[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite cutscene from any main Pokemon game and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: UcJQsYd_d.jpg (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
UcJQsYd_d.jpg
10KB, 240x160px
What was your favorite cutscene from any main Pokemon game and why?

Pic related for me because I played Emerald blind when it was released and I never saw this coming.
Second would probably be a tie between that Kahuna strolling to the laguna thing in Sun and Moon and Bianca's family drama in Nimbasa in Black and White

pls no fighting about whether cutscenes are goog or bab thx
>>
>>32840997
Toss-up between the Emerald cutscene you mentioned, Primal Groudon/Kyogre, and the Mega Fug meteor cutscene.
>>
>>32840997
My favourite cutscene was Pokemon Sun and Moon
>>
>>32840997
The finale of the Delta Episode made the entirety of ORAS worth it.

I also really like Crystal's intro, if that counts. Still trippy as fuck.
>>
>>32840997
Has to be the entire opening for sun and moon for me.
>>
>>32840997
Delta Episode, going to SPESS

The Deoxys reveal was pure kino, literally could not have been done better.
>>
The opening movie for B/W. Amazing first impression
>>
>>32841125
I found that to be meh at best. Don't get me wrong, it's a great intro, and is certainly done well, but an entire gen of exposition intros with upbeat music it struck me as odd, and I didn't really get it, so it was a bad first impression.
>>
>>32841168
>but an
but *after* an
>>
>>32840997
I ended up being disappointed in Emerald's "big climactic cutscene" more than anything. I had seen a screenshot on the back of the box and maybe a glimpse of it in a commercial, but when it happened, I was deeply underwhelmed. I thought it was going to go on much longer than that and have more to it beyond Rayquaza roaring once. The sprite work looks nice, but it could have had a lot to it.

My favorite intros and credits are from GSC and HGSS, I like the big Lugia and Ho-Oh summoning sequences, and I love most of the title screens. While the visuals to the Sinnoh title screens are a little bland, what makes it and the intros all come together are the moment when you play the Azure Flute to reach the Hall of Origin and it's the same tune. I also like the moment when reality starts to distort and spacetime covers Sinnoh's skies.
>>
>>32841203
Emerald's cutscene was basically just Groudon and Kyogre squabbling before fug screams at them to break shit up
>>
File: 1496493989396.jpg (23KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496493989396.jpg
23KB, 466x700px
>>32841055
>>
Specifically Yveltal awakening
>>
>>32840997
Black/White, when N's Castle appears at the League.
Shit was so cash, and that was the pinnacle of the series. It only went downfall afterwards, in terms of memorable things.
>>
The part in ORAS where you ride the box legend and mega fug.
>>
File: 07qVRxx.jpg (90KB, 952x622px) Image search: [Google]
07qVRxx.jpg
90KB, 952x622px
>>
>>32842426
Is this a loss edit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.