[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Dragon being designed as an intentionally powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-149Dragonite.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-149Dragonite.png
50KB, 250x250px
Remember when Dragon being designed as an intentionally powerful type worked because it was a very exclusive type with poor move distribution?
Remember how Gen III ruined the delicate balance, and introduced several dragons for no fucking reason?
>>
>>32839252
Remember when dragonite was the only dragon type and it was shit?
>>
>>32839252
but it wasn't all that good of a type.

All it did was give Dragonite a 4x weakness without a worthwhile STAB to show for it.

Even now Dragon types are more good for their members, rather then the actual type itself.
>>
>>32839252
I'm glad they did.
>>
This thread makes no sense

Who's your favorite Dragon type? I love Hydreigon
>>
>>32839252

Dragon was initially designed as the "Final Boss" type, that's why it resists Grass, Fire, Water, and Electric, the four starter types of Gen 1.

Obviously though, that part of the type's design became outdated, so they logically adjusted the type to be more balanced.
>>
>>32839268
Gen II Dragonite was pretty good. Gen I was kind of meh, but that's in part due to how prevalent blizzard was, thanks to the move being so op.
>>
>>32839280
Can't decide between Kommo-o, Hydreigon, Giratina-O, or Zygundam, honestly.
>>
>>32839301
Wrap t wave agility dragonite is crazy to stop tho
>>
dragon wasn't even good in gen 3, the only actual worthwhile one was salamence (and flygon sort of) and it had to use hidden power flying as its best attack

if you want to point fingers look at gen 4 where dragons got outrage as physical STAB while also getting draco meteor for special
>>
I think it was designed to be a final boss, that's why there was only Dragonite's line at the time.

>>32839252
>Remember how Gen III ruined the delicate balance
Come on. Gen III only introduced like 3 dragons. Two of them are OK at best and one of them is designed to be a final boss again (with Metagross). The rest are legendaries.

The balance was ruined with Gen V at the point they needed to nerf the type in Gen VI.
>>
Dragon wasn't even good until Gen 4 gave them physical Outrage
>>
>>32839294
Is it strange how it's always resisted electric, even before pikachu became the mascot and the starter of yellow?
>>
>>32839252
Dragon became broken with the advent of 120 BP physical outrage. Only then because of chomp and mence.
>>
>>32839252
Dragons weren't that great as a type. They were only good because of high BST and Dragon countering Dragon.
>>
>>32839252
>Remember how Gen III ruined the delicate balance
You mean gen 2? By introducing bullshit new types? Gen 3 adding good dragons instead of dumb bullshit like barney and tubedra is hardly what ruined the meta.
>>
>>32839267
dragonite has actually been consistenly pretty good thoughout all the generations, in gen 1 you could use wrap to really fuck shit up with it
>>
>>32839252
More like
>remember how gen IV introduced garchomp
>>
>>32841024
It was to negate flying's electric weakness. I think the idea was for Dragonite to only have only two real weaknesses.
>>
>>32839252
remember when the devs realised that for the franchise to continue they'd have to keep on adding pokemon of every type?
>>
>>32839280
coconut tree is my favourite
>>
>>32841983
Except for ice, apparently.
>>
File: 1496714086554.png (2MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1496714086554.png
2MB, 1000x1414px
>>32841681
Dragonite's been always good, but its typing used to be weak. It resisted Water which was nice, but it was weak to Ice which was fucking everywhere in Gen 1. On top of all that, there virtually were no Dragon moves to take advantage of either. Contrary to OP's stupid fucking point, Dragon as a type was weak in the first few gens, and started to get strong specifically in Gen 3.

>>32839280
Good taste. I'm a fucking filthy Dragonfag, so its Hydreigon/Zard X, with Salamence close behind. Pretty much love all Dragons though.
>>
>>32839280

Mega-Rayquaza, Mega or Regular Salamence, and Dragonite

Honestly there are so many to choose though.
>>
>>32839267
Remember when dragon rage was the strongest dragon type move
>>
>>32839280
ma MAYN hydreigon is bae
>>
>>32841983
but then in gen 7 they realized they can just keep adding less and less pokemon until in gen 9 they stop adding pokemon of each type and just add like 12 per game?
>>
>>32841109
Steel was ridiculous but Dark was a needed fuck you to Psychics who had it way too good before.
>>
>>32841024
Are you retarded? The games and anime were always designed around each other.
>>
>>32839252
I miss the game being able to do this kind of design.

Like onix being bad on purpose. Ah well. There are other RPGs if you want a more traditional game.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.