[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Crustle is PU >Regice is PU >Mawile is PU >Glaceon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1369579773064.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1369579773064.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
>Crustle is PU
>Regice is PU
>Mawile is PU
>Glaceon is PU
>Trevanant is PU

What the fuck? These pokemon aren't bad. Where the fuck are pokemon like Kricketune and Dunsparce supposed to flourish?
>>
The tiers are based on usage you fucking retard. They have nothing to do with viability.
>>
File: 1381281811273.jpg (34KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1381281811273.jpg
34KB, 850x638px
>>32847430
Mawile is great though. In fact _he's my MVP in my OU team.
>>
>>32847430
>Where the fuck are pokemon like Kricketune and Dunsparce supposed to flourish?
In FU, if they bother to continue it.
>>
mawile's base form is bad. Its mega is banned to OU
>>
>>32847430
The flaw with usage-based tiers.

Necrozma is much better then NU, but its sitting there because no one uses it.
>>
>>32847522
If Necrozma was actually better than all the stuff in NU it would get banned from the tier.
>>
in the tier "Fuck yoU"
>>
>>32847532
For reference, Clefable started in NU during Gen 6, and we all know how that ended up. Its based on usage, not actual viability. The only place where viability comes into play is for banlists.
>>
>>32847436
>They have nothing to do with viability.

unfactual and same sex
>>
>>32847532
only if it gets used

but it doesn't
>>
>>32847867
If it was good,people would use it.
>>
>>32847436
literally false
>>
>>32847430
Honestly they should just stop it with the -U tier names and just name them after the scheme they already do for the viability rankings. The fact that they have to have two tiers below what was once called "Neverused" doesn't make much sense.

S = Uber
A = OU
B = UU
C = RU
D = NU
E = PU
F = FU

There's getting to be so many shitmons too shitty for PU that they're getting forced out by the powercreep.
>>
>>32848115
no
>>
>>32848115
At some point there might as well be a tier between Ubers and OU. Also the idea of a standard OU that excludes box legends is horribly outdated thanks to power creep. The tiers should work entirely downwards, starting from 3.14% usage in AG, then Ubers, then Ubers-2, then OU, etc.
>>
>>32848133
I agree with you. What's even the point of Ubers? A banlist that's also a tier? It should have its own usage stats that make a cutoff for what's OU and what's not.

AG I disagree with you though. It was clearly made just to be no rules fun zone, which was what Ubers once was before Smogon turned it into this inconsistent mess it is today.
>>
>>32847940
people don't get how to use it

chansey was overlooked in the first couple years in gen 1 until someone wrecked shit with it in a tourney
>>
>>32847430
Regice is absolute garbage
>>
>>32847436
>the most used pokemon aren't the most viable ones

whatever you say anon. just because there's the occassional ambipom that gets more usage than it deserves doesn't change the fact that usage and viability are generally tied together. it's how competitive games work.
>>
>>32847593
>For reference, Clefable started in NU during Gen 6

except clefable was never nu in gen 6 anon. stop making things up.
>>
File: WEBPAGE_20170624_105852.jpg (53KB, 720x511px) Image search: [Google]
WEBPAGE_20170624_105852.jpg
53KB, 720x511px
>>32847940
The only time a pokemon with high base BST's that were straight up terrible either had
>a bad typing
>a bad ability
>no moves
The only ones that made the cut for this were Regigigas and Slaking, who's abilities make them unviable, Regice, who has a really bad defensive typing (arguably the worst of them all) and Articuno who fits all three criterias. Necrozma on the other hand has a great ability, a interesting movepool with the ability to set up, recovery and lay entry hazards and Psychic is still a decent typing all thing considered, it's not fabulous like Ground, Fairy or Dragon, but not terrible either like Normal, Ice or Rock (defensively). The main reason why Necro is not used is because IT'S O U T C L A S S E D. You want a bulky Psychic type that can provide utility and support to your team ? Bronzong is right here. You want a powerhouse of a offensive Psychic mon? Mega Metagross, Deoxys, Hoopa-U or Lunala are right there. You want a mon that can set up by itself or via Batton Pass and sweep? Espeon is in the background.
>>
>>32847430
>Glaceon is PU
>What the fuck? These pokemon aren't bad
>Glaceon
Re-evaluate
>>
>>32850473
Necrozma sucks because its offensive movepool is fucking garbage, especially on the special side.
Not being able to learn HP fighting sucks too.
>>
>>32850516
Normally it wouldn't be such a big problem for some mons to not be able to even touch a mon who's type they're weak to if there movepool can make up for it, but I will have to agree on this one since Dark can be a very problematic type at times and a Psychic type not being able to deal with Dark types can prove to be more of a hindrance. I'm actually surprised that they didn't give it Dazzling Gleam or Focus Miss, but I'm kinda expecting DG to pop up in its movepool in USM, after all they gave Delphox DG in ORAS where's in XY it couldn't learn that moves.

Regardless, either way you want you put it, Necrozma is not bad mon in the actual sense, it's not a Articuno or a Regigigas, but it sufferers from limited a movepool and being outclassed in general.
>>
In LU5.
but seriously, git gud. (or equip stuff like swagplay and take them to AG)
(or doubles)

>>32847449
mawile, not mega mawile.
>>
File: 1495744950467.png (168KB, 293x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495744950467.png
168KB, 293x323px
>It's a autists on vp get autistic over mere abbreviations thread
>>
>>32847593
It started as OU in gen 6.
>>
>>32847436

Idiot, pokemon get low usage because they suck competitively
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.