[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When you finally become aware the more Pokemon Game Freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1497835282960.png (321KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497835282960.png
321KB, 800x1080px
>When you finally become aware the more Pokemon Game Freak make the less likely the gameplay is going to improve due to them overworking themselves with too much bullshit

I think Gen VI was the breaking point for me. Back when I was younger, Gen IV and V having like about 500 Pokemon didn't seem too unreasonable. Now that we're around 800, it's likely these games are going to completely stagnate and we'll never get big game changers ever again
>>
>>32840656
That's future GameFreak's problem.
>>
>>32840656
>the same people modelling Pokémon are the same people designing and implementing the gameplay
I agree Pokémon is going to shit but it's not because there are too many Pokémon
>>
>>32840704
Anon, I'm sorry Lily

Don't forget: Because there's so many Pokemon they have to add stats, movesets, abilities and how you can find them in-game if you can find them in-game. You can't completely ignore the fact that when they add a huge number of these fuckers that development time HAS to go into making them usable. Why do you think the Ultra Beasts are just another set of Pokemon?

As a result it becomes harder and harder to make these Pokemon feel alive. These modelers and designers have to give life to these creatures, and that takes man hours too

This wouldn't be an issue if Game Freak weren't a tiny, shitty game developer that can barely make games SM's code in particular is a total mess. The system of "introduce an approximate hundred new Pokemon and redo the 8 Badges+Evil Team story a dozen times" already busted after 20 years and now they're experimenting with gameplay, but it's hard to experiment when you're also introducing a shit ton of new characters and Pokemon to keep everything fresh
>>
>>32840656
I think its because modern games are tougher to create. Now with Pokemon, being the monster it is, shouldn't have a problem with this, but you'll notice that only now are Gamefreak really trying to expand.

I will say what I've been saying since its announcement; USM will ultimately set the tone for the future of the series. Putting aside subjective opinions, if they actually show effort, such as large new areas to explore, or some sort of battle facility that isn't just standard wifi battles but in single player, then we know they can still make something. But if we get another ORAS, where we get a largely story driven post-game quest with a couple of braindead easy battles that only lasts a couple hours, then I think I'll finally have lost all hope for the franchise.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.