[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People shit on ORAS because they made the Safari Zone another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1422740711549.png (305KB, 606x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422740711549.png
305KB, 606x326px
>People shit on ORAS because they made the Safari Zone another route

Why? ORAS are pretty bad but that's one of the few improvements. Safari Zone mechanics have never been good. What the fuck do people see in it?
>>
Nostalgia
>>
>>32840007
I agree. Other than not being able to use the Safari Ball, it's better that way. People make it sound like it's fun trying to catch a Chansey at full HP with that shitty catch rate only for it to run away like it was nothing.
>>
>>32840007
Because instead of TRYING to make something new with the safari they removed it. ORAS as a whole didn't TRY anything, and that's the problem. The game is too safe.
>>
File: bd8.jpg (47KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.jpg
47KB, 800x760px
>>32840788
>Removing a shit mechanic

The step shit is a relic of 2D games and being unable to weaken wild Pokemon was a really bad gimmick that made catching Pokemon a total chore, taking away from the gameplay that was already there

Completely eradicating the Game Corner was a terrible idea though not completely since the biggest prizes were TMs which are permanent now but Safari Zone never added anything but frustration and a waste of time
>>
>>32840811
>Completely eradicating the Game Corner was a terrible idea
In fairness, they didn't have a lot of choice on that given how many countries have gambling as a major age restrictor

I thought the way they depicted it as going out of business was quite funny, too.
>>
Because you can just go to literally any other area in the game if you don't like the safari zone mechanics. Taking away variety from a fucking side area of the game is bad.
>>
>>32841273
I still wonder how Voltorb Flip managed to get through. Was that the last time they felt like trying to offer a substitution?

>>32841299
>Side game
Safari Zone is literally the only way to get a select few Pokemon in the game. There's your variety you twat
>>
>>32841315
>Safari Zone is literally the only way to get a select few Pokemon in the game

Trading exists. Use it.
>>
>>32840788
>ORAS as a whole didn't TRY anything
>Dexnav
>Soaring
>Making a previously event-only mon available ingame
>>
It'd be great if they just took away the shitass Safari Game but they also stripped the area in general a lot, even compared to just RS, and that hurts.
>>
>>32841425
I feel like Pokemon games are getting away with less and less changes. They alter one thing and leave the rest of the game pretty samey. The series needs to really stop being a yearly/bi-yearly release for its own good

>>32841437
Yeah, that's the major issue is the region itself is a shadow of its former self. Not that it matters because Hoenn was shit to begin with, but a mediocre Hoenn is still better than Kalos
>>
>>32841332
So if trading exists then the Safari Zone isn't needed and should disappear.
Cool.
>>
>>32841668
No because the safari zone offers another in-game alternative of catching pokemon.
>>
>>32840007
If you don't like the Safari Zone, then don't go in it. Dumbass.
>>
>>32841684
>If you dont like something that is literally required for the story then just dont beat the game
>>
>>32841753
>required for the story

But it isn't.
>>
Ideally they should let you go in regular but offer an option to play the Safari Game so everyone can be happy.

>>32841780
In RGBY/FRLG it is, though that's not what you mean.
>>
>>32841807
>In RGBY/FRLG it is

The part that's required has nothing to do with the catching mechanics and it's literally just a puzzle for figuring out how to get somewhere in a minimized number of steps.
>>
>>32840007
I agree OP
it was purely luck based bullshit
>>
Having to use many different methods in order to catch everything - some convenient, some less so - is a good thing. It makes it feel like an actual hunt and not just a checklist.
>>
>>32841315
South Korea and Europe had the Veilstone Game Corner in Platinum but the gambling itself was removed and censored with unplayable 'game machines' with the Explosion TM and a handful of coins being given out for free - you had to buy coins if you wanted any of the things from there. Interestingly though, I'm from Australia and the Game Corner wasn't altered or censored for me in my copy of Platinum even though we're supposed to get European based versions, don't know why Australia was left exempt. Definitely not complaining though.

In HGSS though, all Korean and Western versions had the Goldenrod and Celadon Game Corners replaced with Voltorb Flip. And yes, from Gen V onwards there has been no form of gambling (or substitutes) in any of the games, Japanese or not.
>>
>>32841684
And what if i want a Rhyhorn?Or a Dratini?
>>
>>32844011
You better have friends :)

I want my garbage gimmicks and you can just ask for shit online :)
>>
Safari balls.
>>
>>32845537
>Reskinned Great Balls

They look good, but not worth the shitty mechanics
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.