[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are regional variants a gimmick that will be continued in future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: f02.png (997KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
f02.png
997KB, 1500x1500px
Are regional variants a gimmick that will be continued in future generations/installments?
>>
>>32838987
How the fuck should we know?
>>
>>32838987
Well, logically it should be continued, but they better not forget megas!
>>
6 Gen Cosplay Pikachu
7. Gen No Cosplay Pikachu but Floette
>>
>>32838987
No
>>
>>32838987
>020-02
eh?
>>
>>32838987
I fear they'll abandon it, just like they did gender differences.
>>
File: 1490396171864.jpg (51KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1490396171864.jpg
51KB, 500x386px
No, because then Alola wouldn't feel unique anymore. Which also means we're getting HMs back in Gen 8 instead of PokeRide or some equivalent.
>t. gamefreak
>>
>>32838987
They will continue. I just hope they make the other versions available. Like a passport item that they hold when breeding or a rocket style method to buy foreign variants.

They could be the next baby pokemon and be all but forgotten with a few examples available.

Personally I think they are better than megas. I hope megas are abandoned.
>>
Maybe not regional variants, but no doubt some kind of analogue that involves creation of new designs but not new pokemon so they can get away with few completely new pokemon again.
>>
>>32839262
We're getting a new Alolan-Raticate in USUM.
>>
>>32839245

Could have something to do with the fact that Cosplay Pikachu are because of Pokemon Contests and IIRC Contests aren't in S/M so there's not point in them...

Floette however, it could still be released. Something tells me that Flabébé will be in the USUM Dex............
>>
>>32839262
>thinking this hard about it

theres 18 pokemon on the pic
>>
I've liked mega and variants and i hope they will both return in some ways but every region has a thing that makes her unique.

I stay positive in gamefreak about their ability to surprise us and to give us what we want even if we don't kwow that we want it.

But actually in UltraSM i'm sure at least variants will return with new Zpower. They are what makes gen 7 unique and they will also add ultra armored pokebeast.

What i wonder is will we get new ultra beast who would be considered as new pokemon in the pokedex. In that i dont believe
>>
>>32838987
In an interview Ohmori said that the regional variants will be considered in the future games
>>
>>32839245
Regional variants can be in Bank, dude.
>>
World building wise, it makes tons of sense. Not all raven or fox species on the planet are identical. But I won't be surprised if they do dithc it just to make Alola "unique" (which imo is a very bad thinking)
>>
>>32838987
Hopefully not.
>>
File: tomato grass.png (4KB, 194x81px) Image search: [Google]
tomato grass.png
4KB, 194x81px
>>32838987
It could be the only worth features for a new Kanto Remake, including "kanto form".
>>
>>32839307
wut. Source?
>>
>>32839262
Totem A.Raticate placeholder other totems have them too.
>>
>>32838987
Yes. As a way to cuck us out of brand new Pokemon.
>>
>>32843678
This is amazing. I hate Jellicent, i've tried to like it for so long. So long. But the female form is truthfully god-awful.

This however, changes everything. Not sure why but it makes all of the random design elements work together instead of again it.
>>
>>32838987
Probably just a method of expanding number of pokemon while keeping the pokedex from growing too huge or cutting out certain pokemon.

It makes sense to me since each region has a different climate, so naturally, pokemon would evolve to fit those environments.
>>
>>32839213
No, fuck megas. They should do more cross gen evos
>>
>>32845105
you heard him people! no megas, get those skarmory and shuckle evo's going, people aren't complaining about eviolite enough!

megas are great for buffing just slightly underutilized or underpowered pokemon, without causing eviolite disaster. the problem is GF just give them to already OP pokemon. mawile was a good case, banette was underwhelming.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.