[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how long do you think we'll have to wait to see this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png (131KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png
131KB, 250x249px
So how long do you think we'll have to wait to see this on Virtual Console? When they released RBY all at the same time I was under the assumption that they'd do the same for Gen II. Everybody knows Gold is the inferior version and I've done enough Silver playthroughs for one lifetime, so I'm not too keen on doing it again.
Plus Crystal gives you Teddiursa and Phanpy before the first gym, and I would love to have a Donphan early on.
>>
I had this kind of feeling most people consider Crystal such a superior option that they wanted people to buy GS at all

Cause compared to Yellow, which is inherently inferior outside of le free starters, Crystal has a lot more content to it. I don't know if the GBC exclusivity has something to do with it though
>>
>>32840834
Probably not happening because there were JP exclusive wireless/mobile features.

HGSS kind of followed Crystal's storyline anyways.
>>
>>32840860
Yellow's improved movepools made it pretty appealing though.
>>
>>32840879
Oh yeah, I forget about those too often than naught

I just really don't like the wild encounters you get in Yellow. A lot of my favorites got cut
>>
>>32840897
I thought about getting Red, but the fact that Charizard couldn't even learn Fly back then was a huge turn off.
>>
>>32840860
While I disagree with the idea Yellow is inferior, I agree with the overall idea that most people would get either Red or Blue in addition to Yellow. There is no reason to get Gold or Silver over Crystal unless you really like Mareep, Girafarig, or Remoraid.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they intend to save it for a Switch release.
>>
>>32840834
there is HGSS so nobody gives a fuck about Crystal.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if they just skip it. But I hope they restore the Mobile Center and get it up and running with some faux-phone thing in the VC menu.
>>
>>32840860
Crystal is an improvement, but I wouldn't say it's an improvement on the same scale as later third versions. I think that choosing Gold or Silver over Crystal is a bit of a nostalgia thing as well. My first game was Silver, and I would choose it over Crystal. I also prefer Gold and Silver's "look" to Crystal's (as in I like Ho-Oh and Lugia more than Suicune and its "mysticism"). Actually, if I had to put Crystal into a word from my perception as a kid, it's that it seems more "mystical" than Gold and Silver. The color of the box art and Suicune, its association with water, and the word "Crystal" in comparison to the metals Gold and Silver give off a different vibe than I got from Gold and Silver.

I know that Crystal is better than Gold and Silver, but I can't just shake the feeling that I'd prefer to be playing one of the latter instead. Last year, I played Red in Japanese instead of Blue or Pikachu/Yellow. I think that's because I associate Red/Green and Gold/Silver as the "definitive" ways to experience Gen I and II. But I'd rather play Emerald and Platinum over Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl.

It would be cool if they were taking more time with Crystal so they could get all the Mobile System GB stuff working again. Imagine playing Crystal in English with all the functions of the Japanese version restored. But that's hoping for way too much and chances are they're just delaying it so people buy Gold/Silver instead of defaulting to Crystal.
>>
They're double dipping.
>>
>>32841642
Watch them release it for the Switch and use the Switch app to give you the GS Ball.
>>
>>32841565

hgss is shit
>>
>>32841565
t. underage autist shill
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.