into Pokémon from the anime and TCG, same as always. In fact 78% of Go players are adults https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2016/07/26/more-women-than-men-are-playing-pokemon-go-by-a-lot/#14a4c7413dc2
>>
>>32848422
The vast bulk of the library of games for the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis.
>>
>>32847975
>Game Freak isn't worse than before. Prove me wrong.
GF is better now than ever before. If they released /vp/'s favorite games (BW2, HGSS, Platinum) today they would be called trash. If they released their most recent games 5 years ago they would be hailed as groundbreaking masterpieces.

GF is slow at improving but it has slowly made the series better while staying true to the originals. Tell me one (1) other developer that has done that with their series.
>>
>>32848554
Advertising is against the rules, Uncle Gamefreak.
>>
>>32847975
A simple difficulty setting would solve a lot of issues with this.

Anyone complaining about the story not being mature is a retard, but adding extra difficulty options that improve the enemy sets and AI would go a long way.

And asking for post-game facilities, such as a Frontier or PWT isn't out of the question for a third version like USM, as its happened before.
>>
>>32848602
>And asking for post-game facilities, such as a Frontier or PWT isn't out of the question
Back in BW2 days this was plausible. But this is Nu-Gamefreak we're talking about now. They literally stopped giving a shit, confirmed by interviews with Ohmori.
>>
>>32848624
I'm witholding my judgment on that until USM releases.

I would have believed that coming off ORAS, but SM actually gave me a bit of hope. XY was dog shit, but I actually enjoyed SM, its what I would have expected from introduction games following gen 5.

However, if USM fails to deliver, I am not giving them a third chance. Its this or nothing.
>>
>>32848655
>he still expects anything
>he still doesn't realise that gen 6 is precedent
holy shit this fanbase is like an abused wife who still thinks the husband who beats the ever living shit out of her every day can change someday
>>
>>32847975
This argument is so fucking bogus. Yeah, the core gameplay of the series is more or less the same as its always been. But the values of the series have been warped greatly over time. Pokémon used to be series that was mainly about you exploring the world and getting stronger, stopping a villian along the way of course. But now the most recent title has you railroaded into helping some moeblob with her mommy issues even though it really has nothing to do with you. Recently, the games have been feeling less and less like your own adventure, so I wouldn't blame anybody if they said they just think the series isn't as good as it used to be.
>>
>>32848491
>>32848524
>asked to name 20
>can't
LOL
>>
>>32848667
I'll repeat

If we were still on gen 6, I'd agree completely, but I actually did like SM.

With all that said, I have CFW and have no intention of actually buying the games until I've tried them when they leak 2 weeks early again.
>>
>>32848684
I doubt I've even played 20 children's games that aren't Pokémon. 20 is a big number
>>
>>32848675
>wanting a game that's basically the same every time to be even MORE the same every time
>>
>>32848690
If I recall Ohmori's still leading the projects. Yeah, that Ohmori, the one that explicitly said they denied us a fucking Battle Frontier because "muh smartphones kids don't care anymore xD" So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Wanna bet that the five unused maps and the full walking models won't return? How about the eight empty lots? Or the Battle Tree completely unchanged? Screenshot this.
>>
>>32848704
Change is good and every decent series needs it in order to keep its longevity. However, with Pokémon it's gotten to the point where it feels like the developers don't even understand what made the series fun in the first place, outside of the monster collecting.
>>
>>32848722
I'm pretty sure it was Masuda that said they designed gen 6 to be easier because of smart phone kids, and that they didn't want to put a battle frontier for fear that kids would get mad.

USM is what will prove if Ohmori really is as useless as Masuda, or if Masuda was just meddling with ORAS.
>>
>>32848240
>They can't do much more to increase difficulty
You know, besides adding diffcutly settings, like they did with BW2 but knowing Gamefreak, USUM, if it even has difficulty settings would be a day 1 DLC for only one day or something where you have to transefer an event pokemon specifically from Gen 3 to the Pokebank to USUM.
>>
>>32848381
Any reason why? I see a lot of people say this, but I really enjoy Gwenpool and no one ever seems to specify what they don't like about the comics
>>
>>32848797
It's because people use the main artist as a scapegoat for literally everything else. Outside of the past two issues and the first two issues, the writing wasn't good, and it really showed how bad the writing really is when the guest artists took over. Even when the main artist is on the book, the paneling really could use a lot of work, as well as the dynamic of the characters in said panels.

It is better than most current Marvel ongoings, but that really isn't saying much at all.
>>
>>32848092
>If they're for children then why is there so much genwunner pandering?

I'm going to share an insight I read from an anon here on /vp/ not too long ago because I think it actually makes perfect sense: what everyone interprets as "genwun pandering" is actually a marketing decision that has more to do with keeping and maintaining a small core of permanently iconic and recognizable characters than it has to do with "pandering". People tend to forget that to a kid brand new to the series, pikachu and charizard are just as new and fresh as anything from the newest games.

And of course this core was built out of mostly gen 1 pokemon, they were the only ones that existed when this core was established. And to be fair, furthermore, they have added newer-gen pokemon to the shill collection over the years. See: lucario, greninja.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.